Home
Gran Turismo 5 News Post

Game: Gran Turismo 5Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 16 - View All
Gran Turismo 5 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jWILL253 @ 01/08/10 01:32 AM
Gotta had it to Sony. If it's one type of game that they know how to make in this generation, it's sports sims (save for NBA 10).

I can honestly say, of all the sports games that claim to be a "simulation" of a real life sport, Gran Turismo 5 is the only one that comes even close to real life, and MLB 10: The Show will play a close second to it...

# 2 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/08/10 01:41 AM
So hyped for this game. Car enthusiasts wet dream. Will be buying a Logitech wheel too for the first time. The game will be so deep.

# 3 Keirik @ 01/10/10 12:31 PM
when is the release date? 2018 ? Feels like this game has been in development longer than the space program.

# 4 countryboy @ 01/10/10 12:37 PM
^^^ was slated for a Spring release date, but has since been moved back to Nov.

# 5 billmatic @ 01/10/10 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
when is the release date? 2018 ? Feels like this game has been in development longer than the space program.
Basically. This is becoming a Duke Nukem Forever situation.

# 6 mudman @ 01/10/10 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
link?

PD said it would be released in March for Japan sometime after than in other regions.

Has PD said anything different than that?

# 7 Blzer @ 01/10/10 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
No it hasn't! Really?

That actually may be good news for me, as it will work better as a Christmas present instead of forcing myself to buy it before that.

# 8 Whitesox @ 01/10/10 11:04 PM
CB, are you sure? Pulling our legs?

After googling the matter, I can find nothing about November, only March '10 in Japan.

# 9 bcruise @ 01/13/10 02:50 AM
*Sigh*

Gran Turismo 5 Delayed, New Release Date: TBA

That's never good...

# 10 42 @ 01/13/10 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

# 11 Flawless @ 01/13/10 03:27 AM
Launch title for...

# 12 ExtremeGamer @ 01/13/10 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
LOL, I'm sorry, but that's hilarious.

# 13 burnwood @ 01/13/10 02:33 PM
I'm really bummed to hear this news. GT5 now being said to have an indefinite Japanese release date. If Forza 3 hadn't come out when it did I'd be completely sick without a racer.

The only bright spots are the comments posted on Kotaku.

This gem takes the cake:

08:20 AM @lavans: Call it Gran Turismo Forever Online and we could all go around calling it GTFO.

10:21 AM @Yossarian: Awesome.

# 14 rspencer86 @ 01/14/10 05:15 PM
RELEASE THE DAMN GAME!!!!!!!

Ok, I feel better.

Seriously, come on man. What is the hold up? The game looks nice in all of these videos and screenshots, what is causing all these delays?

# 15 Blzer @ 01/15/10 12:40 PM
That's... neat?

# 16 RunN1st @ 01/15/10 12:51 PM
Could be, if you are a real race car driver that actually puts a real car on the track.

# 17 Kruza @ 01/15/10 02:25 PM
Yeah, I totally agree with mniner here. With this feature it would be possible for a racing team/factory to preserve gas, tires, etc. plus the general wear and tear that comes from frequent testing. It would be convenient for the real race car driver to just pop in GT5 and test this way provided the game has an accurate enough real-world depiction of the car and track.

Kruza

# 18 rockchisler @ 01/16/10 06:14 PM
Whats the over under on what will be released first, Dr. Dre Detox or Gran Turismo 5?

# 19 Blzer @ 01/16/10 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruza
Yeah, I totally agree with mniner here. With this feature it would be possible for a racing team/factory to preserve gas, tires, etc. plus the general wear and tear that comes from frequent testing. It would be convenient for the real race car driver to just pop in GT5 and test this way provided the game has an accurate enough real-world depiction of the car and track.

Kruza
Oh, of course. I never questioned its functionality for a second. Unfortunately, this applies to none of us.

# 20 Lieutenant Dan @ 01/18/10 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Seems these guys are really painting themselves into a corner. On one hand, I can understand them wanting to wait until it's as perfect as you can get it because they want to blow away the consumer, but it's happened so much now that when if finally does get released, they're going to get SO much heat because:

a) Some bug or quirk will still be revealed, and/or

b) The final product will not be as mind-blowing as many believe it should be with it having taken so long, i.e., "we waited this long for THIS?!?"

With the Forza's and other "simulators" of the world building fan-bases and simulation fans getting more discerning and expectant these days, I have to wonder if the final result of the release will be a collective yawn after the initial hype of the release dies down.
Flamehead is wise.

It's my feeling that once Polyphony got a real good look at Forza 3 last fall, they decided their current best wasn't good enough to 'top' it. This was probably made more apparent after they got a retail copy and played it more extensively.

PD has always set the bar very high, even for themselves. Now, as Flamehead pointed out, they are pushing expectations even higher with another delay to the point where nothing less than a REMARKABLE game that's virtually flawless will be expected.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.