Home
MLB 10 News Post

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Galvatron @ 01/08/10 05:26 AM
Yikes!!! The lighting is MUCH improved !!! That clip of Granderson stepping into the batter's box looked almost TOO real. Real broadcast feel with the new cam!! And finally a proper CitiField. Now I know it's an early build but a few nitpicks...the tarp still seems to be missing,and the banners on the outfield wall didn't seem to make it in(tho they were added late in the season) But who cares...This game along with Uncharted 2 SHOWCASE THE BEST VISUALS ON THE PS3 by far! And its not even finished yet!

# 22 nemesis04 @ 01/08/10 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Yeah, we definitely will. I need to see a ball that's hit like straight to the left or right fielder, and see if they'll keep the center camera angle.

I mean don't get me wrong, I totally understand why they have it this way for gameplay purposes (being able to line up and see what you're fielding), but for authenticity's sake, that would definitely be cool to see something similar real life, even down the lines.

And just a very small nitpick, but I think it's a bit too low is all. Maybe if it's raised up only slightly in next year's version.

Hey, Rome wasn't built in a day, right? That one 3D video and the look of Yankee Stadium was amazing!
What good is doing it for authenticity sake if you can't field with it? If it stays fixed, there is going to be some depth perception problems while fielding. For replays I think it is more feasible to see that type set-up.

# 23 CommunityCollege @ 01/08/10 06:50 AM
I hope they edit the portraits to reflect the move changes in the off-season.

Granderson still has the Tigers uni -_-

# 24 LastActionHero @ 01/08/10 07:19 AM
Can someone please post it on youtube or something so that I can watch it the ****ty ps3 browser? Only option for me at the moment

# 25 CommunityCollege @ 01/08/10 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
graphics look better this year. Doesn't look like they've changed some pitching deliveries. That Minnesota pitcher's delivery doesn't look good. It'll still be a solid game.
I don't think Kevin Slowey will ruin this game for me.

# 26 nemesis04 @ 01/08/10 07:35 AM
Quote:
graphics look better this year. Doesn't look like they've changed some pitching deliveries. That Minnesota pitcher's delivery doesn't look good. It'll still be a solid game.
Just remember that a lot of that type stuff gets added later in the process.

# 27 LastActionHero @ 01/08/10 08:06 AM
Ah is this video anywhere else posted besides gametrailers? (desperation here)

# 28 K_GUN @ 01/08/10 08:41 AM
i agree with the '2k7 feel/look'

and yes...i think that is a good thing

# 29 bcruise @ 01/08/10 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vols bravesfan
Is it me or is the video quality horrible?
It's not a direct feed - they're taking video of a TV screen. Quality's going to suffer a bit because of it.

# 30 davis420 @ 01/08/10 08:54 AM
I can not wait for this game to come out! It looks GREAT!!

# 31 bp4baseball @ 01/08/10 08:54 AM
The graphics are fantastic. Its like I can't describe what's so much better, it just is

# 32 JaSnake16 @ 01/08/10 09:03 AM
Love the check swing variety in the sample, Granderson reaction after goingt too far was classic, Span straining to hold the check and body leaning towards third to hold were also pretty to see.

On the broken bat foul ball, nice to see the nonchalant glove up catch by the 3B instead of the ole stumbling backhand we are used to.

Didnt care for the series of events prior to Morneau's toss to first but Im also guessing that is was a user doing it not the CPU.

But the real little thing I liked the most, after catching the runner at first on the flip, the pitcher underhands back to Morneau to start the throw around. Thats real sweet.

# 33 Senor_Herbatron @ 01/08/10 09:27 AM
Video looks great but I have one question that I hope Russell can answer. Has anything been changed to Denard Span's batting stance? In last years game it was very frustrating to have a bat wobbling in front of the pitching meter.

Nice footage. I could not be more excited for this game.

# 34 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/08/10 09:35 AM
Quote:
I believe the game was being show in demo mode meaning it was CPU vs CPU

You can see it was clearly user controlled, cause it had the icons below the players. Those to not show up in CPU controlled play.

People have to remember, this build Russell has at CES, is probably months old. And no where the build they have now in San Diego being worked on.

All the little extras like stadium banners, animations, etc etc are still being added, and usually some of the last things to go in.

De Ja Vu since I am repeating the same thing this year, that people repeated last year... ironically to the same people too.

# 35 Senor_Herbatron @ 01/08/10 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
You can see it was clearly user controlled, cause it had the icons below the players. Those to not show up in CPU controlled play.

People have to remember, this build Russell has at CES, is probably months old. And no where the build they have now in San Diego being worked on.

All the little extras like stadium banners, animations, etc etc are still being added, and usually some of the last things to go in.

De Ja Vu since I am repeating the same thing this year, that people repeated last year... ironically to the same people too.

Unfortunately you'll probably have to preach the same thing next year, and the year after that, etc.....

# 36 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/08/10 09:41 AM
Quote:
I don't think animations are going to change much. We have been seeing the same ones for the last few years now.

So saying they added 400 new signature animations, I guess that isn't much. And reworked countless others already in. Plus over 1,000 new other animations.

# 37 Senor_Herbatron @ 01/08/10 09:44 AM
The game could be nothing more then a roster update and a few added tweaks and I'd still purchase this game.

They completely reworked animations as engima mentioned, they now have RTP and they have tons of other new features. Some people are just to picky.

# 38 Senor_Herbatron @ 01/08/10 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
Those graphics look amazing! It looks like a TV broadcast.
I don't really follow baseball but I wouldn't mind giving this game a try. Unfortunately though, this game isn't sold in Australia so I won't have that opportunity.
Find a way.

# 39 AlbertPujolsFreak5 @ 01/08/10 09:56 AM
did anybody else see in the description on gametrailers where it said: "Pitching, batting and, just maybe, a corked bat." I wonder if there really are corked bats? also, anybody else notice Jeter's follow through? LOOKED AMAZING!

# 40 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/08/10 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
Those graphics look amazing! It looks like a TV broadcast.
I don't really follow baseball but I wouldn't mind giving this game a try. Unfortunately though, this game isn't sold in Australia so I won't have that opportunity.
Being that the PS3 is region free... I am sure one of the fine chaps here at OS can work something out with you to get you a copy mailed there when it hits.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.