Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
*raises hand*

Ooooh ooooo, what does that guy win?
Easy there Horshack!

# 62 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/08/10 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Easy there Horshack!

ROFL ... that is exactly who I was thinking of when I said it. Man we are getting old.

I loved that show!

# 63 HustlinOwl @ 01/08/10 12:01 PM
broadcast cam and autofielding Im in heaven

# 64 silver540i @ 01/08/10 12:09 PM
Hmm, of course it looks great and does a great job of re-creating the game. Love what Im seeing.

Hoping there are still more camera choices other than what was shown. That cam seemed to be the demo broadcast cam, which would be almost impossible to actually field from since you would never be too sure which way to lunge the controller.

Also was sitting through the entire video hoping someone would make contact, but I'm sure more vids will be coming soon.

# 65 silver540i @ 01/08/10 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
I agree with ya there Mr. Blzer

If it were an option I would use a center-fixed broadcast cam

Me too. I would love a higher up, fixed cam which shows ball flight and more of the stadium.

# 66 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/08/10 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver540i
Hmm, of course it looks great and does a great job of re-creating the game. Love what Im seeing.

Hoping there are still more camera choices other than what was shown. That cam seemed to be the demo broadcast cam, which would be almost impossible to actually field from since you would never be too sure which way to lunge the controller.

Also was sitting through the entire video hoping someone would make contact, but I'm sure more vids will be coming soon.

The part where it was hit to first was all user controlled.

I don't see how this would be hard to field with. Looks like they have a good balance for it to be fielded while retaining the broadcast like zoom effect.

# 67 Senor_Herbatron @ 01/08/10 12:15 PM
Most of these threads are to long for me to keep up. Who's "that guy"? I want to make him a friend on OS

# 68 Trues @ 01/08/10 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver540i
Me too. I would love a higher up, fixed cam which shows ball flight and more of the stadium.
Same here. The camera in that video does look pretty good though. I can't wait to see how it tracks fly balls.

# 69 swaldo @ 01/08/10 01:23 PM
Did anyone else notice the tweaked pitch meter? Looking at his command, the Twins pitcher was working with an excellent fastball, good slider, average sweeping curve and weak changeup. When he threw the change at medium power the speed in the meter was about the same as his fastball thrown at full power.

So in other words, weak pitches are going to be tougher to throw, and hopefully if you hit the release perfect the ball will go where you want it to - rather than last year where location was more attribute dependent.

Or it could be these tweaks weren't in this build - it's hard to tell exactly watching a video of a video. To me though it looked like there was a difference, and it's not drastic which is a good thing.

Loved the check swings, it's going to make a big difference. Looking good SCEA!

# 70 Eman5805 @ 01/08/10 02:25 PM
Looks like I'm not the only person that had to look twice when Granderson stepped into the box. I could've sworn the feed suddenly switched to a real life video clip. It must be the sweeter looking accessories that sold it, cuz those definetly didn't look like last year's armbands and such.

# 71 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/08/10 03:04 PM
You still have to maintain a healthy balance of realism and fun. And while some would like a game to last 2.5-4 hours, it is not practical in an every-time sense.

Just my take.

# 72 JermaineDye05 @ 01/08/10 03:12 PM
Wow, those check swings were fantastic. I know it's a small detail but huge upgrade over the previous games.

I would kill for a clip with the White Sox. I'm itching to see Gordon Beckham and Jake Peavy.

# 73 SoxFan01605 @ 01/08/10 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
I know I may be nitpicking here, but does anyone else think that the batters need to "slow down" in the box a little. If you watch a real game the batter won't be ready in his stance until the pitcher starts his delivery. In The Show, the batter starts getting ready as soon as the ball hits the catcher's glove.

Basically, I am saying that the batter needs to act a little more nonchalant in the box and take a deep breath or something and step out after each pitch. I'm watching Angels vs Red Sox on MLB Network and that is what I am seeing.
I dunno...I think the signature stuff plays a role in this. Like in real life, some are more nonchalant than others. I never saw this as an issue personally...I've played with people who find the routines too nonchalant...go figure.

# 74 rdmcfall @ 01/08/10 03:20 PM
=0 that broken bat....

It's gonna take some getting used to seeing the Twins at home with the blue sky...

# 75 Garrett67 @ 01/08/10 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kursekain
Yikes!!! The lighting is MUCH improved !!! That clip of Granderson stepping into the batter's box looked almost TOO real. Real broadcast feel with the new cam!! And finally a proper CitiField. Now I know it's an early build but a few nitpicks...the tarp still seems to be missing,and the banners on the outfield wall didn't seem to make it in(tho they were added late in the season) But who cares...This game along with Uncharted 2 SHOWCASE THE BEST VISUALS ON THE PS3 by far! And its not even finished yet!
His expression coming out of the box was even more realistic. He had what I would call his signature gum grinding expression after the strikeout.

# 76 Spaced Ace @ 01/08/10 03:38 PM
At about to 25 second mark, it's cool to see the 1st base umpire get lower to the ground as if to get a better look a the play at 1st. Don't remember seeing that in previous versions of The Show. Very nice touch.

# 77 Spaced Ace @ 01/08/10 03:39 PM
I meant to say THE 25 second mark..... my fault.

# 78 Shakedowncapo @ 01/08/10 04:43 PM
Like Ryan Howard holding his bat out until the pitcher comes set..Then he goes into his stance.

That what you mean?

# 79 Shakedowncapo @ 01/08/10 04:50 PM
Yea that would be awesome...I mean, im pretty sure they could have it user controlled as they already allow you warm up swing before the pitch is selected.

# 80 diamondw23 @ 01/08/10 04:53 PM
What amazes me about The Show, is how the programmers read my mind?
I am MORE than happy with "09", but during my franchise remembering saying... "I wish the ball would rattle in the corners once in a while? "Too bad the splash counter didn't actually work?"

if there was something I liked about the 2K series, it was the camera view. This broadcast camera looks awsome! I'm looking to see the ball in flight and splitting OF's...

-GW-

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.