Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

Patch #2 for NBA 2K10 is now available for the PS3. The 360 and PC patches, will be released at a later date.

Details for the patch, can be found here.

Please post your impressions here.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Serra11 @ 01/12/10 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
It sounds like Microsoft is still in the process of certifying it. Once they do it will go live, I'm pretty sure it is out of 2K's hands.
Thanks for the answer rspencer but I would like that an 2k10 dev gives to us xbox360 users some clarifications.
And they know the truth for sure.

# 102 rynecandy @ 01/12/10 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryT531
is there any way to avoid downloading this patch when it comes out for 360 without unplugging my wireless adapter? or can you just not play the game at all if connected online w out downloading the patch? please respond. thank you.
If you want to play the game w/o DL the patch, you will just be logged off LIVE....that's all.

# 103 rspencer86 @ 01/12/10 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
Thanks for the answer rspencer but I would like that an 2k10 dev gives to us xbox360 users some clarifications.
I understand, I just doubt Sim will give you any different info than what Ronnie has stated.

# 104 jeebs9 @ 01/12/10 02:22 PM
^^Exactly.....^^

# 105 Serra11 @ 01/12/10 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
^^Exactly.....^^
Ok.So for Micro$oft Christmas holiday are not over...

# 106 jeebs9 @ 01/12/10 02:52 PM
LOL....Exactly...LOL

But I figure from how MS has done with past patches. It will be coming out very soon. Don't worry man.

# 107 Rocboyz101 @ 01/12/10 03:04 PM
Something seriously wrong with the cpus 3pt ai..Dwade passed out of a shot to Joel Anthony(i've never even seen him at the 3pt line..), and he sank the 3..this was not a problem at all pre-patch.

# 108 jeebs9 @ 01/12/10 03:12 PM
Wow.....Joel Anthony....Wow.....

Crazy...You should delete everything and start over...

# 109 coolcras7 @ 01/12/10 04:01 PM
If you like playing defense you will love this game with the second patch.

# 110 BroMontana82 @ 01/12/10 04:07 PM
can someone elaborate more on this 3pt tendency thing? also, anyone with the patch using custom rosters with edited tendencies such as nogster's roster, do you get this problem as well? i definitely won't DL is this is an issue that can't be fixed.

# 111 DirtyJerz32 @ 01/12/10 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
can someone elaborate more on this 3pt tendency thing? also, anyone with the patch using custom rosters with edited tendencies such as nogster's roster, do you get this problem as well? i definitely won't DL is this is an issue that can't be fixed.
I was going to ask the same thing. How many of you guys that are seeing these issues are using custom rosters, sliders, tendencies and such?

It may be a custom issue with the patch and we may have to use the 2k10 insider default rosters, sliders etc...

# 112 jeebs9 @ 01/12/10 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
are the changes noticeable when playing online?
HELL YEA!!

If you were blowing teams out before....You'll be sending teams/users to their grave. I played about 4 games online....Blowouts....30+ points. I went over to a friends house after. And blow him out in 4 straight games...Playing with what someone online users call "wack" teams...lol Nets, Bucks, Wolves and Sixers.

# 113 jeebs9 @ 01/12/10 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
I was going to ask the same thing. How many of you guys that are seeing these issues are using custom rosters, sliders, tendencies and such?

It may be a custom issue with the patch and we may have to use the 2k10 insider default rosters, sliders etc...

I think thats the problem right there....

edit: You guys might have to start over on the silders and rosters.

# 114 Comduklakis @ 01/12/10 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12

Well i just decided to do a quick look at games played by the CPU in my association. The reason I did this is that I played an association games yesterday and was struck by Sean Williams of the Nets taking a 3 with the shot clock NOT running down. I tossed it aside at the time. Then I saw some people talking about an issue. So I decided to check out the boxscores of games played post patch. Here's the Nuggets and Nets: Brook Lopez 1-1, Kenyon Martin 1-2, Nene 0-2, Ed Davis 0-1. Next game Rockets/Kings: Yao 0-2, David Andersen 1-1, Carl landry 1-1, Greg Monroe 1-1. Next game Spurs/Suns Blair 1-1, J. O'neal 0-2, Shaq 0-2, Amar'e 0-1. Next game Blazers/Wizards JaVale McGee 0-1, Dante Cunningham 1-1, Renaldo Sidney 1-1, Glenn "Baby" Davis 0-1, Pendergraph 0-1, Oden 0-1. Next game Warriors/Heat Randolph 0-2, Turiaf 0-1, Haslem 0-1, Alabi 0-1. Knicks/Bucks David Lee 2-6, Boozer 0-2, Larry Sanders (VCU) 0-1, Bogut 2-2, Favors 0-1. Mavs/Cavs. Varejao 0-2, Hickson 0-1,

So in one day's games we can see a huge issue here. I think this is enough of a representative sample to say that 2k messed up big time here. One random three from a big man who can't shoot it might be the end of the shot clock or quarter, but in every single game there was at least one big man shooting threes. It seem's obvious that the tendences are messed up.

Houston we have a problem. And I don't just mean the Rockets. Are we talking patch #3 now or atleast attach it to a roster update (which screws the people who use rosters like Nogsters's but atleast it might fix this 3 point fiasco.)

Edited to add that I use just the 2k rosters and don't download sliders, I just change my own sliders slightly.

# 115 jeebs9 @ 01/12/10 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
please elaborate bro

what changes in online gameplay do you notice. ex: PIP shot decrease, Fatigue effects, better help defense by cpu , effectiveness of the baseline layups
One thing is...passing....Those stupid cheap long passes. Are gone (if they are not done with the right players). Passing out of contact animation with players who have no business passing out of them will be a automatic turnover. I saw Jason Terry break free down court. And the guy rebounded the ball with E. Dampier. And tried to throw those long deep passes. And even though Terry was wide open. It went right over his head. Baseline drives.... I remember blocking at least 4 drives. I felt that they were more blocks overall.

# 116 GaryT531 @ 01/12/10 04:34 PM
there is no way that I am starting over with my sliders, and coaching profiles just see 2 or 3 new contact animations. It took me over a month to tune my sliders. I wish 2k just chalked this one up, and moved on to 2k11. no need for a patch that fixes however many things, but breaks things that were never a problem before. Then again, you're reading a comment from a guy who never plays online, and only uses 2k share to download rosters.

So if I want to avoid this patch for 360, then that means that I will have to give up using 2k share, correct? That isn't fair, and that would suck, and I would probably be done with this game because of it.

Then again....I am going to wait for feedback from 360 users before I make any concrete decisions because there might not be the same issues that ps3 users are experiencing. Then again, there could be a different list of problems entirely for the 360...who knows. all speculation so far..

# 117 Serra11 @ 01/12/10 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
Well i just decided to do a quick look at games played by the CPU in my association. The reason I did this is that I played an association games yesterday and was struck by Sean Williams of the Nets taking a 3 with the shot clock NOT running down. I tossed it aside at the time. Then I saw some people talking about an issue. So I decided to check out the boxscores of games played post patch. Here's the Nuggets and Nets: Brook Lopez 1-1, Kenyon Martin 1-2, Nene 0-2, Ed Davis 0-1. Next game Rockets/Kings: Yao 0-2, David Andersen 1-1, Carl landry 1-1, Greg Monroe 1-1. Next game Spurs/Suns Blair 1-1, J. O'neal 0-2, Shaq 0-2, Amar'e 0-1. Next game Blazers/Wizards JaVale McGee 0-1, Dante Cunningham 1-1, Renaldo Sidney 1-1, Glenn "Baby" Davis 0-1, Pendergraph 0-1, Oden 0-1. Next game Warriors/Heat Randolph 0-2, Turiaf 0-1, Haslem 0-1, Alabi 0-1. Knicks/Bucks David Lee 2-6, Boozer 0-2, Larry Sanders (VCU) 0-1, Bogut 2-2, Favors 0-1. Mavs/Cavs. Varejao 0-2, Hickson 0-1,

So in one day's games we can see a huge issue here. I think this is enough of a representative sample to say that 2k messed up big time here. One random three from a big man who can't shoot it might be the end of the shot clock or quarter, but in every single game there was at least one big man shooting threes. It seem's obvious that the tendences are messed up.

Houston we have a problem. And I don't just mean the Rockets. Are we talking patch #3 now or atleast attach it to a roster update (which screws the people who use rosters like Nogsters's but atleast it might fix this 3 point fiasco.)

Edited to add that I use just the 2k rosters and don't download sliders, I just change my own sliders slightly.
But you didn't use a customed roster for your association...
The devs suggested to delete my player and associations in progress for this patch.
Maybe for this reason:
(Simballer)
For those people commenting on unlikely shooters taking 3PT shots...

Before this patch, there was a bug where people with minimum 3PT rating (25-30) had the chance to have their rating wrap around to 99 if they had a good combination of bad team chemistry and/or player morale. This was alluded to in the following note in the patch list:

- Addressed a rare issue where players would have some of their attributes jump to 99 when they had low morale and/or were on a team with poor team chemistry.

This release no longer allows this to happen. That being said, it's possible that your previously saved Associations have players that have already wrapped around. If you notice a few guys like this, you can always go and manually edit them to your desired rating.

# 118 rockchisler @ 01/12/10 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
When a patch gets submitted to Sony or Microsoft it is out of developers hands,anybody that knows or plays videogames knows that, it is not a secret. Dont keep asking the question.

# 119 jeebs9 @ 01/12/10 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryT531
there is no way that I am starting over with my sliders, and coaching profiles just see 2 or 3 new contact animations. It took me over a month to tune my sliders. I wish 2k just chalked this one up, and moved on to 2k11. no need for a patch that fixes however many things, but breaks things that were never a problem before. Then again, you're reading a comment from a guy who never plays online, and only uses 2k share to download rosters.

So if I want to avoid this patch for 360, then that means that I will have to give up using 2k share, correct? That isn't fair, and that would suck, and I would probably be done with this game because of it.

Then again....I am going to wait for feedback from 360 users before I make any concrete decisions because there might not be the same issues that ps3 users are experiencing. Then again, there could be a different list of problems entirely for the 360...who knows. all speculation so far..
No...You'll get kicked out XBL if you don't have the patch.

# 120 Serra11 @ 01/12/10 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
When a patch gets submitted to Sony or Microsoft it is out of developers hands,anybody that knows or plays videogames knows that, it is not a secret. Dont keep asking the question.
Two good guys have already answered my question kindly.
Did you give me a release date for the patch???No.
Anyway,thanks for your useless reply.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.