Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

Patch #2 for NBA 2K10 is now available for the PS3. The 360 and PC patches, will be released at a later date.

Details for the patch, can be found here.

Please post your impressions here.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 rspencer86 @ 01/12/10 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
wow...those were based off of my project (based on nogster's ratings and tendencies!). this is extremely disappointing...really though, thanks for the update and information that is huge. i am definitely NOT downloading this patch for 360 until there's some sort of fix.
Yeah, it appears that the issue is not with rosters or tendencies, but something with team chemistry. SimBaller mentioned that the patch was supposed to fix an issue where ratings could wrap around to 99 if a player's morale got low enough, but it looks like that issue might be alive and well and may be causing the 3-pt sim stats issue.

Whatever it is, turning off Team Chemistry does fix it completely. Some might be able to deal with that (I would fall under that category), but the point is this should have been fixed in the patch, not made worse.

# 142 kwabalicious @ 01/12/10 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocboyz101
Something seriously wrong with the cpus 3pt ai..Dwade passed out of a shot to Joel Anthony(i've never even seen him at the 3pt line..), and he sank the 3..this was not a problem at all pre-patch.
actually, i made an off balance, contested 3 point shot with Josh Boone somehow because I thought he was somebody else. It was drained, and swished, and this happened pre-patch.

# 143 BroMontana82 @ 01/12/10 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
Yeah, it appears that the issue is not with rosters or tendencies, but something with team chemistry. SimBaller mentioned that the patch was supposed to fix an issue where ratings could wrap around to 99 if a player's morale got low enough, but it looks like that issue might be alive and well and may be causing the 3-pt sim stats issue.

Whatever it is, turning off Team Chemistry does fix it completely. Some might be able to deal with that (I would fall under that category), but the point is this should have been fixed in the patch, not made worse.
good call. the patch seems to have some good fixes i want so i guess we will be faced with a difficult trade-off...team chemistry off or this unfortunate glitch. man, when i said i'm not getting this patch i completely forgot about not being able to sign free agents. this is a complete drag...

# 144 GaryT531 @ 01/12/10 10:11 PM
i could live with simmed stats being messed up bc i am probably the only one here who doesn't play association mode. however if guys like shaq, boone, and joel anthony are actually seen jacking up 3's in games, which thankfully no one has reported thus far, then that is far worse imo.

# 145 edaddy @ 01/12/10 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86

Can someone check to see if this is happening in Season Mode as there is no team chemistry in Season Mode...

# 146 rspencer86 @ 01/12/10 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Can someone check to see if this is happening in Season Mode as there is no team chemistry in Season Mode...
Looks like Season mode is OK... no 3-pt stats for big men seem out of line.

# 147 GaryT531 @ 01/12/10 11:02 PM
spence have you felt the need to adjust any of your sliders post patch 2?

# 148 rspencer86 @ 01/12/10 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryT531
spence have you felt the need to adjust any of your sliders post patch 2?
Not really. I'm using Playmakers' outstanding pro sliders with just a couple minor tweaks. The game plays beautifully, spot-on stats and a lot of variety. I've had close games, been blown out and have blown out teams. It's awesome.

# 149 J-Clutch1 @ 01/12/10 11:21 PM
What are the cons of Team Chemistry off?

# 150 rspencer86 @ 01/12/10 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
Does anyone with a PS3 play online!!!!! everyone is to concerned about single player mode franchise and my player. WHere are my league ballers ?
Well online has been such a disaster since release that I kind of gave up on it. I might give it another shot to see if the patch improved things.

# 151 plastekt @ 01/12/10 11:49 PM
Played my first game in association, changed it to default sliders and lowered the difficulty to superstar from hall of fame (with 10 minute quarters). Shot 67% and the CPU shot 56%. Ended up winning 128-112. I think it has more to do with me being used to playing with the sliders but driving seemed way too easy.

I also had the three point problem
Etan Thomas and Nick Collison both attempted three 3-pters against me. Of course they were also the only players who missed threes for the computer.

Definitely going to have to re-slide this one up. I scored season highs with two different players.

# 152 plastekt @ 01/13/10 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastekt
I also had the three point problem
Etan Thomas and Nick Collison both attempted three 3-pters against me.
Going through the first two day's (since getting the patch) box scores for threes:

Day two:

Pau Gasol 0-5
Jeff Foster 0-2
Ilgauskus 0-1
Varejao 0-2
Shaq 0-3
Leon Powe 0-1
JJ Hickson 0-1
Ryan Hollins 0-1
Ryan Gomes 0-1
Kevin Love 1-1
Al Jefferson 0-2
Luol Deng 0-2
Chris Bosh 1-3
Rasho Nesterovic
Jermaine O' Neal 1-5
Andrew Bogut 0-2
Mbah a Moute 0-3
Kenny Thomas 1-1
Hakim Warrick 0-1
Lemarcus Aldridge 0-1
Andre Miller 1-4 (seems like too many for him)
Carlos Boozer 2-2
Paul Millsap 0-2

Day one:
Pau Gasol 1-6
DJ Mbenga 0-1
Amare Stoudamire 0-2
Raul Lopez 0-1
Nazr Mohammed 0-1
Spencer Hawes 1-1
Jason Thompson 0-1
Sean May 0-1
Melvin Ely 0-1
Ronny Turiaf 0-1
David Lee 0-1
Anthony Randolph 0-4
Jordan Hill 0-1
Al Jefferson 1-4
Drew Gooden 0-1
Kris Humphries 0-1
Hakim Warrick 0-1
Francisco Elson 0-1
Andrew Bogut 0-3
Mbah a Moute 1-5

Yep

Serious problem.

# 153 Comduklakis @ 01/13/10 01:10 AM
Well I turned off team chemistry and checked out the sim games again. Still a 3 problem. Big men still jacking them up. 2k better fix this, seriously. I don't care if it's a roster update or what but this is unacceptable and I'm not one to bash 2k in general. I'll suggest tweaks and what can be improved, but in general when you think about what basketball games used to be like (I started out on the old intellivsion basketball) and what it is today you can't complain much. That said, again the big men shooting three thing is unacceptable, particularly when it didn't exist and now it does. I can't imagine how this could have happened.

# 154 Brock @ 01/13/10 02:43 AM
Has anybody been able to connect to online pickup games, since patch? I haven't for some odd reason.

# 155 Kully @ 01/13/10 06:31 AM
Do the big men jack up threes while playing?

I wonder what is causing this. It would kinda suck seeing big men with lots of 3pt attempts.

# 156 Brock @ 01/13/10 07:37 AM
Yea they do shoot threes. Oden shot two of them and made 1, thats when I quit the game. This patch has messed up my association so I am probably going to stop playing association till they fix it

# 157 BroMontana82 @ 01/13/10 08:30 AM
so there are still 3 pt problems both with sim stats and while playing even with team chemistry off? some people are saying yes and some saying no. can anyone else weigh in? state, good call about what happens with it off...that's a huge letdown. i was going to just play without it on but i mean, the nets in the finals? come on...

# 158 kenzil @ 01/13/10 08:46 AM
Can someone instruct me on how to "delete" the patch? I read this thread after I DL'ed the patch. I didnt even realize it [3pt shooting] after I played 2 games last night. I had a rookie PF take 2 3's in a game (I didn't think much of it because he has a jump shot) and then Spencer Hawes take and hit a 3 in my next game (still didnt think about it too much). Then I read this thread and checked simmed stats. First box score I check was Magic vs Pistons. Dwight Howard went 0-5 from 3pt! I am way too deep in my association to start over or turn off chemistry or player morale.

I really put a lot of work in with draft classes/signings/etc. I cannot start over. Anyone know how to delete this patch? I know people have mentioned deleting Cache? HOw do you do that and will it erase both patches? Please help!

# 159 rspencer86 @ 01/13/10 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzil
I really put a lot of work in with draft classes/signings/etc. I cannot start over. Anyone know how to delete this patch? I know people have mentioned deleting Cache? HOw do you do that and will it erase both patches? Please help!
Deleting the cache wille erase both patches. I really don't think there is a way to revert back to the previous patch once you update to the most recent one.

I see that some people are reporting that sim stats are still off even when turning off team chemistry. For those people, did you do this to an existing Association or start a new one?

I found that if you turn off Team Chemistry and start a new association, there are no problems with big men taking too many threes in sim stats. Actually, now that I think about it I turned off Player Roles in my tests as well (I did it automatically because I always turn off that feature). Maybe that has something to do with it? I guess I broke the golden rules of the scientific method by altering two variables at a time.

I might post some screen shots or do a video tonight to show you 360 guys who can't test this yourselves yet what I'm seeing.

# 160 Goffs @ 01/13/10 09:24 AM
so is this three point problem an Association thing? hmm doesnt really bother me much but sucks for the association guys....

mine is more of gameplay concern...does the turbo work? i found that it was broken from the last patch...i would press turbo and the guy wouldn't go to turbo animation mode instead he would just dribble the ball up normally...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.