Home
NBA JAM News Post

BOOOOOOM-SHAKA-LAKA! EA ANNOUNCES NBA JAM

New Take on Classic Game to Appear on the Wii in 2010

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – Jan 11, 2010 – Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq: ERTS) announced today that EA SPORTS™ is developing one of the most popular and culturally influential arcade basketball games ever made -- NBA JAM -- for the Nintendo Wii™. EA SPORTS NBA JAM™ revives the classic franchise with vintage NBA JAM gameplay, and all-new features that deliver a fresh new take on the game. Featuring the sights and sounds that fans of the franchise will instantly recognize, EA SPORTS NBA JAM mixes the old school with the new, to deliver a one-of-a-kind sports presentation on the Wii.

“NBA JAM is one of the most recognizable franchises in videogame history,” said Peter Moore, President, EA SPORTS. “Diehard fans of the original game have been asking for a remake for more than a decade. We’re very excited to give them their wish this year with the return of this iconic franchise.”

Featuring gameplay that is true to the original, NBA JAM will have players spinning with ankle breaking moves to the basket and on the way to high-flying, backboard-smashing dunks. In addition to the classic experience, EA SPORTS NBA JAM will also introduce new game modes, characters and gameplay depth.

NBA JAM brought an all-new visual style to the sports videogame genre when it debuted in 1993. Now, the new EA SPORTS NBA JAM re-defines the visuals for a sports game yet again by bringing true-to-life body types, updated physics and visible player emotion to the over- the - top experience.

EA SPORTS NBA JAM is currently in development at EA Canada in Vancouver, BC and will be available for the Nintendo Wii videogame system in 2010. The game has not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI.

For more information, visit http://nba-jam.easports.com/home.action.

They have also posted the EA Sports Week 1 NBA JAM Player Picks. Who would you like to see on your squad?

EA Sports NBA JAM screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: EA Sports NBA JAMReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPad / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 16 - View All
EA Sports NBA JAM Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Complex @ 01/11/10 05:15 PM
This may sound silly, but wasn't that was NBA Street was created for?

# 2 jyoung @ 01/11/10 06:44 PM
Bring this to a system sports gamers actually care about (Xbox 360/PS3) and it will sell.

On the Wii, I'm not so sure; most of the kids playing Wii these days weren't even alive when NBA Jam came out.

# 3 GlennN @ 01/12/10 01:33 PM
Yawn.

# 4 BrianFifaFan @ 01/12/10 02:05 PM
I'm gonna have to get this. Not a lot of sports games that I'd buy on the Wii.

# 5 rspencer86 @ 01/12/10 02:23 PM
I can almost guarantee this will be horrible.

You want to play NBA Jam? Buy a Genesis or SNES off of eBay and get NBA Jam with it. It's still just as fun to play now as it was back then. Me and my friends used to have NBA Jam tournaments all the time in college, I still have the brackets and stats I kept for each one, lol.

# 6 Shakedowncapo @ 01/12/10 04:01 PM

# 7 LingeringRegime @ 01/12/10 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86

You want to play NBA Jam? Buy a Genesis or SNES off of eBay and get NBA Jam with it. It's still just as fun to play now as it was back then. Me and my friends used to have NBA Jam tournaments all the time in college, I still have the brackets and stats I kept for each one, lol.
I used to play this in College too, and all this time I thought you were still in school.

# 8 rspencer86 @ 01/12/10 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
I used to play this in College too, and all this time I thought you were still in school.
lol, I graduated last May so it wasn't too long ago. Sometimes it seems like it though!

# 9 jyoung @ 01/12/10 08:02 PM
Better yet, if you have a PS3, pickup a copy of NBA Jam TE on the Playstation for under a buck.

The PS1 version was the closest any of the home ports ever got to being arcade-perfect.

# 10 clivo1050 @ 01/12/10 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86

Better yet, find a genesis or snes emulator and one of the nba jam roms to play it on your computer. You could even connect a 360 controller if you'd like.

# 11 Pratt75 @ 01/12/10 09:00 PM
On the wii, c'mon man!!

# 12 brendanrfoley @ 01/18/10 09:42 AM
Has anyone seen this? Kotaku posted this screen this weekend. This is a day one purchase:

# 13 Pratt75 @ 01/18/10 11:48 AM
ha, ha. The screenshot looks good.

# 14 AUChase @ 01/18/10 04:02 PM
Another game to increase the chances of me purchasing a wii..

I've been thinking about getting one with part of my income tax

# 15 Fiddy @ 01/18/10 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by granddogg
^^^^ this is OS the hardcore site nobody care because they think only kids have a wii.
actually people do care about this game. so you are 110% wrong with that statement!!

# 16 jyoung @ 01/18/10 04:40 PM
Yeah that screenshot looks really good.

Great art style to use and the crowd/arena is really well done.

# 17 brendanrfoley @ 01/18/10 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase89
Another game to increase the chances of me purchasing a Wii. I've been thinking about getting one with part of my income tax.
I have a 360 and use it for my primary gaming. That said, my wife and I recently bought a Wii and do not regret it. New Super Mario Bros. is fantastic and NBA Jam has me excited. I also have MLB Power Pros (terrific) and have Super Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart in my backlog.

The Wii has enough good, very god and great games at this point to justify a purchase. Just make sure to get the component cables if you have a HDTV.

# 18 Moses Shuttlesworth @ 01/26/10 09:31 AM
LOL I want this so badly. Too bad I don't own a Wii.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.