Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

IGN has posted some Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshots.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Blzer @ 01/14/10 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
They do have massive legs and hands though. Just the eyesore that always stuck out with me.
Yeah, I'm not completely feeling the legs yet, but that was part of why it reminded me of 2K7, because they kind of had that "baggy" look with the pants that would flap in the wind. But I don't think this game will have that jersey movement that 2K7 had, so maybe that will be a bad thing.

I may have to see more small guys and watch gameplay footage to see how I truly feel, but it's a breath of fresh air to see proper looking shoulders and long arms, etc. Hopefully next year both games will have great looking player models.

In general though, this is where 2K8 should have been.

# 62 Knight165 @ 01/14/10 08:35 PM
Quote:
They do have massive legs and hands though. Just the eyesore that always stuck out with me.
Yes...the hands in that Longoria pic looked freakish!
But I gotta be honest....graphics are one of the last things in a game I find important...so TO ME...who cares?

M.K.
Knight165

# 63 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/14/10 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Yes...the hands in that Longoria pic looked freakish!
But I gotta be honest....graphics are one of the last things in a game I find important...so TO ME...who cares?

M.K.
Knight165

For sure. I am more interested as in how it plays, but was just commenting on what I perceived visually.

# 64 Blzer @ 01/14/10 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
lol, i wouldnt ever notice things like slightly large thighs? hmmm.. I dont even know what to say to that really. Doesnt really look weird to me. I would imagine alot of the players have larger thighs though thats how they help generate their power.
I would understand if that was Jason Kubel, but his is Justin Morneau. He ain't quite that large.

Again, I only hope this is due to them bringing back the animated cloth, which I hope for 2K11 they slim down the jerseys to fit more tightly on the jerseys. The NBA 2K series had this issue for three years going into next-gen.

# 65 Jamin23 @ 01/14/10 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I would understand if that was Jason Kubel, but his is Justin Morneau. He ain't quite that large.

You're right about the thighs. Hopefully they can tweak them a little before release.

# 66 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/14/10 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
lol, i wouldnt ever notice things like slightly large thighs? hmmm.. I dont even know what to say to that really. Doesnt really look weird to me. I would imagine alot of the players have larger thighs though thats how they help generate their power.

Not mostly the thighs, it is the monster calves, er cankles!

# 67 Blzer @ 01/14/10 08:58 PM
I know this isn't visual-based, but if they can finally match the sound effects (bat and glove sounds, fan cheers) with the game's visuals, this year may actually be good for 360 owners.

That's one thing that I couldn't ever own up to... those bat sounds are literally almost a gamekiller for me. This game would be twice as appealing just by fixing the bat sounds.

# 68 Jamin23 @ 01/14/10 09:01 PM
Quote:
I know this isn't visual-based, but if they can finally match the sound effects (bat and glove sounds, fan cheers) with the game's visuals, this year may actually be good for 360 owners.

That's one thing that I couldn't ever own up to... those bat sounds are literally almost a gamekiller for me. This game would be twice as appealing just by fixing the bat sounds.
In one of the articles about the sounds I think I remember it saying something about how they made new bat sounds.

# 69 Blzer @ 01/14/10 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
In one of the articles about the sounds I think I remember it saying something about how they made new bat sounds.
I'll read over them again. Seriously, they've been messed up since the beginning of time, but they made them even worse in 2K5 and never got much better.

# 70 Jamin23 @ 01/14/10 09:10 PM
Quote:
I'll read over them again. Seriously, they've been messed up since the beginning of time, but they made them even worse in 2K5 and never got much better.
I thought I read something about the bat sounds, but I cant' find it.

# 71 SoxFan01605 @ 01/14/10 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
I thought I read something about the bat sounds, but I cant' find it.
I don't recall reading anything about that specifically. There was something written about it last year, I know. And though they did change them up some for 2K9 (with slight improvement in certain scenarios) overall they still had that bamboo kind of sound to them.

# 72 Jamin23 @ 01/14/10 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I don't recall reading anything about that specifically. There was something written about it last year, I know. And though they did change them up some for 2K9 (with slight improvement in certain scenarios) overall they still had that bamboo kind of sound to them.
Yeah, the sound was pretty annoying. I guess well have to wait and see then.

# 73 Blzer @ 01/14/10 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Ugh, it's just bad! It almost makes me not want to hit a home run.

The ridiculous camera angle and ball trail were no godsends, either. I don't know if any 2K guys even invisibly frequent these forums, but I seriously hope our prayers are looked into.

# 74 Pared @ 01/14/10 10:25 PM
I can't believe anyone would say there is a noticeable difference in the images between 2k9 and 2k10.

I'm sure they could post marketing shots from 2k9, slap "2k10" on them and people would respond on the visible changes.

C'mon fellas... hopefully the focus was on the disastrous game released last year because obviously the graphics were barely touched judging from those images.

# 75 Artman22 @ 01/14/10 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
The biggest problem for me was the animation the graphics and the player models were good to me and being able to edit all the colors on all the equipment was really cool and goes a long why to make make every player more individual.
I can live with these graphics if the gameplay is good. 2k9 didn't look bad graphically. It was the animations and gameplay that was the biggest problem.

# 76 thornie @ 01/14/10 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I can't believe anyone would say there is a noticeable difference in the images between 2k9 and 2k10.

I'm sure they could post marketing shots from 2k9, slap "2k10" on them and people would respond on the visible changes.

C'mon fellas... hopefully the focus was on the disastrous game released last year because obviously the graphics were barely touched judging from those images.
Having played over 300 games of 2k9 in the year or so, I agree with this statement 1000%.

I saw the pictures, and immediately scratched my head. I thought I was just seeing more 2k9 shots. I just don't see any difference, especially compared to last years promo shots. In fact, I prefer those 2k9 promo shots over the 2k10 ones. The 2k10 player models have reverted to those weird chunky legs that were in 2k7.

EDIT: I just saw the Reyes pic maximized, and I noticed they haven't fixed that weird block font on the players names on the back of their jerseys. Last year every team had the same NOB jersey font, and IMO it contributed to the overall drab look of the game.

# 77 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/15/10 08:11 AM
I am just holding off judgment until the game has some gameplay videos and is in my hands.

2K has not been the most diplomatic with their official screenshots. They always have messed with the saturation and contrast, and miraculously the game sports 16x AA (jaggie free) which is incapable in the current consoles. So my judgment is reserved until sites take their own and post videos.

They look the same as last year overall, except somehow a video game with no jaggies is present. And the 2x AA consoles use wont hide the jaggies that well. Been a PC enthusiast for 15 years, I know how the tech works.

# 78 Blzer @ 01/15/10 11:55 AM
Quote:
I am just holding off judgment until the game has some gameplay videos and is in my hands.

2K has not been the most diplomatic with their official screenshots. They always have messed with the saturation and contrast, and miraculously the game sports 16x AA (jaggie free) which is incapable in the current consoles. So my judgment is reserved until sites take their own and post videos.

They look the same as last year overall, except somehow a video game with no jaggies is present. And the 2x AA consoles use wont hide the jaggies that well. Been a PC enthusiast for 15 years, I know how the tech works.
And there's so much more that can make or enhance a game's visuals, and honestly, last year they really crapped up in that department. I know I may sound like a broken record, but it's just the other things that we don't see in the screenshots: the animations, the HUD, visual aids, camera angles, etc. Let's say they stole these things from The Show; if they do, it helps make the graphics themselves look better. Just like how The Show's player models are better masked by enhanced jersey textures and lighting.

Now technically, the PS3 version could always improve this year just by looking like these graphics. Last year it was inferior, so if it could match up to this, then PS3 users will actually have a relatively better looking game.

# 79 DaveDQ @ 01/15/10 12:38 PM
Field textures look different than 2K9. Other than that, maybe the bloated helmet has been fixed. The still shots still have that cloudy dull feel though.

# 80 kennyacid @ 01/15/10 03:54 PM
I just want to see gameplay vids, still shots never did much for any game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.