Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

Check out the new Major League Baseball 2K10 video. It shows off a little gameplay.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Blzer @ 01/15/10 02:06 PM
Wait... is that Felix Hernandez?

Bat sounds are better I guess (still something weird about them), but that's all I could come up with. I still don't really like that orange tint thing they have going on either.

# 2 Sports fanantic @ 01/15/10 02:10 PM
still looks cartoony.

# 3 ginopants @ 01/15/10 02:15 PM
Good thing I have both systems.

# 4 brendanrfoley @ 01/15/10 02:19 PM
Yes, it looks cartoony - but the style is consistent. I can deal with that (I love Power Pros, after all).

The lighting looks much improved as does jersey physics. Animation is also smooth as silk. This is a much better first trailer than last year, and the last two Pitcher vs Hitter segments have made me laugh.

I'm happy. Sorry some of you aren't.

# 5 brendanrfoley @ 01/15/10 02:21 PM
Oh, and the gloves in Morales' back pocket animate independently and cast a proper shadow. The team definitely tightened up its visual style.

# 6 Artman22 @ 01/15/10 02:22 PM
The bats sound better, and I don't think much was really showed. I think some of you guys are over reacting a bit. I'll wait for some gameplay videos before I pass judgement.

# 7 jeffy777 @ 01/15/10 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
another disappointing year for 360 owners...still making excuses to hold onto that machine?
It seems that just about all your posts in this section are along these lines. If you aren't interested, then why keep posting in the 2K forum?

# 8 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/15/10 02:25 PM
Holding off judgment until I see videos from sites, and not marketing.

I remember the same bat sound debacle when they showed 2K8 videos. Sounded awesome in them, then the game still had the same sounds it still does from 4 years ago.

They used sounds in the marketing video that never made it to the game.

There is just nothing much to go on to judge in this video. None.

# 9 Artman22 @ 01/15/10 02:26 PM
Quote:
another disappointing year for 360 owners...still making excuses to hold onto that machine?
Dude I notice you do the same thing in the show forums. You tend to troll and express yourself in a manner that stirs quarrels.

# 10 jeffy777 @ 01/15/10 02:27 PM
Looks ok, but I'm more concerned about the gameplay rather than the graphics. Hoping to see some gameplay videos soon.

# 11 Flaxseed Oil @ 01/15/10 02:28 PM
The bat sounds good, but last year and the year before the trailer had awesome bat sounds...then the game was different.

Looks exactly the same to me. I want to see actual gameplay footage, not some marketing crap.

# 12 Artman22 @ 01/15/10 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Holding off judgment until I see videos from sites, and not marketing.

I remember the same bat sound debacle when they showed 2K8 videos. Sounded awesome in them, then the game still had the same sounds it still does from 4 years ago.

There is just nothing much to go on to judge in this video. None.
This is the first time I agree with you..

# 13 nemesis04 @ 01/15/10 02:31 PM
Need a little more please!

We need a good inning of gameplay. Even though the bat sound is better, they duped us last year with that, lol!

# 14 queensbomber @ 01/15/10 02:32 PM
doesnt look like actual gameplay footage, looks more like cutscenes in between.

# 15 brendanrfoley @ 01/15/10 02:35 PM
I just watched a few more times in an attempt to pick up any visual changes. My observations:

-Cloth physics are much improved. Uniforms move like real cloth now and are much softer than last year's accordion style creases and folds. It's a middle ground between 2K8 and 2K9.

-Dugouts still animate (obviously) but I can't tell if the animation routines have been redone.

-Morales' helmet looks glossier than last years... though the inflatable ear-flap still exists.

# 16 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/15/10 02:42 PM
Quote:
I'm just looking for a reason to be interested, but 2K hasn't shown anything.

Then I suggest you wait on the sidelines, and refrain from posting anything negative, until you see something worth commenting on constructively.

Just a bit of advice.

# 17 Scooter3 @ 01/15/10 02:50 PM
UUUUH La La,

I guess I'm the only guy thats blown away with this.

I liked everything about it!

scooter...

# 18 Blzer @ 01/15/10 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis

And I still scratch my head to this day over why we didn't get these sounds. How difficult is it to replace one audio file with another? Obviously they had the sound effect on their person.

# 19 brendanrfoley @ 01/15/10 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter3
UUUUH La La,

scooter...
You're not alone, my friend... I liked it!

# 20 Checmate101 @ 01/15/10 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter3
UUUUH La La,

scooter...

I liked it myself, hope the gamespot preview show me something

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.