Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

Check out the new Major League Baseball 2K10 video. It shows off a little gameplay.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Tomba @ 01/15/10 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic
still looks cartoony.
A G R E E

# 22 Jamin23 @ 01/15/10 03:02 PM
It was okay. I wasn't great and it wasn't terrible although it is maybe 15 seconds of gameplay if that even is gameplay.

# 23 bodhiball @ 01/15/10 03:02 PM
pretty sure thats not actual gameplay footage, so its hard to make any judgment on it yet. They had similar promos last year with different sound effects and animations....just have to wait and see.

# 24 Coug00 @ 01/15/10 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Wait... is that Felix Hernandez?

Yeah, that is a pretty bad model of him. And that's not even his windup. He took on Bedard's pronounced hip turn towards 2nd base.

With that said, I don't really care about visuals this year. I just want a good base gameplay that feels organic and they can build up other areas in future releases.

# 25 SoxFan01605 @ 01/15/10 03:17 PM
Eh...like others have said,somewhat underwhelming. But we're talking about roughly 20 seconds or less of actual footage (promotional, at that). Not much to form an opinion on one way or the other. It's nice to finally see something though.

# 26 Artman22 @ 01/15/10 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic
still looks cartoony.
So did MVP and we know how good that was.

# 27 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/15/10 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. It took a few years for MVP to get it's gameplay down to what it was. With improvements every year. Just dont expect that out of this game. It has a ways to go to get it its first year of positive growth.

It was graphical limitations back then too as to why MVP looked the way it did (which looked great for its time).

I am hoping they nail the gameplay to be a respectable game. Missing MLB on the PC.

# 28 Blitzburgh @ 01/15/10 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Holding off judgment until I see videos from sites, and not marketing.

I remember the same bat sound debacle when they showed 2K8 videos. Sounded awesome in them, then the game still had the same sounds it still does from 4 years ago.

They used sounds in the marketing video that never made it to the game.

There is just nothing much to go on to judge in this video. None.

Agree! I did not get anything impressive out of that either.

# 29 SoxFan01605 @ 01/15/10 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
That's true, but it was also five years ago...lol.

Still, you're right in that the point remains...if the gameplay is at least solid, it won't matter to much. The game isn't ugly or anything.

# 30 Blitzburgh @ 01/15/10 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug00
Yeah, that is a pretty bad model of him. And that's not even his windup. He took on Bedard's pronounced hip turn towards 2nd base.

With that said, I don't really care about visuals this year. I just want a good base gameplay that feels organic and they can build up other areas in future releases.
I'm sorry but how can some of you guys say that you don't care about visuals? I mean it's 2010 and other games have amazing looking graphics. There is no reason why the game play can not be vastly improved upon while still blowing our sox off with upgraded graphics. I know I sure as heck wouldn't enjoy playing stick ball even if there were 100% authentic sticks!

# 31 ckarlic @ 01/15/10 03:31 PM
There wasn't much footage from that video but I did like what I saw. I liked the bat sounds but as we all know, it very well might be adjusted for the marketing campaign. I do like the look of the players but am holding judgement until we get some game play footage as that is what is more important to me. Plus, last year, the Lincecum trailer looked nothing what the game actually looked like when it came out.

Im definitely getting MLB10 on release day (or before if I can find it early) but will hold off on getting MLB 2K10 until the reviews come out. (and by reviews I mean reviews from OS )

# 32 Pared @ 01/15/10 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QB1
Garbage.
You're getting one warning and ONLY one warning.

Cut this garbage out. It has been taken care of. Everyone move on.

# 33 rockchisler @ 01/15/10 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginopants
Good thing I have both systems.
Me 2 sir....Me 2

# 34 Jamin23 @ 01/15/10 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
I'm sorry but how can some of you guys say that you don't care about visuals? I mean it's 2010 and other games have amazing looking graphics. There is no reason why the game play can not be vastly improved upon while still blowing our sox off with upgraded graphics. I know I sure as heck wouldn't enjoy playing stick ball even if there were 100% authentic sticks!
I agree. I'm not saying that graphics are the most important, but all games should be able to have great graphics and great gameplay, but again this may not be actual footage and it is probably when it was an early stage.

# 35 bigfnjoe96 @ 01/15/10 03:44 PM
Computer is acting weird @ work so I have to wait til I get home to get a good look @ the video. Seems like a mixed bag from the post I've read so far.

# 36 Pared @ 01/15/10 03:56 PM
Honestly joe, it's not very impressive. You could tell me that was 2k9 and I'd believe you.

# 37 Jamin23 @ 01/15/10 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Honestly joe, it's not very impressive. You could tell me that was 2k9 and I'd believe you.
Could it be 2k9 with 2k10 slapped on it? One could hope.

# 38 bigfnjoe96 @ 01/15/10 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Yeah, that seems to be the sentiment so far

# 39 DaveDQ @ 01/15/10 04:05 PM
This video wasn't made for the OS culture. Nothing "made" really ever is. It's going to take a recorded session of someone actually playing the game.

The thing is, if you treat this promo as something that was made for those of us looking to gather a conclusion of the game's potential, you miss the fun of what 2K is doing. I liked that video because of the exchange in conversation between the two players.

# 40 myghty @ 01/15/10 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Holding off judgment until I see videos from sites, and not marketing.

I remember the same bat sound debacle when they showed 2K8 videos. Sounded awesome in them, then the game still had the same sounds it still does from 4 years ago.

They used sounds in the marketing video that never made it to the game.

There is just nothing much to go on to judge in this video. None.
^^^
I concur.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.