Home
MLB 10 News Post

This time last year was first time anyone who doesn't work on the game was allowed to visit our studio and see what goes on behind closed doors with MLB The Show's development team.

Chris Cutliff, Director, of Product Development for MLB The Show thought CD was extremely valuable to our community relations and to the improvement of the franchise. We even had a focus test last year during the cycle. We invited Jim, Pared, Nemesis, Knight, and Brent_Hurst out to participate. They can't talk about the focus test now, but next week I'm lifting the embargo so they can give everyone their thoughts on focus test and if they believe it had an impact on the game.

Next week we are hosting our second Community Preview Event here in San Diego the attendees are the five above with some first timers as well. Brett_OS and bcruise will join the focus test group on next week.

The CPE will be the first hardcore hands on time that anyone has with the game (better get your Q&A's ready).

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 bigfnjoe96 @ 01/20/10 09:12 AM
Glad to hear everyone made-it safely

# 102 countryboy @ 01/20/10 09:29 AM
anyone heard from Pared?

# 103 nemesis04 @ 01/20/10 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
anyone heard from Pared?

He arrives today.

# 104 countryboy @ 01/20/10 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
He arrives today.
Cool man.

Take care and enjoy.

# 105 DubTrey1 @ 01/20/10 10:51 AM
With all of these guys attending.... I am confident this years title will be the best yet. Nobody and I mean nobody has an eye for detail like those of us here @ OS.

# 106 nemesis04 @ 01/20/10 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubTrey1
With all of these guys attending.... I am confident this years title will be the best yet. Nobody and I mean nobody has an eye for detail like those of us here @ OS.
Don'y over hype us now!

# 107 Knight165 @ 01/20/10 10:59 AM
Everybody is good.
Brett...is Montgomery Clift. Google him and that's Brett.
His new nickname for the rest of the trip is Monte.

Brian(bcruise) is a beast. I'm not messing with that guy!!

M.K.
Knight165

# 108 nemesis04 @ 01/20/10 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Everybody is good.

Brian(bcruise) is a beast. I'm not messing with that guy!!

M.K.
Knight165

LOL, and Knight is like the King of Queens!

# 109 rspencer86 @ 01/20/10 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165

Reminds me of one of my favorite songs from The Clash, The Right Profile.

Sounds like ya'll are having a good time.

# 110 Chef Matt @ 01/20/10 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
We're actually sitting in the lobby of the hotel waiting for 0900 PST, then we can go in.

Open open open, ala the old Mervyns commercials. LOL

# 111 baseball88 @ 01/20/10 11:21 AM
jim416

Please check out the Indians home batting helmet
Is the red bill there this year?
Is the player editor the same or different?

Thanks

# 112 Scott @ 01/20/10 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Checking out bills of helmets might have to wait. We're going to be under the hood of this game a lot today and if we happen upon some of the uni stuff we'll let you know.
Thank you, who cares about the little stuff

# 113 mlblover15 @ 01/20/10 11:53 AM
hey guys did they bring back the catcher/umpire throwing the ball back to the pitcher this year. they seemed to of ommited it last year.

also, is home run derby just in season type modes or are they allowing us to have it as a mode all to it's self this year?

have they added any more details to the box scores, ala... time of game, temp, LOB stats etc etc etc... anyway enjoy and even thogh my ps3 got stolen on new years im still monitoring the boards for news of the game for when i can get a new ps3 and 10!!

# 114 callmetaternuts @ 01/20/10 11:54 AM
Enjoy the trip you guys. Hope it's as good an experience as it was last year. Proved rewarding for the OS crew, the OS community and developers.

# 115 baseball88 @ 01/20/10 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Thank you, who cares about the little stuff

Maybe not you but some people it does matter about little stuff.

# 116 UNIT 210 @ 01/20/10 12:44 PM
Will they finally make the crowd go for a ball hit into the stands? In 09 sometimes the fans didnt even reach for the ball hit into the crowd. I want to see fans catch the ball on the fly, or bend down, pick it up and show it off by raising it up in their hand. Such a small detail would make the game over the top. Nothing better than hitting an upperdeck shot and watching a fan snag it out of the air on the fly. Even show a cutscene of the fan showing off the ball or being hi fived by fellow fans. Knight, or maybe someone who is checking out the game. Could you guys look into it, or ask about it. Thanks. This is the one thing I hope for every year.

# 117 rspencer86 @ 01/20/10 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball88
Maybe not you but some people it does matter about little stuff.
I'd say the people that play this game and the devs that make this game care about the little stuff more than anyone. There's a reason there's always a big long thread applauding all of the little things included in the game every year.

# 118 N51_rob @ 01/20/10 01:00 PM
Not to mention that Scott's post was in jest. He even went as far as to include a smiley.

# 119 baseball88 @ 01/20/10 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
I'd say the people that play this game and the devs that make this game care about the little stuff more than anyone. There's a reason there's always a big long thread applauding all of the little things included in the game every year.
Especially the mod people too

# 120 deucepoppi17 @ 01/20/10 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIT 210
Will they finally make the crowd go for a ball hit into the stands? In 09 sometimes the fans didnt even reach for the ball hit into the crowd. I want to see fans catch the ball on the fly, or bend down, pick it up and show it off by raising it up in their hand. Such a small detail would make the game over the top. Nothing better than hitting an upperdeck shot and watching a fan snag it out of the air on the fly. Even show a cutscene of the fan showing off the ball or being hi fived by fellow fans. Knight, or maybe someone who is checking out the game. Could you guys look into it, or ask about it. Thanks. This is the one thing I hope for every year.
Last night i was playing in a blowut game, so the stands emptied out in Cleveland. I then hit a homerun into an empty spot, but it just bounced and disappeared. It would be aamzing if fans from around the section went after it.

Also, hitting a HR in Texas to CF....will the fans go racing to get the ball?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.