Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

2K Sports has just posted their Major League Baseball 2K10 MLB Developer Insight, focusing on art direction.

Quote:
"We went through all the stadiums and scrutinized the architectural details and nuances, in an effort to correct anything we saw that has changed since the previous MLB season. We also introduced some new stadiums not in last year’s game. I’m sure you’ll all be excited to see the new Target Field in Minnesota. We worked off of the blueprints of the actual stadium so our stadium will be spot on in terms of accuracy for Twins fans.

We paid a lot of attention to the fields this year, introducing new technology to the dirt which better portrays wetness, degradation, moisture, rake, wear, and traffic. The grass is equally as sophisticated. We took into account the same lighting properties with our dirt, as well as the actual mow patterns for each stadium. We even went as far as taking into consideration the type & length of grass, and the direction it is mowed. I guess you can say we are a little obsessed with grass tech from our football days. We are sticklers for accuracy because we aim to please our simulation fans everywhere!

The environments capture each ballpark’s look and feel and showcase their specific celebrations, ads, scoreboards, and fans accordingly. We made sure to balance the ads within the parks and colors to mimic life, and you will see more real life advertisement slots and sizes than in MLB 2K9. In general, we wanted the environments to capture the real essence of baseball, but differently for the various stadiums across the league."

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 jerm21 @ 01/19/10 02:14 AM
did anyone else realize that in 2k9 they had slim to none of the players eye colors right? they seemed to correct that in these screens i'm seeing, (Beckett instead of blue eyes in k9 he now has correct brown, Haren now blue instead of in 2k9 they were brown)
for lots of players Youk, Dice K, i'm sure a lot more..anyone else realize this? i know its small, but i was wondering if anyone else noticed it

# 122 Eddie1967 @ 01/19/10 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerm21
did anyone else realize that in 2k9 they had slim to none of the players eye colors right? they seemed to correct that in these screens i'm seeing, (Beckett instead of blue eyes in k9 he now has correct brown, Haren now blue instead of in 2k9 they were brown)
for lots of players Youk, Dice K, i'm sure a lot more..anyone else realize this? i know its small, but i was wondering if anyone else noticed it
I'm a big fan of the little details, but eyes? When would you ever get the chance to notice this except for up close screen shots?

# 123 jerm21 @ 01/19/10 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
I'm a big fan of the little details, but eyes? When would you ever get the chance to notice this except for up close screen shots?
plenty of times. cut scenes. walking into the batters box. there were plenty of moments where you had close ups of the players.

# 124 SoxFan01605 @ 01/19/10 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Eh...I'm not as nitpicky as others, but this seems fairly simple. It's not asking for correct shapes, squint, bags, wrinkles, etc. We're talking getting the base color right...that's it...not even shades or variations of a color. Not a "game killer" or whatever, but it seems like a simple thing in order to keep immersion. No different than hair color or style, IMO.

# 125 rckabillyRaider @ 01/20/10 04:06 AM
Stadiums looking really good. I think I even saw a lot of empty seats in the top deck. Dynamic attendance?

# 126 The Living Legend @ 01/20/10 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
Stadiums looking really good. I think I even saw a lot of empty seats in the top deck. Dynamic attendance?
I hope so that would be a nice touch, it would be cool, but doubt its in there is having people leave the stadium on a blow out.

# 127 Jamin23 @ 01/20/10 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Living Legend
I hope so that would be a nice touch, it would be cool, but doubt its in there is having people leave the stadium on a blow out.
NBA 2k10 has dynamic attendance, but it's just empty seats scattered around the arena. I'm waiting for 2k to have people leave during blowouts and at Land Shark Stadium the upper deck should have no fans up there.

# 128 Jamin23 @ 01/20/10 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
If there is and correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Nationals stadium is full.

# 129 HealyMonster @ 01/20/10 06:17 PM
was looking forward to the next insight, if Im not mistaken, its supposed to be out today right? I swear I read somewhere, and ive been waiting all day, and nobody has mentioned it so i might be wrong?

# 130 Jamin23 @ 01/20/10 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
was looking forward to the next insight, if Im not mistaken, its supposed to be out today right? I swear I read somewhere, and ive been waiting all day, and nobody has mentioned it so i might be wrong?
It's supposed to come out tonight. It's only 3:25 in California though.

# 131 cammel @ 01/20/10 08:26 PM
The date has been removed from the next insight,now says "TBD"

# 132 Jamin23 @ 01/20/10 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cammel
The date has been removed from the next insight,now says "TBD"

# 133 Blzer @ 01/20/10 08:33 PM
See, this just doesn't make sense.

# 134 Jamin23 @ 01/20/10 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
See, that just doesn't make sense.
On Ronnie's twitter it says one of his screens were rejected. Come on 2k.

# 135 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/20/10 08:50 PM
/sigh

Here we go.

# 136 Jamin23 @ 01/20/10 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
/sigh

Here we go.
I just don't get why they wouldn't approve a screenshot.

# 137 jerm21 @ 01/20/10 09:07 PM
yikes.

# 138 ShowTyme15 @ 01/20/10 09:14 PM
This is why I take every thing Ronnie says with a grain of salt. Who runs a company like that?

# 139 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/20/10 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
I just don't get why they wouldn't approve a screenshot.

Just ironic, The Show releases their franchise blog with some great updates and improvements... and 2K was supposed to have their Franchise blog, only to not do it.

I don't buy the screenshot story. It can easily be swapped or even omitted. This isn't rocket science.

# 140 Jamin23 @ 01/20/10 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Just ironic, The Show releases their franchise blog with some great updates and improvements... and 2K was supposed to have their Franchise blog, only to not do it.

I hope that's not the case, but 2k has been known to do that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.