Home
MLB 10 News Post

If you pre-order MLB 10: The Show you will receive free classic stadiums. Check the details at Playstation.Blog.

Quote:
"If you don't pre-order the game or can't they will be available for purchase on the PS Store at a later date pricing and release date has yet TBD."

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Azamien @ 01/25/10 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Amazon.com
As someone already said, Amazon.com will only ship it to US addresses. I finally found it on Amazon.ca and they have no pre-order bonus listed.

# 62 dmbfan1970 @ 01/25/10 07:11 PM
I just ordered from amazon and already got confirmation of my promotional code

# 63 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/25/10 08:06 PM
Well they will be listing them on PSN, so you can wait then if you are willing to pay.

# 64 Senor_Herbatron @ 01/25/10 08:14 PM
I'll most likely put the $5 I have left over from Madden and put it on this game. Then I'll go get the game from a mom and pop store. I'll be damned if I'm waiting the extra few days.

# 65 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/25/10 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmrich28
Nem, I hope you understand the frustration that's all

Of course I'll pay, it's just the point of it. But from what others have said it's only available if you get platinum trophy status??

Way too much of a headache for the users outside the USA that's all

Dave

I can totally understand. But I also hope everyone understands with licensing and legal terms, they have to provide with what they can in that regards as well. I am sure that has a lot to do with it, considering this is for all game publishers that go through with this, and not just Sony.

# 66 Knight165 @ 01/25/10 08:31 PM
But you must realize...this is not Sony...this is the policy of the online retailers.

M.K.
Knight165

# 67 Knight165 @ 01/25/10 08:39 PM
I always get two copies.(I gotta get myself a backup)...
So I will pre-order and give my code for the classics to someone outside the U.S.
Maybe there are others who aren't going to use them that might be willing to do the same.(I don't know if this is allowed though)

I totally understand the frustration.

M.K.
Knight165

# 68 countryboy @ 01/25/10 08:41 PM
Quote:
well then it's absolute BS if there is a MLB team here in Toronto and "we" aren't afforded the same easy access to a game bearing the license of the sport.

Sorry it's so tiresome dealing with the **** like this all the time when I have $$ in hand but can't get the same treatment.

Dave
You should talk to your local retailers about why they don't look to achieve the same status as other retailers. What is the retailer called...Futureshop?

BTW...have you tried Wal-Mart.com? What about Best Buy online? What about a few of the other retailers listed?

And you said that you could get the game via Gamestop and the voucher, if I understood you correctly, but you have to wait 2 weeks for the shipment. Why not go that route?

# 69 tree3five @ 01/25/10 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
So I will pre-order and give my code for the classics to someone outside the U.S.
Maybe there are others who aren't going to use them that might be willing to do the same.(I don't know if this is allowed though)

M.K.
Knight165
what a good guy, seriously.

# 70 countryboy @ 01/25/10 08:43 PM
Quote:

M.K.
Knight165
I'd do this, but the vouchers, at least via Gamestop, aren't handed out until the game is handed out. Too much of a hassle to return the game and such.

# 71 Knight165 @ 01/25/10 08:44 PM
I've never used the vouchers.
Is what I'm proposing even possible?

M.K.
Knight165

# 72 CujoMatty @ 01/25/10 08:44 PM
Quote:
But you must realize...this is not Sony...this is the policy of the online retailers.

M.K.
Knight165
I disagree with this statement. We have Eb games here in Canada which is a sister store of gamestop. Also future shop is a sister store to best buy. Sony should be shipping pre order content vouchers to these stores. I completely agree with the frustration.
I read somewhere that u can start a franchise using a different stadium. I was very excited to be able to start a blue jays franchise at one of the classic stadiums because Rogers stadium is very bland and boring to look at. I have no problem paying for DLC but the wording leads me to believe that DLC may not be available till after march 2. So then I'm stuck waiting to start a franchise till DLC is available because I live in Canada. That sucks.

# 73 tree3five @ 01/25/10 08:46 PM
Quote:
I've never used the vouchers.
Is what I'm proposing even possible?

M.K.
Knight165
ya you would just PM the person one of your voucher codes. People do it all the time.

# 74 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/25/10 08:46 PM
We do understand your frustrations. There are games and goodies given out all the time for games in Japan and Europe that US has no access to as well.

But being upset about something and understanding the process with legalese and retailer rules are separate.

It has been said plenty of times on the Playstation.blog as other sites about legal issues and such for things like this to online movie rentals on the PSN. I would imagine it is all in the same category.

Not like Sony is trying to do this on purpose.

Take Heavy Rain for example. In Europe, they don't offer any type of pre-order like programs for things with games. So there is a Collector's Edition that comes with the first DLC episode included. Here in the States, we will not have that Collector's, but if we pre-oder the game, we will get again, a voucher to get that DLC. But miss out on the other included Collector's items. The game is made in France (Europe). So it happens.

Just because stores are "sister stores" means absolutely nothing. They still operate under different rules on certain aspects in different countries. It is not Sony's fault if the retailers don't have a policy in place to do such a thing in your respected country. To get angry on here about it, does not change anything other than create hostility on the forums.

# 75 countryboy @ 01/25/10 08:47 PM
***Following Knight's goodwill toward fellow Show fanatics, I'd like to extend one as well and maybe fellow OS'ers would be willing to follow suit.***

Dave(dmrich28)....I'm willing to help you out man as I understand your frustration, I truly do. So with that, if you'd like...I'll buy you a copy of Show '10 and get the voucher code and send it to you if you're willing to pay for the shipping fees and game via Paypal. No other fees involved.

Let me know man...and I'll preorder the game tomorrow at Gamestop.

# 76 tree3five @ 01/25/10 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
***Following Knight's goodwill toward fellow Show fanatics, I'd like to extend one as well and maybe fellow OS'ers would be willing to follow suit.***

Dave(dmrich28)....I'm willing to help you out man as I understand your frustration, I truly do. So with that, if you'd like...I'll buy you a copy of Show '10 and get the voucher code and send it to you if you're willing to pay for the shipping fees and game via Paypal. No other fees involved.

we got some pretty awesome people here at OS. good man countryboy

# 77 Knight165 @ 01/25/10 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

Awesome.
I wish I was PayPal savvy(I can't even figure out how to put money into my account )....I'd set it up for a mass shipment to outside the U.S.

M.K.
Knight165

# 78 countryboy @ 01/25/10 08:50 PM
Quote:
geez countryboy..WHY THE FU$^ should I have to go through the hassle of shipment when a store is 2 mins away??????

It's BS having to order from a USA site... end of story.

flip roles and you'd understand.

Dave
just trying to help out man...and I do understand your frustration, which is why I extended a hand to try and help out. And I'd appreciate you cooling the attitude towards me, when all I'm trying to do is suggest avenues to try and help out.

# 79 bp4baseball @ 01/25/10 08:58 PM
Quote:

M.K.
Knight165
You are a good man...
If only everyone was like this.

Brian
Captain B

# 80 J-Unit40 @ 01/25/10 08:58 PM
Great news on the new stadiums! I love some of those classic ballparks! The excitement is building.....

Thanks Russell and SCEA. Well done.

Also, Knight is just a stud. What a guy! You too countryboy!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.