Home
NHL 10 News Post

Roster update #7 is available for NHL 10, along with Tuner Set 1.03. Post your impressions here.

Quote:
"For this update transactions are up to date as of January 24, 2010 (NHL, AHL, Elitserien, SM-Liiga, NLA).

One new player has been added to the game: G Jarosloav Janus (Norfolk Admirals).

Along with that, ratings have been updated."

What's in Tuner Set 1.03?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshirt_EA

"The major thrust of the changes is to get more goal-scoring variation and loosen up goal scoring a bit. There will be more variety in CPU goalie positioning as well as a bunch of other tweaks to how they position, how fast they can move and accelerate, rebound control, screen effects, reaction speeds, and more.

For online the duration of the post-whistle time has been reduced, and a few gameplay exploits have been reduced.

For offline play once you have the update it will be applied automatically if you still have the Tuning Set option set to Latest (which is the default). Otherwise you can set it to Latest or V1.03. If don't like the changes or prefer to finish your current Dynasties/Be A Pro with a previous tuning version you can also change it (under Gameplay Settings/General). V1.02 is what you'd be using right now if you have the previous update and are set to Latest.

For online play everyone uses the latest tuning update.

There are quite a few changes involved in this update so we'll be watching closely to see how things play out and make any adjustments that are necessary.

More detailed notes on the changes should be posted on the NHL forums/blogs tomorrow. I'll make sure they end up here too."

Game: NHL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 28 - View All
NHL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 Splitter77 @ 02/16/10 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck
I dunno but for me it seems like the honey moon is ending for these updates.. seeing low CPU shots again, predictable AI, robo goalies.. etc.. I'm not even a big stats nazi but it just irks me to see shots being like 30-9 in my favor with the CPU having 2 goals even when I win..

I think I am gonna have to start from scratch on a slider set or something and see how that goes..
as soon as tuner 1.03 came out, I put all the sliders I had adjusted back to default. I now play on all-star, everything default. The only adjustments i made was game speed to 0, and i lowered pass speeds 1 level.

# 202 Vikes1 @ 02/16/10 01:48 PM
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the tuner sets. And they have made some nice differences. And the support for the game has been pretty impressive.

However, imo...nothing beats a good ole patch to fix a few things. And I'm kinda getting the impression that we may very well not see a second patch for NHL '10'. You'd think if a patch #2 was in the works...we'd have heard something of it by now.

I remember Jason saying that for instance, the cpu's habit of passing the puck back to the point, forgoing an open shot, would take a patch to correct. Personally it'd be nice to see the cpu be far more aggressive towards the User puck carrier when headed up ice. Rather than just allowing you to just skate right on by. It'd be nice to see this at least on the higher levels. Point being...it'd be great to have some of the remaining issues addressed with a second patch.

Maybe I missed it. Has there been any rumors of a patch #2?

# 203 MizzouRah @ 02/16/10 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
Are you using auto aiming when you play? Because I use auto-aim, mostly because
I am just not very good. But I score about half of my goals on clean shots. I think a lot of people have trouble nailing clean shots because they don't aim very well.

When I play online, I have to score almost exclusively on rebounds and deflections.
What he said... and I still use manual.. mainly because I like to take all the credit for my goals!

# 204 MizzouRah @ 02/19/10 07:03 PM
I don't have a ps3.. so I have never played The Show.. but I can tell you NHL 10 is the best console sports game I have ever played...

In fact, friends who come over and play NHL 10, end up buying an Xbox 360.

# 205 Vikes1 @ 02/19/10 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I don't have a ps3.. so I have never played The Show.. but I can tell you NHL 10 is the best console sports game I have ever played...

I only have a 360 as well Mizz, so I've never played the Show either.

I have checked out a few videos of it...and it sure does seem impressive. But like you Mizz, of the sport games I have played, NHL '10' is clearly my favorite too. I mean this more as a positive towards NHL, than a knock on Madden/NCAA. But I haven't touched either football game since getting back into the NHL series.

I think my son said it best, when he said with the NHL game...it's constant action. And I also much prefer NHL's franchise mode.

# 206 kerosene31 @ 02/19/10 11:59 PM
The tuner makes the hide the puck glitch wrister a money goal from anywhere on the ice now. This glitch goal has dominated the EASHL for months now and nobody seems to care. Everyone just learns it and plays bad hockey. A shame really.

Offline the game plays even better after the tuner which is a consolation.

# 207 Splitter77 @ 02/20/10 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah

no doubt man. NHL 10 is the best console game for me, and I do have a ps3.
We'll see if the show 10 can overtake it.

If they could only improve the stats engine in this game for next year and make the franchise and create team more like 2k10 Ill be in heaven.

I love how 2k10 allows you to change nhl players names and such.

Also- one of these damn sports games should add a fantasy draft with all generic names. I believe mlb 2k3 had this feature as well as the high heat pc series.

# 208 MizzouRah @ 02/20/10 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I only have a 360 as well Mizz, so I've never played the Show either.

I have checked out a few videos of it...and it sure does seem impressive. But like you Mizz, of the sport games I have played, NHL '10' is clearly my favorite too. I mean this more as a positive towards NHL, than a knock on Madden/NCAA. But I haven't touched either football game since getting back into the NHL series.

I think my son said it best, when he said with the NHL game...it's constant action. And I also much prefer NHL's franchise mode.
Exactly.. I get nervous playing these playoff games like no other game.

# 209 sroz39 @ 02/22/10 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
The tuner makes the hide the puck glitch wrister a money goal from anywhere on the ice now. This glitch goal has dominated the EASHL for months now and nobody seems to care. Everyone just learns it and plays bad hockey. A shame really.

Offline the game plays even better after the tuner which is a consolation.
Not if you have a human goalie

# 210 Vikes1 @ 02/27/10 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77

I love how 2k10 allows you to change nhl players names and such.
Yep...one of the things that 2K seems to nearly always have over EA are options.

The options to shorten seasons, rearrange divisions/conferences, etc... If I remember right, in at least 2K7...you could even choose the slickness of the ice. I don't think you can ever have enough ways to customize your game experience. It'd be great if EA Canada borrowed a few of the options 2K has.

The biggest thing I hope is that NHL2K keeps going. I love having a choice.

# 211 areyoukiddingme @ 03/05/10 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honome
hxxp://www.mediafire.com/?wmzzqdmydo4

To install the tuner is very easy. Copy the profile file ahead to the NHL SAVE FOLDER on your HDD. Than starts the game and go to: My NHL10/Load/Profile and load the profile file ahead. After that save the profile over yours and youīll have tuner 1.03 installed!
can you reupload this, please? or pm me so it doesn't get taken down. thanks!

# 212 Schmackity @ 03/09/10 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
Was there a post-trade deadline roster update last year? I can't remember. Just finally got around to picking up the game today but want to hold off on my franchise if there's a roster update coming.
Yeah if I remember correctly they had one around March 13th'ish then the last roster update comes out around the 2nd week of the playoffs. So there should be one coming soon.

# 213 Mikey88 @ 03/09/10 11:42 PM
new rosters are out now

# 214 Nysol @ 03/10/10 03:46 AM
Hey, could someone upload his roster file for XBOX 360? This would be great. Thanks in advance.

# 215 Gagnon39 @ 03/10/10 12:40 PM
Maybe it's just me but I've noticed that there are a lot more slap shot goals from the point finding their way into the net since the update. And that is exactly what I've been wanting. There's nothing better than blasting a clean, non-screened, non-deflected slap shot past a goalie.

# 216 shadox @ 03/10/10 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by areyoukiddingme
can you reupload this, please? or pm me so it doesn't get taken down. thanks!
I would second this

# 217 Nysol @ 03/14/10 01:49 PM
Yes! I need this file too. And please latest Roster update.

# 218 areyoukiddingme @ 03/23/10 03:32 PM
oh come on people. someone please post this new update for all us non-Live users

# 219 tabulaRasa @ 03/25/10 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Maybe it's just me but I've noticed that there are a lot more slap shot goals from the point finding their way into the net since the update. And that is exactly what I've been wanting. There's nothing better than blasting a clean, non-screened, non-deflected slap shot past a goalie.
It might be cool, but itīs unrealistic, but better some than none.
What they should fix is the lame cheese board play, and self boarding, itīs warping suction into the boards.
Also the insane amount of pokechecks, which only result in penalties if you deke, which is lame.
Also, pre emtive sticklifts gotta result in penalties more.
And come on , the insane amount of people laying all over the ice to cover ice, and in front of the net is crazy. Make diving pokes result in penalties 50% of the time if you do it in the offensive zone. Tripping.

# 220 ComaFaction @ 03/27/10 08:42 AM
I don't know why they improved the stick lift effectiveness with the tuner set....it's really the only hinderance now. Defenseman can swing their sticks wildly with very little recourse, and WAY too much reward.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.