Home
NHL 10 News Post

Roster update #7 is available for NHL 10, along with Tuner Set 1.03. Post your impressions here.

Quote:
"For this update transactions are up to date as of January 24, 2010 (NHL, AHL, Elitserien, SM-Liiga, NLA).

One new player has been added to the game: G Jarosloav Janus (Norfolk Admirals).

Along with that, ratings have been updated."

What's in Tuner Set 1.03?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshirt_EA

"The major thrust of the changes is to get more goal-scoring variation and loosen up goal scoring a bit. There will be more variety in CPU goalie positioning as well as a bunch of other tweaks to how they position, how fast they can move and accelerate, rebound control, screen effects, reaction speeds, and more.

For online the duration of the post-whistle time has been reduced, and a few gameplay exploits have been reduced.

For offline play once you have the update it will be applied automatically if you still have the Tuning Set option set to Latest (which is the default). Otherwise you can set it to Latest or V1.03. If don't like the changes or prefer to finish your current Dynasties/Be A Pro with a previous tuning version you can also change it (under Gameplay Settings/General). V1.02 is what you'd be using right now if you have the previous update and are set to Latest.

For online play everyone uses the latest tuning update.

There are quite a few changes involved in this update so we'll be watching closely to see how things play out and make any adjustments that are necessary.

More detailed notes on the changes should be posted on the NHL forums/blogs tomorrow. I'll make sure they end up here too."

Game: NHL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 28 - View All
NHL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Hack22 @ 01/28/10 05:06 PM
i hope with the next one they fix the forchecking. I played a few games in my BAP and BAGM and still my team retreats to the blue line.

# 62 mattg123 @ 01/28/10 06:26 PM
Cool excited to take a look at this tuner. Wonder how it does with my rosters.

# 63 Fiddy @ 01/28/10 06:31 PM
why dont they fix the pinning? why can guys pin themselves with the puck and suck guys in still.. ugh

# 64 Redshirt_EA @ 01/28/10 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Fiddy posted while I was rambling, so now I see we weren't imagining the deflection increase. But if I may ask, why are the increases in deflections and screen effect online-only? I think the offline game would benefit from this as well...
The reason screen effect wasn't changed offline was that there's a slider for it. Deflections make sense offline too, might be able to sneak that into V1.03 when we fix the other problems (not doing a V1.04, that change would just become part of V1.03).

# 65 bukktown @ 01/28/10 08:32 PM
I've played 5 games online and they've all been low scoring. It's too easy to get good scoring chances, and at the same time, too hard to bury one. But that is a general critique of the game I guess.

# 66 Redshirt_EA @ 01/28/10 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
why dont they fix the pinning? why can guys pin themselves with the puck and suck guys in still.. ugh
I would love to, but that isn't one of the things that is set up to be changed with tuners.

# 67 RoyalBoyle78 @ 01/28/10 09:00 PM
how do you download this, or do you just leave at latest?

# 68 Fiddy @ 01/28/10 09:24 PM
Quote:
I would love to, but that isn't one of the things that is set up to be changed with tuners.
well, at least your honest..

i figured it would be something you guys could tune. but guess not

thanks for the response.

# 69 Redshirt_EA @ 01/28/10 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
well, at least your honest..

i figured it would be something you guys could tune. but guess not

thanks for the response.
I can tune it, it just isn't set up as part of the post-ship tunable system so I can't get the changes to you. I agree that boardplay could use some changes.

# 70 Juiceman612 @ 01/28/10 11:50 PM
Redshirt - can you clarify if goalies were loosened up with v1.03 OFFLINE? I am having a tough time scoring on 1.03 - seems exactly opposite with what people are saying about goalies online (more goals).

I'd love any clarification you can give about what 1.03 will do for offline play since that's what I usually play. Thanks in advance!

# 71 Vikes1 @ 01/28/10 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
how do you download this, or do you just leave at latest?
As long as your system is hooked up to the internet FF...when booting up the game, you'll see at the bottom right of the screen, to press X [360] to download.

And yes..."latest" is the same as 1.03. Once you download the tuner.

# 72 mkharsh33 @ 01/29/10 12:52 AM
i've worked LONG and hard to get my sliders to where i love them (BAGM mode)...i think i'll pass on this tuner. the last thing i want is to take another month and a hundred games trying to get the proper mix. i'm very pleased with my sliders and i'm enjoying this game (tuner set v.1)... not a perfect game, but very enjoyable.

# 73 Vikes1 @ 01/29/10 01:58 AM
Not really sure if it was due to 1.03 or not...but I had a great time and game, vs the Stars tonight.

I lost 4-3 in OT. But somehow or another, this game just had a great feel to it. There were quite a few turnovers, and lots of neutral zone play. Also the goals that were scored, had a good amount of variety to them. At long last I actually scored on a clean wrister from the point. I also scored by banging home a rebound out in front. And had a few other rebound chances as well. Whereas the cpu goalie now doesn't seem to just gobble up every rebound chance.

For whatever the reason...this game had the most realistic feel to it, since day one. Now I just need to turn some of these L's and OTL's into W's.

# 74 b3organ @ 01/29/10 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
For whatever the reason...this game had the most realistic feel to it, since day one. Now I just need to turn some of these L's and OTL's into W's.
They've done somethings right because I had fun time losing three games in row (doesn't happen very often). However, couple goals by opposition were setup by very stupid teammate AI because I had forgot why I've had cpu aid at default. Say what you will but I've noticed that you must have that on when playing BAP or your teammates don't help you at all if your man gets free. Of course it's your problem if you miss a hit (etc.) but still a real hockey player would take other guys spot to help the team.

So tonight I will turn it on and enjoy probably the best hockey game experience so far.

# 75 Splitter77 @ 01/29/10 07:03 AM
anyone else seeing a variety of different save animations now? I only played one game, but I saw a bunch of different save animations I rarely saw with the 1.02 tuner. I even saw a couple break away from a couple glove save attempts. The puck seem much more lose around the goalies in this update. I like it so far.

# 76 Qb @ 01/29/10 08:21 AM
Quote:
The reason screen effect wasn't changed offline was that there's a slider for it. Deflections make sense offline too, might be able to sneak that into V1.03 when we fix the other problems (not doing a V1.04, that change would just become part of V1.03).
Thanks for the answer. I play with screen effect maxed offline anyways, but it just seemed odd to raise it for one & not the other. If you could sneak the offline deflections into the revised 1.03 that would be great! And thanks for your time... I'm sure you've got plenty to keep you busy right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceman612
Redshirt - can you clarify if goalies were loosened up with v1.03 OFFLINE? I am having a tough time scoring on 1.03 - seems exactly opposite with what people are saying about goalies online (more goals).
I don't know man. I've only played two offline games, both using the sliders I posted in the "Hardcore Passing" thread here. I lost the other night 5-3 (about 50-55 total shots), then played OTT/PIT (me) after getting back from the real OTT/PIT game. My replay went a little differently... I won 8-2! Shots were 36-29 in my favor and I went 3/7 on the PP. Had back-to-back 5-3 PPs during a five-minute major against the CPU, scoring on both, that helped me to run it up on the Sens.

I have screen/reaction @ 6/0 for both HUM/CPU & goalie cover @ 3 and it goes without saying I'm seeing plenty of goals. I even bumped up goalie reaction to 1 for both sides after my 5th or 6th goal and still put in a few more in the 3rd period.

# 77 Splitter77 @ 01/29/10 11:23 AM
man, i am just loving how the goalies are now.
great job

# 78 MrMars @ 01/29/10 12:33 PM
Played 3 games last night with the new tuner, and I must say I'm torn. What I do like is the increased CPU offensive mindset, which creates more balances TOA stats, the problem is it seems to be at the expense of human defense and execution.

What I mean is that simple breakout passes that you complete at one point in time, are not completed at a different point in time. I understand that if you are covered or otherwise harassed that it should affect execution, but I'm talking about un-harassed simple passes out of your defensive zone. It appears that the game is implementing the intimidation factor as it relates to passes a little to effectively on the human while the cpu tic-tac tape-to-tape passes all day on me. with the occasional missed pass.(CPU Pass Acuuracy on zero, by the way...)

I also see the CPU execute to well on the powerplay, while I cant even make a simple pass back to the point on a 5 on 3 PP, without the pass leaving the zone. I may have give up on using the the manual passing since as of now I seem to be only able to connect on 1 out of 3 passes, this is getting me killed by the cpu as well as frustrating me.

I am also seeing a problem I had in 09 where the puck seems to always bounce in the CPU favor trying to get the puck out of my zone. Not to mention the stick lift is too powerful a tool for the CPU, while for me, all it does in get me a penalty. (I may be implementing it wrong, I know. But It is still to effective for the CPU even with it at zero in difficulty settings above Pro)

Scoring is tougher, however, shots that should go in do, at least for the cpu. I seem to hit more posts and crossbars that I think I should. I may have to revise my shooting sliders. In summary, the CPU plays tougher defensively, the human factor is exaggerated for the human as ability to execute varies from minute to minute, period to period and game to game.

For example, I played two of the three games in my Be A GM mode they were back to back Phi/Car, lost both. in PHI lost 4-3, they just beat me up and I was 2/7 on the PP, but we were wore down by late in the 3rd, and it seemed that none of my lines could get back to full green, any way it was 3-3 with about 7 minutes left, they scored, we could not respond, Goaltender kept us in but we could not execute once in the zone.

The next night we played CAR and they are horrible record wise and Cam Ward shuts me out 2-0, I never seen the cpu play D as effective as it did this game. They scored on 2 of their 5 PP's. After this game went to TOR and those guys just whipped the puck around like it was on a string, and I couldn't make a simple breakout pass without it being off-target. Got frustrated and turned the game off for the night.

I'm going to give another shot tonight, but I feels like the CPU can do things you cant in order to make the game challenging, but for me it makes it more frustrating. I am definitely going to have to re-assess my sliders if I am going to stay with this tuner set.

MrMars

# 79 RoyalBoyle78 @ 01/29/10 12:43 PM
all I see is version 1.00 and latest, I can't figure out how to download the other sets? Help

# 80 Splitter77 @ 01/29/10 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
all I see is version 1.00 and latest, I can't figure out how to download the other sets? Help
im pretty sure you just press the square button at the menu screen

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.