Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

2K Sports has posted another Major League Baseball 2K10 Developer Insight. This one features Franchise Mode.

Quote:
"So let’s get into it! This year we added 40 Man Rosters/September Call-Ups, Compensation Picks, Spring Training, Trade Finder, Player Finder, Super Sim, Franchise Blogs, Variable Contracts and MLB Today presentation (we’ll also have a lot more about this in an upcoming Insight). I’ll go into a few of these new features in more depth later on in this write-up."

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Juiceman @ 01/27/10 03:55 PM
Forgot to mention that I also really like that you can Super Sim from any point in a game. I could see myself for lack of time switching to super sim to finish off blowout games. Really cool option. Anxious to hear about MLB Today...

# 22 Jamin23 @ 01/27/10 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceman
Forgot to mention that I also really like that you can Super Sim from any point in a game. I could see myself for lack of time switching to super sim to finish off blowout games. Really cool option. Anxious to hear about MLB Today...
I think you are going to like MLB today.

# 23 Knight165 @ 01/27/10 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
I think you are going to like MLB today.
Care to share what you know?

M.K.
Knight165

# 24 Jamin23 @ 01/27/10 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Care to share what you know?

M.K.
Knight165
I'm just basing it off of NBA today if you have played NBA 2k. It should basically be the same thing except being the MLB of course. Announcers talking about what is currently happening in real life and your franchise etc.

# 25 duke776 @ 01/27/10 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I feel like if you're a 360 owner, this is the first time either in a few years or ever that you shouldn't be passing up a baseball game in the spring. I think it's time that there are no longer closing the door on purchasing a game just because MVP or The Show isn't on the system.

Looks to be a functional year for baseball all around, and next year should be even better.
If the gameplay is good, I don't think this game would come out of my system. I'll basically have 5 months to do nothing when this game comes out, unless I can find a job, so if it's good I know where that free time is going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Sounds like no waivers, options or Rule V though.
Looks like a good base though.

M.K.
Knight165
Yeah, I was really hoping for those things too, but at least it's a start.

# 26 Artman22 @ 01/27/10 04:24 PM
Sounds pretty good.

# 27 Juiceman @ 01/27/10 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
I'm just basing it off of NBA today if you have played NBA 2k. It should basically be the same thing except being the MLB of course. Announcers talking about what is currently happening in real life and your franchise etc.
I haven't played NBA 2k10, but man that sounds awesome. I sound like a broken record, but if the gameplay is good this is going to be a huge time sink for me!

# 28 DaveDQ @ 01/27/10 04:27 PM
Sounds great. I really think MLB Today (if it's used like NBA Today) will be a highlight in a season or franchise. Super Sim makes sense too. Nice addition.

# 29 Artman22 @ 01/27/10 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceman
I haven't played NBA 2k10, but man that sounds awesome. I sound like a broken record, but if the gameplay is good this is going to be a huge time sink for me!
The feature is pretty sick. I really enjoy it with NBA2k10

# 30 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/27/10 04:30 PM
Sounds decent.

Not as in depth as the other game, but a good base for sure. Player search is nice.

Just hope there isn't too much bugs, their franchise modes have not been the smoothest the last few years.

# 31 Trevytrev11 @ 01/27/10 04:30 PM
Quote:
I feel like if you're a 360 owner, this is the first time either in a few years or ever that you shouldn't be passing up a baseball game in the spring. I think it's time that there are no longer closing the door on purchasing a game just because MVP or The Show isn't on the system.

Looks to be a functional year for baseball all around, and next year should be even better.
I agree...as long as there are no game killers with any of this to ruin it, it looks to be a very promising step in the right direction.

They've added some questionable features (or really just added features in questionable ways) IMO, but they all seem to be able to be turned off and on or just not be used, which means they really won't impact us if we don't want them to.

Obviously there are things they've put in that maybe we think could have been done better, but at least they're taking most things in the right direction or at least trying to add the right features even if it's not done perfectly.

# 32 Artman22 @ 01/27/10 04:36 PM
Quote:

Very true. VC had a full cycle on this years game so we should see the fruits of their labor

# 33 jeffy777 @ 01/27/10 04:39 PM
Good read.

# 34 Artman22 @ 01/27/10 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Sounds decent.

Not as in depth as the other game, but a good base for sure. Player search is nice.

Just hope there isn't too much bugs, their franchise modes have not been the smoothest the last few years.
Why does the other game have to be mention by you all the time on the 2k forums??????

# 35 PVarck31 @ 01/27/10 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
like i said in another thread. Agenda. Its just something thats going to be there.

I am not a franchise guy myself, but alot of this sounds neat. I may have to sim and play a few to check it out.

Anyways, hopefully this all works out great and its a HUGE step forward or a few steps forward for us gamers.
Will you please stop with this agenda stuff. He was simply stating a fact. He was NOT saying "dude the show rocks and 2k sucks."

# 36 Trevytrev11 @ 01/27/10 04:55 PM
It's just natural especially now that 2K seems to be adding features that are also in the Show. People are going to naturally compare whether the feature is the same and whether it's as good or not.

People who buy Honda Accords make comparrisons to Toyota Camry's. It's just logical to do so.

# 37 nemesis04 @ 01/27/10 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
It's just natural especially now that 2K seems to be adding features that are also in the Show. People are going to naturally compare whether the feature is the same and whether it's as good or not.

People who buy Honda Accords make comparrisons to Toyota Camry's. It's just logical to do so.
Its just nice to be able to compare features this year!

# 38 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/27/10 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
Why does the other game have to be mention by you all the time on the 2k forums??????

Because it is video games. As with sports teams and video games and movies and music, there will always be comparisons drawn with similar products.

I am doing it in a civilized manner, your comment is far from constructive.

You have to compare in order to compete. And strive to make things better. Nature of the beast. But you have to do it constructively, and I am doing so.

To get uptight is being silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Its just nice to be able to compare features this year!
Bingo!

# 39 PVarck31 @ 01/27/10 05:01 PM
This game is sounding better and better. As long as the on field gameplay is improved, it looks like we will have 2 good games this year.

Can't wait for the MLB Today insight on Friday.

# 40 PVarck31 @ 01/27/10 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Because it is video games. As with sports teams and video games and movies and music, there will always be comparisons drawn with similar products.

I am doing it in a civilized manner, your comment is far from constructive.

You have to compare in order to compete. And strive to make things better. Nature of the beast. But you have to do it constructively, and I am doing so.

To get uptight is being silly.

Bingo!
Yes. Unbiased comparison is okay, as long as its relevant to the discussion. Its a fine line for sure, but its kind of hard to talk about the games if you can't even mention one or the other.

To add to this, if there is no reason to bring up the other game, then don't. It also needs to be a good reason at that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.