Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

Get rich quick, with Major League Baseball 2K10. Check the story from Jon Robinson at ESPN.

Quote:
"And the rules are simple: 2K Sports is going to give the million bucks to the first person who can throw a perfect game against the CPU on All-Star difficulty starting March 2, 2010 at 12:01 AM PST and ending May 2, 2010 at 11:59 PM PDT. Eligible games can only be played on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in MLB Today mode playing one of the available match-ups. Then, when gamers choose to play the Major League Baseball 2K10 contest from the menu, the game will automatically default to the proper gameplay setting in accordance to the official rules."

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Blzer @ 02/23/10 01:29 AM
Damn, these rules don't really allow for us to record on through and quit/restart or anything like that. We'll have to turn our TV off and everything.

Harsh, but very understandable.

# 102 StevenSeagalsLipitor @ 02/23/10 05:05 AM
open to citizens 18 and older "who are not residents of Arizona, Connecticut, Maryland, North Dakota or Vermont"

sucks for you guys

# 103 nadasfan @ 02/23/10 09:49 AM
It states that you must start your recording at least 5 seconds prior to turning on your tv and console. Guess this means i can't use my capture device and will instead have to put my camcorder on a tripod or something? Also that is going to suck powering down your system and TV between each attempt. They are going to disqualify the majority of attempts merely on technicalities of their video set up, etc.

# 104 rspencer86 @ 02/23/10 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadasfan
It states that you must start your recording at least 5 seconds prior to turning on your tv and console. Guess this means i can't use my capture device and will instead have to put my camcorder on a tripod or something? Also that is going to suck powering down your system and TV between each attempt. They are going to disqualify the majority of attempts merely on technicalities of their video set up, etc.
Exactly, how many people would you guess that end up trying this contest actually read the official rules beforehand? Less than 10%, certainly.

# 105 Trevytrev11 @ 02/23/10 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
Exactly, how many people would you guess that end up trying this contest actually read the official rules beforehand? Less than 10%, certainly.
How bad is going to suck for the person that accomplishes it and starts recording right at the start of the game and not 5 seconds before the TV turns on?

# 106 rspencer86 @ 02/23/10 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
How bad is going to suck for the person that accomplishes it and starts recording right at the start of the game and not 5 seconds before the TV turns on?
That would be terrible.

Thing is, since they don't announce who won until a month or two after the contest ends, even people who do pitch a perfect game will have to wait and find out if someone did it before them, whether their video footage was acceptable, etc. That'll be a very long wait for some people.

# 107 Blzer @ 02/23/10 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
Hey, their loss. I've seen much stranger participant and qualification rules. In fact, these make much more sense, and this helps me out much more too. Granted, it will be more aggravating (and nothing says I'll be able to pitch a perfect game since I haven't done it in nine years), but I'm in for one million.

There seem to be some very cool publicity events afterward as well. It is very much worth the hassle to win.

# 108 ExtremeGamer @ 02/23/10 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Hey, their loss. I've seen much stranger participant and qualification rules. In fact, these make much more sense, and this helps me out much more too. Granted, it will be more aggravating (and nothing says I'll be able to pitch a perfect game since I haven't done it in nine years), but I'm in for one million.

There seem to be some very cool publicity events afterward as well. It is very much worth the hassle to win.
Why do I picture you at a Best Buy kiosk, borrowing a camcorder from the camera department, and setting up shop trying this?

# 109 rspencer86 @ 02/23/10 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Why do I picture you at a Best Buy kiosk, borrowing a camcorder from the camera department, and setting up shop trying this?

Some little kid is standing behind him, waiting to play.

Kid: "What are you doing? When is it my turn mister?"
Blzer: "Not now, damnit, I'm trying to win a million bucks."

# 110 Trevytrev11 @ 02/23/10 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86

Some little kid is standing behind him, waiting to play.

Kid: "What are you doing? When is it my turn mister?"
Blzer: "Not now, damnit, I'm trying to win a million bucks."

Hahaha...Poor Blzer's never going to live that down.

# 111 Blzer @ 02/23/10 12:10 PM

I can't stop laughing! That follow-up by rspencer was priceless!

On a rather realistic note though, I have my newly acquired Kodak Zi-8 and am hoping to have this game in my hands by Thursday. So at the very least, I'll start posting some gameplay videos... but the contest doesn't start until Tuesday, so hopefully I'll be well adjusted to the game by then.

Only problem is if we can't even change any presentation settings. I'll find my niche within this game that isn't used through the default stuff, and I don't want to have to readjust simply because of that. From the contest rules, it sounds like you can't press pause either (I think so that they know the game is always in motion or something). I should have a clock timer next to me or something for proof that it's all continuous.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.