Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

2K Sports has just posted another Major League Baseball 2K10 Developer Insight. This one features MLB Today.

Quote:
"The MLB Today screen has several sub-pages of stats from the real life Major League Baseball that you guys watch and love. It’s like having your favorite sports website integrated into your Internet-connected console playing your MLB 2K10 game. The main view shows you the starting pitcher for each team and two other key players for the game you have highlighted. Other sub-pages include a team leaders page, a team comparison page and a yesterday’s scores page. The team comparison page shows the current series results, which team their next series is against, and team performance info such as “BA of .308 over the last 6 games”. And if that’s not enough, from the MLB Today screen, you can access the MLB Today nav screen and access box scores, player stats, team stats and league standings. All this data will be real-world Major League Baseball data from the 2010 and previous seasons.

Awesome, right? But that’s just the start. Now that your game and your league are synched up, the door is thrown open for dynamic commentary and presentation that’s based on what’s happening in the real Major League Baseball. Throughout the season you’ll experience intelligent commentary that not only keeps you informed on the ACTUAL latest league happenings, but also keeps track of your team info as well. Examples include knowing your team just swept a three game series, knowing your third baseman went off for five hits and a couple bombs in the road win against the Dodgers Thursday night and that he’s hitting a cool .313 this season, knowing this is the first of a four game series between the two teams, and that your season series stands at an even 4-4."

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Steve_OS @ 01/29/10 07:18 PM
Sorry guys. When I merged it, there was an error and it whacked the entire thread. ESHHHH.

# 2 Craigsca @ 01/29/10 07:26 PM
Reading the article, I was thinking - "why would anyone care to have your games synched to real life MLB?" Then I got to the part where it said the same MLB Today stuff will synch to your Franchise's data. THAT is cool.

# 3 myghty @ 01/29/10 08:25 PM
Good stuff. If its glitchless gameplay & franchise, they might have put together a good game this year.

# 4 Blzer @ 01/29/10 08:29 PM
This is one of my most anticipated features. Anything to make the commentary less repetitive. Combined with the million dollar contest, I just might buy the game this year.

I wish there was video with this, like they showed last year with the zero stitch commentary.

# 5 Jamin23 @ 01/29/10 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
This is one of my most anticipated features. Anything to make the commentary less repetitive. Combined with the million dollar contest, I just might buy the game this year.

I wish there was video with this, like they showed last year with the zero stitch commentary.
Have you played NBA 2k10? If you have it's basically the same thing. It's a great feature and will make the commentary stay fresh everyday.

# 6 Blzer @ 01/29/10 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
Have you played NBA 2k10? If you have it's basically the same thing. It's a great feature and will make the commentary stay fresh everyday.
I only played the demo. I tried to watch gameplay videos showing it off, but couldn't find much. I'll look around again.

# 7 Jamin23 @ 01/29/10 08:50 PM
Quote:
I only played the demo. I tried to watch gameplay videos showing it off, but couldn't find much. I'll look around again.
I'll see if I can find some and post it. Trust me the commentary is outstanding though.

# 8 stlchamp10 @ 01/29/10 08:54 PM
I've never played the NBA game so I'm a newbie when it comes to the NBA/MLB Today stuff. So I'm a little confused on how this works, does it mean like the commentators will say things about the franchise your playing or just what happens in real life?

# 9 Blzer @ 01/29/10 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlchamp10
I've never played the NBA game so I'm a newbie when it comes to the NBA/MLB Today stuff. So I'm a little confused on how this works, does it mean like the commentators will say things about the franchise your playing or just what happens in real life?
If you're in franchise, they will go off about your franchise stuff. Personally, I find that pretty boss... especially when there are so many splits and matchups you can get into.

# 10 Jamin23 @ 01/29/10 09:04 PM
Here's some gameplay videos of nba 2k10:

# 11 Jamin23 @ 01/29/10 09:19 PM
Here's one that really shows nba today because you can see the stat overlays:

# 12 bp4baseball @ 01/29/10 09:30 PM
I didn't have time to read the article, so maybe it said, but how does commentary update? I doubt they sit in a booth and record lines all year, so Im curious on how it updates with real life events.

All in all, this sounds like a very, very, cool feature

# 13 bigfnjoe96 @ 01/29/10 09:59 PM
Really wish they would have mentioned if they tighten-up the RTP.

# 14 Jamin23 @ 01/29/10 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
I would like to know this too.

# 15 Smitty730 @ 01/29/10 10:06 PM
This feature is revolutionizing the sports gaming industry. Those videos were fun to watch.

Does anyone know if real-time atmosphere is back? Seems like NBA 2K10 has it...

# 16 Knight165 @ 01/29/10 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
I didn't have time to read the article, so maybe it said, but how does commentary update? I doubt they sit in a booth and record lines all year, so Im curious on how it updates with real life events.

All in all, this sounds like a very, very, cool feature
It's scripted lines..that gets fit into what's happening within your franchise.
It's pretty good stuff.
Even with this...you hear some repeated commentary....but it is this kind of thing I love....dynamic to your franchise...incorporating events in "your world".
Very cool.

Heck...even with no manage only mode for 2K10...I might just do some GM stuff....and let the games go CPU vs. CPU to see how this franchise and MLB Today content works out.

Nice job!

M.K.
Knight165

# 17 SoxFan01605 @ 01/29/10 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
That has nothing to do with MLB Today though. I believe it was said there would be a presentation insight too, so I'd imagine it wold be covered there. I'm anxious to see what they've done with it too.

As for MLB Today, as I said in the other thread (the one Steve conveniently deleted) it's likely to be THE big non game-play feature to draw people in.

I LOVE how they mentioned they'd use so many splits and series, season, and matchup stats. I also really dug the overlays in that Longoria pic...really had a "live broadcast" feel. It's finally starting to look like a good old-fashioned VC sports game...which is never a bad thing. Let's just hope they did as well with the game play...then I think we'll all have plenty to be happy about this baseball gaming season!

# 18 Blzer @ 01/29/10 10:34 PM
Well in watching 20 seconds of that clip, I like what they're doing, but it sounded a bit slow and choppy. Reminded me of those voice messages left on my house phone when I'm reminded of a scheduled doctor appointment.

# 19 SoxFan01605 @ 01/29/10 10:43 PM
Quote:
Well in watching 20 seconds of that clip, I like what they're doing, but it sounded a bit slow and choppy. Reminded me of those voice messages left on my house phone when I'm reminded of a scheduled doctor appointment.
It varies with those guys. There are MUCH smoother transitions, etc.

I personally think the commentary (in terms of "flow") was much better in MLB 2K9 than the 2K basketball series...so I'm thinking MLB Today will less instances of that measured choppiness.

# 20 Eddie1967 @ 01/29/10 10:46 PM
This is a great addition to 2K baseball. I can't wait..........

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.