Home
MLB 10 News Post

Check out the latest batch of MLB '10: The Show screenshots.

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Braves Fan @ 02/04/10 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsman8669
I would like for everybody to look at the Braves pic.

Look at the digital clock.

Then look at the clock above the food court.

1:38 on both

Unbelievable.
What I find amazing about that pic is being able to tell who the RF'er is. There is no number, all you can see is the front of the jersey but it's as clear as day that's Matt Diaz going over to pick the ball up.

The player models look amazing, I don't know if I can wait another month.

# 62 Braves Fan @ 02/04/10 04:08 AM
Btw, we have one of the most active websites on scout.com. Our fanbase is very passionate, the fans in Atlanta give us a bad name. Most of our fans are from outside of Georgia. I live in North Carolina for example and follow them religiously, I never miss a game.

# 63 oakland89 @ 02/04/10 06:17 AM
I live in the metro Atlanta and can say that once AOL/Time Warner bought the Braves several years ago, the quality of product on the field was different from the Turner years. It seemed as if the level of committment to win was lacking from ownership, and the Braves organization was purely to make money. The budget was cut and the excitement left the stadium. I was watching a "greatest game" replay the other night on the MLB Network. I believe it was a late 90's game during a playoff game and observed the stadium half empty. Only in Atlanta does that occur (I say that angrily, because I remember the stadium over at Fulton County Stadium from 91-95). Sure most of the people in the stadium each night are from the Atlanta area, but I agree with above poster, alot of the stadium is filled up with out of town "folk". Atlanta residents follow whatever is hot in the moment. Pretty annoying actually.

# 64 Hitman3315 @ 02/04/10 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingTim
another minuscule detail complaint that demonstrates the greatness of The Show.

10 years ago gamers were saying things like, "I wish there were more than 5 different batting stances in the game" and "it sure would be great if you could tell who a player is by looking at their face"

it is amazing how far we have come.
Two other things actually with the Twins...

The first, which is very minor... Mauer always wears a throwback helmet at home...

Secondly... I mentioned this late yesterday, but that's last year's navy jersey with the old logo on the chest. The Twins tweaked everything jersey for 2010. The shot of Baker in that gallery is missing the Target Field patch and has the old left sleeve patch too.

# 65 Pared @ 02/04/10 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Actually I'm serious want to get some videos out I think withe the 30 plus shots that are out there everyone can form a pretty good opinion on how the game looks.

Now its time to show how the game looks in motion "Show Motion" that is.

P.S. dont' take this comment as an indicator of when video will be out. But we are working on it.
Ahhh... Show Motion! I'm still seeing it in my sleep!

# 66 BravesBoy @ 02/04/10 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpe1975
I would just like to go on record that I am a Braves fan and have not requested a picture of a cow, an enormous generic bottle of soda, a dalmation or a coke.
something that resembles a request.
Put me in this group. I could care less about the cow or the coke bottle either!!!! I'm the good braves fan lol

And i would never request a pic of them either..i'd rather see some Mets action pics then some coke bottle lol..

# 67 nemesis04 @ 02/04/10 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Ahhh... Show Motion! I'm still seeing it in my sleep!
S-h-o-w M-o-t-i-o-n!

# 68 jpup @ 02/04/10 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdurg
Again. SCEA has no control over that. They are mandated to use whatever the MLB Style Guide has indicated are the teams uniforms each year, no matter how blatantly wrong the guide may be. (SCEA is in a position where they have to follow the guide or they lose their license to include the MLB and its trademarks. The actual MLB teams have a bit more authority because the MLB itself can't just kick out a team because they aren't following their style guide).
He already stated that the style guide is correct, but the game is wrong. What's with that?

# 69 Knight165 @ 02/04/10 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpup
He already stated that the style guide is correct, but the game is wrong. What's with that?
Oh....yeah...let's listen to some random guy who says "I have my ways"(wink) over the guys who are making the game.
Excellent.

M.K.
Knight165

# 70 jpup @ 02/04/10 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Oh....yeah...let's listen to some random guy who says "I have my ways"(wink) over the guys who are making the game.
Excellent.

M.K.
Knight165
I have my reasons to believe him. Either way, it's not gonna change things this year. We can just post our corrections and hope whoever needs to do the correcting (MLB or Sony) does it.

# 71 Speedy @ 02/04/10 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Excellent.

M.K.
Knight165
You've been quite sarcastic lately! Too much Seinfeld?

# 72 smearz @ 02/04/10 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmitchell22
great screenshots. the only thing 2k10 has over The SHow at this point graphics wise are the way player bodies look
I don't know what you people that keep saying this are smoking. The player models in The Show look like actual athletes. In 2K, they all look like slightly gay uncles with large-***-and-thigh syndrome. Even the skinny ones. It's weird.

# 73 Hitman3315 @ 02/04/10 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
To be honest to have about the helmet thing. Does the other catcher on the team wear the same helmet as Mauer? And when you are in your 10th year of franchise and Mauer is long gone to bad knees, will that guy wear the old style too? I am sure they only have one choice for helmets for catcher. I could be wrong.
Redmond wore the same helmet this year...

Morales (other backup catcher) wore a hockey style mask. Again, not something that'll make or break the game... Just a cool detail that could be incorporated this year, especially since Mauer is on the cover.

# 74 Pared @ 02/04/10 03:59 PM
Can we stop the back and forth about each game's player models there? Doesn't need to go any further. This isn't the thread nor the forum for it.

Thanks.

# 75 andybaseball2005 @ 02/04/10 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdurg
Again. SCEA has no control over that. They are mandated to use whatever the MLB Style Guide has indicated are the teams uniforms each year, no matter how blatantly wrong the guide may be. (SCEA is in a position where they have to follow the guide or they lose their license to include the MLB and its trademarks. The actual MLB teams have a bit more authority because the MLB itself can't just kick out a team because they aren't following their style guide).
Yea for the helmet they may be mandated to use the MLB Style Guide. For the mask itself i don't think they are. Some teams catchers have the correct ones. Kurt Suzuki(Oakland), Mike Napoli(Angels), Iannetta(Rockies), All of those guys have the correct colored old style mask.

# 76 tazbk @ 02/04/10 10:43 PM
MY hype meter is at an all-time high. Good grief I can't wait for this.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.