Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post

Gamespot has posted a Q&A session with Omar Kendall, Designer of UFC Undisputed 2010.

Quote:
Gamespot: "What were the top priorities with this year's game?"

Omar: "The top priority with UFC Undisputed 2010 is a continued march toward being perceived as, "As Real as It Gets." We're constantly tinkering with game systems, graphics, and modes to ensure we deliver the experience our fans deserve.

One example of this is the revision of our fighting technique system and the introduction of the fight camp concept to our Career mode. In UFC 2009 Undisputed, players chose a striking technique and a grappling technique at the beginning of their careers and then worked exclusively on leveling those two techniques. This year, players will be able to visit fight camps and work on individual moves that they want to improve on or add to their arsenal. For example, if players want to strengthen their guillotine choke or learn something more esoteric like a Peruvian Neck Tie, they'd go to a fight camp and work on it. Afterward, they'd be free to go learn something else from another fight camp, like a judo throw or a special takedown."

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Stumbleweed @ 02/05/10 11:49 AM
Yeah I really liked that format as opposed to the created guys.. the draft and all that. Depending on what they do with the tourneys, that should be a really nice way to do it as well.

# 22 TheShizNo1 @ 02/05/10 11:56 AM
I want in I want in

# 23 Phobia @ 02/05/10 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
That league we had going with 09 came out was so much fun. I really enjoyed the concept of everyone having their group of fighters and meeting up once a week to get it in. I'm not sure how it fizzled out exactly, but it was good times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Yeah I really liked that format as opposed to the created guys.. the draft and all that. Depending on what they do with the tourneys, that should be a really nice way to do it as well.
It fizzled out cause of lack of a leader board if I remember correctly. That was when I created the created fighter MMO type where I would do the scheduling and put together cards and all that jazz.

This UFC is going to be epic. Everything I want sounds like it is making its way in. I might even hold off on EA MMA because UFC 2010 will hold me over for just as long as ufc 2009 has. Almost a year now and still playing regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I want in I want in
I will create the fight camp the day the game is released and start sending invites out to join the camp.

Off hand I have a group I know for sure already.
Pappy
Stumble
Shiz
Cyros
Meth
DJ
Timmay
Darlon
Boxboy
Phillmatic
Scoop
Longhorn

# 24 LingeringRegime @ 02/05/10 01:11 PM
Yeah, that shine **** sucks. There are people out there, that treat their controllers like ****, and will win as a result. While, I treat mine well and will lose.

Also, they had better take that fatigue bar out of online matches. At least give the option of removing for the host user.

That ruined the experience for me, when other guys would cheat by using that damn thing.

# 25 Parasight @ 02/05/10 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
That league we had going with 09 came out was so much fun. I really enjoyed the concept of everyone having their group of fighters and meeting up once a week to get it in. I'm not sure how it fizzled out exactly, but it was good times.
Absolutely. I bowed out when you guys transitioned to the CAF League, because of the way CAF functions online (people rated 119, CAF glitch, etc.). But I'm definitely down for whatever, when the game comes out.

# 26 Phobia @ 02/05/10 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Yeah, that shine **** sucks. There are people out there, that treat their controllers like ****, and will win as a result. While, I treat mine well and will lose.

Also, they had better take that fatigue bar out of online matches. At least give the option of removing for the host user.

That ruined the experience for me, when other guys would cheat by using that damn thing.
While I agree with having it OFF or a option. I don't see it as cheating.

1) In real life you can feel how tired you are. The bar shows you that, gives you a idea of how tired you are.

2)They should do like fight night, where you can see only YOUR bar. Not the opponents. This is a two fold thing. It still gives the impression of not knowing when to go for a sub on someone but also gives you a bearing of just how tired your guy is.

# 27 Phobia @ 02/05/10 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasight
Absolutely. I bowed out when you guys transitioned to the CAF League, because of the way CAF functions online (people rated 119, CAF glitch, etc.). But I'm definitely down for whatever, when the game comes out.
But we never used created fighters in that sense. They all had to be created using the standard point system. Which meant you saw no one rated higher than I think 83.

# 28 Parasight @ 02/05/10 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
But we never used created fighters in that sense. They all had to be created using the standard point system. Which meant you saw no one rated higher than I think 83.
Oh that's right, sorry I was thinking about Undisputed Online. I guess I kinda just fizzled out of the OS league. Nonetheless, I'm down for whatever this year (finally got a working headset).

# 29 Phobia @ 02/05/10 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasight
Oh that's right, sorry I was thinking about Undisputed Online. I guess I kinda just fizzled out of the OS league. Nonetheless, I'm down for whatever this year (finally got a working headset).
Cool Para, I will make sure to send you a camp invite

# 30 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/05/10 02:10 PM
I've been playing 2009 for the ps3 and I'm def going to have to get it for the 360. I thought I broke my analog stick last night trying to get out of Mir's arm bar.

I'm really look forward to 2010, should def be an awesome game.

# 31 Phobia @ 02/05/10 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
I'm on right now if you want to go.
Damn MC I am at work. This weekend will be tough since it is our first Superbowl. Going to be a long weekend of getting trashed. I will hit you up one day for some scrims though.

# 32 Money99 @ 02/05/10 02:43 PM
Quote:
OK: We'll be talking a lot more about our Career mode experience later this year, but what we can say is that we've put a lot of time and effort into making this mode an even more enriching and authentic experience for players. For example, an element we felt was missing from last year's Career mode was the sense of investment in a fighter and each of his fights. We've included several new features to help build up each fight and give them more meaning. An example of this is a new system we've added called "Game Is Watching You." The GIWY system tracks everything players are doing during the fighter's career and reflects it through commentary during fights. Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg will reference the fighter's previous fights, his training partners, titles held, and other things he does during his career. Opponents will also take notice of performances and adjust their fight styles and strategies to counter strengths and take advantage of weaknesses. We're excited at the progress we've made to this year's Career mode over last year's [mode] and will release more information down the line.
I LOVE THIS!
I really hope the guys from the Fight Night team read this.

Great stuff!

# 33 NYG_Meth @ 02/05/10 03:16 PM
Quote:
Oh yea we gonna do that for sure. Meth where you at????

Speaking of which if anyone wants to go at it in 2009 let me know . I am still playing.
Just read the preview. I'm so wet right now. I'll be in camp for sure.

I know they said something about customizing your pre and post-fight outfits. I wonder if we can create our own logos to use...

# 34 Phobia @ 02/05/10 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
Just read the preview. I'm so wet right now. I'll be in camp for sure.

I know they said something about customizing your pre and post-fight outfits. I wonder if we can create our own logos to use...
I wonder if ring entrances will be in?

# 35 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/05/10 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
I'm so wet right now.
This just made my day!

# 36 Vast @ 02/05/10 10:12 PM
Count me in for the OS fight camp Phobia.

# 37 aholbert32 @ 02/05/10 10:18 PM
Quote:
I wonder if ring entrances will be in?

I would love to see this even if there are just a few generic ones.

# 38 DueceDiggla @ 02/05/10 11:10 PM
I'm a huge UFC fan, but that game got old very fast for me. There were just some things in the game that I couldn't over look, and I'm sure they'll still be in the new one.

# 39 BSanders @ 02/06/10 01:22 AM
Quote:
We've added several new modes this year, including a Title and Title Defense mode, as well as a Tournament mode. In addition, our Classic Fights mode will return with some substantial changes. We'll be releasing more info about all of these modes later this year.
I hope we finally get cpu vs cpu this year. Thanks for the link.

# 40 jb12780 @ 02/06/10 02:23 PM
One thing i didnt notice that was disappointing was the UFC logo on the fight trunks. Get rid of it!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.