Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

Gameinformer has posted a very detailed live journal on Major League Baseball 2K10.

Quote:
"In the skill point menu, new sections have been added for my pitch types. For instance, I can now spend points on my curveball's speed, control, and movement. One nice really touch is having individual skill points rewarded for pitching, fielding, baserunning, and batting. Unlike MLB: The Show, you won't have to needlessly spend pitching points on drag bunting. It looks like I'll earn bunting points for laying down bunts, and fielding points for actually playing my position. Nice."

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Blzer @ 02/05/10 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigsca
Absolutely. Changing the difficulty on a baseball game should do two things:

1) Increase or decrease the window of a perfectly hit ball when batting.

2) Increase of decrease the window of a perfectly thrown ball when pitching.

That's it.

It should not effect the fielders and make them into a bunch of rejects from the Bad News Bears. This Is MLB2k10, not Challenger Division Baseball 2K10.
I think all it should be is a preset for some sliders. So if say Legend was a set of sliders that are jacked up for the AI and drained for the user, if you go onto Rookie and then jack up AI sliders and drain user sliders, you should essentially be playing on Legend. No idiotic baseball playing along with it. That's exactly what I was talking about with 2K having their default so dumbed down for us. This is old news.

I hope that makes sense.

# 82 HK-47 @ 02/05/10 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I'm not buying it. Lower difficulty usually means the gameplay experience is authentic on any level, but the abilities of the CPU players are muted on the lower levels.

They should still make the proper switch, it should just mean the player they did pick wouldn't be as effective as on a higher level.

If you play easy on Madden they don't start third string QB's to take it easy on you.

This is a legitimate concern for any sports gamer.

Then play on a higher difficulty. No one is going to force you to play on pro.

# 83 Woodweaver @ 02/05/10 07:29 PM
[quote=bigfnjoe96;2040713584]Come on people. Obviously the writer of the blog really has no clue on what's he's doing, hence making it the developer's fault as usual.

Boy the hate for this series is stronger than Darth Vader's hate towards the empire..[/quote]

LOL,

I should slap you with the force for this statement (DV was the emperor's "right hand"), but my nerdy little force hand would probably just make you laugh.

# 84 jeffy777 @ 02/05/10 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatgamer
I really wish he would post something from a game using MLB teams instead of this fairytale my player stuff. I don't get how guys can come on sites like this swearing they are Sim but be in love with this my player crap. Hopefully he posts something from a legitimate game, pics included.
Then you should request that in his blog comments. He responds to just about everything in his comments and he seems pretty open to questions.

EDIT:

Just noticed he added this to the last page:

Quote:
For those of you asking, this journal is primarily to explore My Player. If I get the blessing from 2K, I'll dive into the other modes, and hopefully record an HD video of gameplay.

# 85 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/05/10 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
LOL,

I should slap you with the force for this statement (DV was the emperor's "right hand"), but my nerdy little force hand would probably just make you laugh.

# 86 Woodweaver @ 02/05/10 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Sounds good. I like that the CPU was aggressive & tried to steal 3rd. Sounds like the AI has been tweaked in a lot of areas. All-Star seems like it will be challenging this year.

The interface & on-screen displays look much more pleasing to the eye then they did last year. The graphics are what they are. VC needs to invest in a new Graphics Engine IMO.

It really looks like the Lighting Engine is gonna be something to watch this year. Though you can't see much, the shadowing here looks nice

Can't wait to see game play action

# 87 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/05/10 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver

# 88 Craigsca @ 02/05/10 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I don't see that as an issue as you can control your runners by "advancing all."

AI doesn't work like that. We all know that. It's not like they look at the code and say, "Ok code, you make yourself into a baseball game and do it with a smile."

It's what makes video games what they are. If you are playing on pro or rookie, expect silly things. I think what separates some of these devs from each other is the ability to raise the difficulty without making weird things happen.
I have no idea what you're talking about here. AI doesn't work like that? It CAN work like that. And yes, there ARE sports games out there that play like that.

# 89 PVarck31 @ 02/06/10 01:33 AM
I really like the fact that he says it feels like a whole new game compared to 2k9.

# 90 brendanrfoley @ 02/06/10 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Informer
Outside of what I've listed, it feels polished. The pitching mechanic is beautifully implemented this year, and batting is amazing.
I saw this buried in the comments; Reiner seems impressed.

# 91 Artman22 @ 02/06/10 02:36 AM
Damn everything is sounding pretty good. I'm a bit excited after reading the dude's overall impression of the game.

# 92 ckarlic @ 02/07/10 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan203
Loved that pic as well. Pretty much every single thing on that screen looks a lot better than 2k9 did.
I agree. I like the way this game is shaping up. So far, I can see my summer being a blur with MLB 10 The Show and MLB 2k10 taking up all my time

# 93 duke776 @ 02/11/10 10:03 PM
He's been cleared to post about franchise mode. He's going to start that tomorrow, this is good news for me because I'm much more interested in what franchise mode has to offer(and see if there's any major bugs like last year).

# 94 rock85 @ 02/11/10 10:30 PM
Good stuff, cant wait to hear about the franchise mode tomorrow maybe he can throw in a vid or two

# 95 Checmate101 @ 02/12/10 08:17 AM
Yeah, me also....Now he get to play with the pros instead of AA teams. Hope they play smarter.

# 96 AustinOrgans @ 02/12/10 10:01 AM
I want to know why he's pitching complete games with his AA starter! And why the AI manager is allowing him to do so!

# 97 KeMiKaL @ 02/12/10 10:11 AM
guyz, once he moved the difficulty up, he said that the computer was more selective at the plate, therefore there was a battle.

i believe with the right sliders, the balls to strikes ratio will be fine. i also think he should have played on a high difficulty from the beginning ( i guess he just got the game..)

# 98 nld230 @ 02/12/10 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan203
I doubt he was trying to play realistic baseball. Pretty obvious that he was throwing mainly strikes so batters were making contact early in the count, therefor the low pitch count.

Nothing to be concerned about in my opinion.

That's still a major problem, imo. It was a 2-1 ball game. Throwing to that much contact should produce more runs.

# 99 SoxFan01605 @ 02/12/10 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nld230
That's still a major problem, imo. It was a 2-1 ball game. Throwing to that much contact should produce more runs.
Not necessarily. There are plenty of guys in the MLB who "pitch to contact." As long as he's not lobbing them over the plate and actually trying to work the corners, the results are acceptable...especially considering he's pitching in the minors.

While these can be fun to read and follow along with to find out if he runs across anything either crazy glitchy or really exciting, I wouldn't pin all your hopes or worries on anything that comes from this. Everyone plays differently and you won't truly be able to gauge details until you experience it for yourself.

# 100 KeMiKaL @ 02/12/10 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nld230
not true at all. it all depends on what type of pitches he was throwing, and the location.

as the poster said above me... some pitchers pitch for contact ( ground balls, pop flys...)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.