MLB 10 News Post

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 bcruise @ 02/06/10 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
I must have been playing a different game, but I have never seen push down the L3 and get "pitch info" I know you can get swing analysis but not "pitch". Press L3 to get Pitch analysis, you will have to show me where I could do this for pitch and not swing.
See my edit...I just misread. There was no pitch info last year.

# 42 JermaineDye05 @ 02/06/10 01:18 AM
Just a minor criticism here...

After the batter hit what looked like a homerun, the bat disappeared out of his hands.

# 43 PLite14 @ 02/06/10 01:22 AM
playing the devil's advocate:

Is it true that Mauer's routine isn't current in that video? I hope so because as someone mentioned before, the way his wrist moved before his at bat looked very strange.

The game looks truly unbelievable, and it looks like something has been done with the pitching motions, but as some have said before, the ball looks kind of weird as it leaves the pitchers hand.

Other than that, I really can't wait to see Wrigley during the day. It is gonna look jaw-dropping with the new lighting.

# 44 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/06/10 01:29 AM
My fiancé just asked me was that a video game. I said yes! She was like, WOW, now that looks real!!!

# 45 FindingTim @ 02/06/10 01:29 AM
the game looks great. i cant wait to see a panned out view of Target Field. Hardy's foul ball was the most I have seen of the left side.

I hope the previews really start rolling in.

my only complaint is how quick the camera switches once it connects with the bat. maybe i'll get used to it?

overall, I am very pleased... and with the signing of Hudson, Thome and the new ballpark, I am starting to consider the Twins as the team for my franchise.

# 46 pdawg17 @ 02/06/10 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLite14
The game looks truly unbelievable, and it looks like something has been done with the pitching motions, but as some have said before, the ball looks kind of weird as it leaves the pitchers hand.
I immediately noticed the same thing...I can't pinpoint what it is but the ball does come out of the pitchers' hands a little strangely...

# 47 Eman5805 @ 02/06/10 01:30 AM
Quote:

Is it true that Mauer's routine isn't current in that video? I hope so because as someone mentioned before, the way his wrist moved before his at bat looked very strange.

A couple things I wanna add about this...

I can remember a few animations where the batters wrists do weird things like that from last year. I hope most of them have been fixed. It's like what our wrists would move like if our arms couldn't rotate below the elbow.

The thing is you really get a sense for how hard a pitch is thrown in the Japanese baseball game vids that have been circulating. The snap of the ball out the hand just isn't quite there for some pitchers.

Anyway, being the stickler for tiny lil' nuances in animations, that I am. pretty cool to see Verlander catch the ball over his shoulder all nonchalant like that.

# 48 Chris_SCEA_Sports @ 02/06/10 01:35 AM
Quote:

Is it true that Mauer's routine isn't current in that video?
That is indeed true....but his animations will be in the shipping game.

Chris

# 49 Eman5805 @ 02/06/10 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
lol, if you say so. I see a game that looks so real I am shocked it is a video game.
Pump those breaks, playa.

Don't get me wrong. The game looks Fantastic, with a capital "F". I was floored when I saw the first gameplay vids of Granderson stepping into the box in the "Broken Bats Gameplay" on Gametrailers a few weeks ago and I had to replay it a couple times to remind myself that it wasn't the real thing.

Anytime the only gripe I can have is what a player's wrist does in a practice swing or the exact way the ball comes out certain pitcher's (as in not every single one) hands, that's a really good thing. A really, really good thing.

# 50 Shakedowncapo @ 02/06/10 01:46 AM
When you guys say Mauer's routine...Do you mean his stance? I thought MLB 09 had his perfect.

# 51 JermaineDye05 @ 02/06/10 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I didn't see that. I saw him drop the bat shortly after hitting the ball.
Ha you might be right. In my defense I had my contacts out at the time.

# 52 Chris_SCEA_Sports @ 02/06/10 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
It's like what our wrists would move like if our arms couldn't rotate below the elbow.
Or, it's like having a bat super-glued to your hand at one angle, and having to rotate your wrist all the way down and around to have the bat touch the ground, because you couldn't animate the bat, or the fingers, because your animation would be way too large for the PS2 buffer, so you had to wait for the increased memory on the PS3 to solve both of those problems, but you haven't had the time to go back and fix all of the older animations yet because you were adding more game play and presentation animations into the game then you ever had in any previous year as well as redoing many of the older personal animations and adding new ones...and writing incredibly long run-on sentences here on OS at 10:52pm on a Friday night in your office. Or something like that.

Chris

# 53 Boozers @ 02/06/10 01:53 AM
awesome stuff

# 54 PLite14 @ 02/06/10 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SCEA_Sports

Chris
Thanks for confirming that. I thought if not, it might be patched later (like Ryan Howard's was in 08).

Also, I know I speak for everyone when I say thank you for your tireless work on The Show and listening to what we have to say. The time you guys put in makes it worth every penny.

# 55 Chris_SCEA_Sports @ 02/06/10 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
When you guys say Mauer's routine...Do you mean his stance? I thought MLB 09 had his perfect.
Hopefully you will like this years version better, since it will actually be him. His "routine" includes a his walkup, stance, stride, pre-pitch practice(?) swing, take pitch, miss, take-pitch strike, HR, uhm...I think that's it.

Chris

# 56 Shakedowncapo @ 02/06/10 01:57 AM
Chris, you don't have to explain anything to me man..I got all the faith in your guys tireless work.

I appreciate the response back.

# 57 PLite14 @ 02/06/10 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Chris, you don't have to explain anything to me man..I got all the faith in your guys tireless work.

I appreciate the response back.
It's probably good that he did, or people would jump down his throat saying the devs don't care because they haven't changed it yet.

# 58 bukktown @ 02/06/10 02:11 AM
Quote:

Chris
Cool. Did you guys get any Joe Mauer's rap songs in the game?

# 59 Eman5805 @ 02/06/10 02:15 AM
Quote:
Or, it's like having a bat super-glued to your hand at one angle, and having to rotate your wrist all the way down and around to have the bat touch the ground, because you couldn't animate the bat, or the fingers, because your animation would be way too large for the PS2 buffer, so you had to wait for the increased memory on the PS3 to solve both of those problems, but you haven't had the time to go back and fix all of the older animations yet because you were adding more game play and presentation animations into the game then you ever had in any previous year as well as redoing many of the older personal animations and adding new ones...and writing incredibly long run-on sentences here on OS at 10:52pm on a Friday night in your office. Or something like that.

Chris
I've...been emasculated...

I need to go lie down now...

*chants to self*

Just shut up and enjoy The Show. Just shut up and enjoy The Show. Just shot up and enjoy The Show...

# 60 Chris_SCEA_Sports @ 02/06/10 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
I've...been emasculated...

I need to go lie down now...

*chants to self*

Just shut up and enjoy The Show. Just shut up and enjoy The Show. Just shot up and enjoy The Show...
Haha! Not at all! I was just giving a little dev insight!

Enjoy the game!

Chris

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.