Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Bloomberg has the scoop.

Quote:
"Electronic Arts Inc. will introduce “Madden NFL” on Facebook Inc., bringing the video game to the social networking site’s 400 million users, said Peter Moore, president of EA Sports.

“We have to make ‘Madden’ more accessible,” Moore said today in an interview with Bloomberg Television. “You’ll see us on Facebook going forward."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 seriousluboy83 @ 02/07/10 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
You stated that the focus of EA isn't to get Madden right based on them putting out a Facebook app. That is misinformation, as they have nothing to do with each other.

So you stating you're not a fan of apps in general has NOTHING to do with your initial statement. But I am glad I could be of service to you in your backtracking.

I love the bashers in the Madden forum. It's been a real treat to so easily dissect the posts and show the real agendas that are abound these days.
I don't like the idea...plain and simple...no agenda needed

# 22 jimmy_007 @ 02/07/10 11:22 AM
Looking forward to this. A head coach/be a gm mode with the ability to improve stadium facilities and change ticket prices etc would be awesome. I'd be happy with a turn-based mini game where I could play against my friends by choosing plays and seeing how they went.

# 23 Millennium @ 02/07/10 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
You and Valdarez were right why waste the resources if there not committee to get the game right.If they can hire the people for facebook why not add them to the madden team?
The resources for the console team are not the resources for the facebook app. I'm not sure why you guys can't comprehend that.

# 24 seriousluboy83 @ 02/07/10 12:25 PM
Quote:
The resources for the console team are not the resources for the facebook app. I'm not sure why you guys can't comprehend that.

It's not that we don't comprehend that point...but why give resources to build on another venue when the main attraction isn't complete...i know this FB app is a small thing but it does take away from the main scheme or what should be the main scheme which is the console versions...the best outcome of this topic is to agree to disagree which i can live with

# 25 Rocky @ 02/07/10 12:29 PM
Meh, another money grab for the console version losing sales (ie Ultimate Team).

If it was free (like TSB roms) fine. But the fact that their putting out so many other things that I have to pay for while there is so much wrong with the original game puts a bad taste in my mouth.

# 26 djordan @ 02/07/10 12:30 PM
I have no problem with this..... This will actually help more people communicate about the Madden game across the web.

# 27 Millennium @ 02/07/10 12:49 PM
What if they already have a full staff for the console? What if "too many cooks in the kitchen" make things work slower?

You guys have to realize - they can only have so many people work on any one facet of the game before they are working against each other. You don't know their staff, so stop trying to pretend you do.

# 28 kehlis @ 02/07/10 12:53 PM
Quote:
What if they already have a full staff for the console? What if "too many cooks in the kitchen" make things work slower?

You guys have to realize - they can only have so many people work on any one facet of the game before they are working against each other. You don't know their staff, so stop trying to pretend you do.
Plus its more than likely the team that will be used to complete this app is the same team that does the one for Tiger, NBA or whatever other games EA has. The only time this is taking away from is doing something like this for another EA game.

I doubt they went out and hired completely new employees to do this one and done game for them, that wouldn't make any sense.

# 29 roadman @ 02/07/10 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Plus its more than likely the team that will be used to complete this app is the same team that does the one for Tiger, NBA or whatever other games EA has. The only time this is taking away from is doing something like this for another EA game.

I doubt they went out and hired completely new employees to do this one and done game for them, that wouldn't make any sense.
Especially when they laid off hundreds of workers in the fall.

# 30 CreatineKasey @ 02/07/10 01:16 PM
There would be diminishing return for EA if they put more staff into Madden's console version. It's smart for them to branch out to other media. If they make a "Quick Hit Football" with NFL teams, I'd play for sure.

# 31 roadman @ 02/07/10 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Meh, another money grab for the console version losing sales (ie Ultimate Team).

If it was free (like TSB roms) fine. But the fact that their putting out so many other things that I have to pay for while there is so much wrong with the original game puts a bad taste in my mouth.
I don't think you have to purchase other FB applications, so, I think this one would be free.

I'm not against companies reaching out to more consumers, offering something for free in order to have them purchase a console game.

We are doing in that in the organization I'm running. It's a non-profit organization where we have paying members. We were all hit hard by the economy, so, we offered our members free programs throughout the year, hoping they would remember us when we have a regional conference.

It's not a bad business practice and EA is in business to make money, just like any other company trying to survive.

# 32 Millennium @ 02/07/10 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
Do you know how many people on the staff?There games made with over 500 people on their staff.So how do you know if people will step on each other toes?(That why they have mangers.)Hireing a few people to help with the animation department are a few in gameplay won't hurt the game.
But I'm not trying to prove or disprove it. You guys are saying not to put resources to it instead of the console. You guys don't know if that is what they are doing. You don't know their staff. You don't know anything, and neither do I.

So you can't say they are wasting resources.

# 33 seriousluboy83 @ 02/07/10 02:03 PM
Quote:
But I'm not trying to prove or disprove it. You guys are saying not to put resources to it instead of the console. You guys don't know if that is what they are doing. You don't know their staff. You don't know anything, and neither do I.

So you can't say they are wasting resources.

And you can't say that they aren't wasting resources...we're all in the dark...like i said eariler agree to disagree would be the best solution for this topic...everyone has valid points but neither of us are on the staff as you say so all this speculation can go to the grave...either you like the move or you don't plain and simple...

# 34 roadman @ 02/07/10 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
And you can't say that they aren't wasting resources...we're all in the dark...like i said eariler agree to disagree would be the best solution for this topic...everyone has valid points but neither of us are on the staff as you say so all this speculation can go to the grave...either you like the move or you don't plain and simple...
And it would have been much easier if you said that in your first post because now I agree with you.

It doesn't bother me one way or another.

# 35 Rocky @ 02/07/10 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't think you have to purchase other FB applications, so, I think this one would be free.

I'm not against companies reaching out to more consumers, offering something for free in order to have them purchase a console game.

We are doing in that in the organization I'm running. It's a non-profit organization where we have paying members. We were all hit hard by the economy, so, we offered our members free programs throughout the year, hoping they would remember us when we have a regional conference.

It's not a bad business practice and EA is in business to make money, just like any other company trying to survive.
I believe they alluded that you would have to pay in the link. Even if it was initially free, they would likely add on some feature that you would have to pay for (which made me livid in Ultimate Team).

More importantly, I'm concerned about the direction of the series. They think these add ons, etc. will make the game more accessible...therefore increase the sales. I couldn't disagree more. In comparison to games like COD, GTA, Mass Effect and to a lesser extent The Show, FIFA, and NBA2K, Madden doesn't look, move, or sound realistic. They need to work on that the most.

# 36 roadman @ 02/07/10 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I believe they alluded that you would have to pay in the link. Even if it was initially free, they would likely add on some feature that you would have to pay for (which made me livid in Ultimate Team).

More importantly, I'm concerned about the direction of the series. They think these add ons, etc. will make the game more accessible...therefore increase the sales. I couldn't disagree more. In comparison to games like COD, GTA, Mass Effect and to a lesser extent The Show, FIFA, and NBA2K, Madden doesn't look, move, or sound realistic. They need to work on that the most.
Games played on social networks such as Facebook and News Corp.’s MySpace are free. The makers of the titles generate revenue by selling virtual goods, such as a tractor in Zynga Inc.’s “FarmVille,” that help players advance. Sales within the games are projected to reach more than $2 billion by 2012

Yeah, it looks like it would be initially free and then some add-ons would cost money. That is when I would bow out, if I was ever interested in the first place. To me, it doesn't bother me one way or the other. I not aware of how the Madden origanization flow chart works and neither does anyone else. If they didn't need to move manpower from Madden to FB, who cares?

# 37 Mr. Franchise @ 02/07/10 04:03 PM
GOOD JOB EA. smh

# 38 oneamongthefence @ 02/07/10 06:11 PM
Turn based would be cool and have some in between game options. Or maybe integrate it with online franchise.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.