Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

2K Sports has posted two more Major League Baseball 2K10 Developer Insights today. Here is Part I, which includes gameplay video.

Quote:
"My name is Sean Bailey and I am a gameplay designer on Major League Baseball® 2K10. I want to share with you a quote straight from the white board in my office. Hall of Fame pitcher Warren Spahn once said, “Hitting is timing. Pitching is upsetting timing.” After winning more games than any left-handed pitcher in baseball history, Mr. Spahn is as well versed as anyone when it comes to the battle at the plate between a pitcher and a hitter. In Major League Baseball® 2K10, we have provided an experience where the gamer will really feel the benefits and challenges of upsetting timing, as Warren Spahn so eloquently put it decades ago."

Part II is right here.

Quote:
"Now, I know what you are thinking… if this is so realistic, then why have I read from recent previews that there might not be a check swing in Major League Baseball® 2K10? Before we get into check-swing talk, let me clarify that the check-swing is in fact part of an upcoming patch. Pulling back on the right stick will play a check swing if you previously committed to a power swing or contact swing. Flicking up to contact swing and then pulling down will stop the contact swing. A power swing is performed by pulling down and then flicking up, as mentioned above. However, if you pull the right stick down back towards you after starting a power swing, that too will result in a check swing. This implementation of check-swinging makes it impossible to do one by accident. Pulling down on right stick = check swing. Never again will you have to ask “Why the heck did he check swing?!?!?” before contemplating launching a controller across the room. It also makes it easier to trigger when you actually want a check swing to play."

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 JT30 @ 02/14/10 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
It's a little thing, but it makes the game that more authentic. It says Western Metal Supply in the show and it is part of the stadium, so they should have permission to use it. Plus I think it said it in previous versions of the game.
Of all the issues with the game, you are worried about this?

# 82 Jamin23 @ 02/14/10 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30
Of all the issues with the game, you are worried about this?
I'm not worried. It's a small issue that could easily be fixed. I never did say that it is going to ruin the game or that it was the biggest issue.

# 83 Blzer @ 02/14/10 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
I'm not worried. It's a small issue that could easily be fixed. I never did say that it is going to ruin the game or that it was the biggest issue.
As kxciv said, it's not so much a "fix" as it is a permission agreement. If they could use it, they would.

# 84 Jamin23 @ 02/14/10 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
As kxciv said, it's not so much a "fix" as it is a permission agreement. If they could use it, they would.
As I said it's such a small thing and really shouldn't be complaining about it. All I want is authentic stadiums, which from what I have seen look great, but it should be the least of my worries.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.