Home
MLB 10 News Post

Here are some more OS exclusive screenshots from MLB '10: The Show.

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Otto Kretschmer @ 02/08/10 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLite14
I don't get what this means. Are you trying to say that this doesn't happen in real life? If so, you are WRONG.

Anyway, screens look great. Thanks Russell
you got proof

# 42 green94 @ 02/08/10 06:50 PM
OMG the Coke Bottle and Dalmatian in ONE PICTURE.

My life is complete.

Sarcasm Ramone.... thanks for the pics, much appreciated!!

# 43 PLite14 @ 02/08/10 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Kretschmer
you got proof
lol, you and I both know we've seen it before in a major league game. It doesn't happened often, but it happens.

# 44 BravesBoy @ 02/08/10 06:53 PM
Never realized we had so many Braves haters on the OS forum!!

# 45 countryboy @ 02/08/10 06:53 PM
Quote:
I don't get what this means. Are you trying to say that this doesn't happen in real life? If so, you are WRONG.

Anyway, screens look great. Thanks Russell
Quote:
you got proof
What are you guys talking about?

# 46 JermaineDye05 @ 02/08/10 06:56 PM
Now that the Braves fans got their request. How about a White Sox one?

Could we get a picture of Gordon Beckham's hair? That would be tops. Although that could be tough since the server might crash at the sheer awesomeness of that do.

If you can't tell already, I'm being facetious. Very nice screen shots. Can't wait for March 2nd.

# 47 PLite14 @ 02/08/10 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
What are you guys talking about?
The first screenshot where Hanley Ramirez takes out Yunel Escobar and he winds up flipping over. He says that this doesn't happen in real life.

# 48 Doormat @ 02/08/10 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vols bravesfan
Are you serious?
Didn't notice it was Granderson 'till I saw he was near Center Field

# 49 green94 @ 02/08/10 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesBoy
Never realized we had so many Braves haters on the OS forum!!
Were you here for the Community day thread? If not, go re-read it.

# 50 cnelly4 @ 02/08/10 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetercanoturn2
Well Braves fans got their Coke Bottle and Dalmation. Unfortunately thanks to licensing issues, it's too generic. The Coke bottle is the old one, I was told it was updated in July. And the Dalmation just looks funky and out of place, it shouldn't be that big and it's made of porcelain, maybe it's the screenshot, but it looks like a blow up doll. But what can you do, it's unfortunate SCEA doesn't have the rights to play with so they could get Chik-fila sponsored in their game.

Sorry I had to get out of the way, I'm being critical because I'm a big stadium guy, and we all want them to be as authentic as possible. Everything else is outstanding!! The Yankees pic is so beautiful. Are those actual LCD tv's on the wall? Amazing attention to detail. I noticed they updated the 367' sign in center too, awesome job by SCEA to change it.

My favorite pic is the one with Stewart, the sky is incredible, it has a West coast look to it, I can't really explain it. Same with Turner Field, that looks like a Summer sky in Georgia, just awesome stuff. Thanks Russ...

I agree with this! That picture looks amazing with the sky. It is not just a dark black, but it looks like the sun is just setting. Adds so much!

# 51 BravesBoy @ 02/08/10 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
Were you here for the Community day thread? If not, go re-read it.
haha, i know it. i was jokin.. they're what i like to call the "other braves" lol, they were pretty set on that damn cow/coke bottle!!! but hey that got it in the game, so props to em lol...

# 52 cnelly4 @ 02/08/10 07:12 PM
Russell-

One more thing. I work in the tall building that you can just see in the Target Field pic on the right. I work on the second floor from the top and I have a "This is Twins Territory" sign in my window, but I do not see it in the pic. If you could add this and the hot blonde that works in the office next to me that would be great. Thanks!!

# 53 Otto Kretschmer @ 02/08/10 07:12 PM
Quote:
The first screenshot where Hanley Ramirez takes out Yunel Escobar and he winds up flipping over. He says that this doesn't happen in real life.
PLite14 have you ever been arrested.

# 54 Blzer @ 02/08/10 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnelly4
I agree with this! That picture looks amazing with the sky. It is not just a dark black, but it looks like the sun is just setting. Adds so much!
I love it, but it still has that grayish look to it like they had last year. I wish they were going to go the route of making the sky go a darker blue until it hits black (like you normally see in real life).

But as long as they added a couple of more "skies" along with the ones that they already have to help smooth out the transition, I think that's more important. We'll see.

# 55 Senor_Herbatron @ 02/08/10 07:23 PM
Thank you Russ. I know it's not McCutchen but Maholm will do!!!!

# 56 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/08/10 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
I think this was fixed prior to us seeing the released trailer. But, it's fixed regardless.

I agree with this.

On another note...

What the heck is a "west coast sky"?

I have been east to west and the sky looked the same to me, I only noticed a difference in deep woods of northern Maine where you can actually see the milky way at night from the lack of light pollution.

# 57 PLite14 @ 02/08/10 07:26 PM
Quote:
PLite14 have you ever been arrested.
?????
What is that supposed to mean?

I thought this thread was for discussing The Show screenshots. I don't really like the fact that you've gotten personal with me.

# 58 Blzer @ 02/08/10 07:27 PM
Quote:
Yea Blzer your from the West Coast right? Doesn't that look like a west coast sky, so you know what I mean? It's hard to explain. I love it though and i love the lighting the signs give off. The LCD Ribbon is awesome, just little things like that add up. CNell I feel you it has kind of a dark blue hue and like I said up there it gives off that certain look to a west coast sky.
"West coast sky"? Haha well I feel like all skies are probably the same, unless you're referring to the weather or how the sun goes down or something.

All I meant was it turns from the light blue in the beginning of the game until it grays to a black, not so much becoming a darker blue to a black (or getting that twilight orange-pink along with it in mixture). I'll show you some picture examples but I don't want to stray too far off course or seem like I'm nitpicking.

I'll just say that it looks like 2K10 is finally addressing their own lighting issues and they may have corrected it the right way, where it darkens to a black from its blue. Yikes, too many colors.

Like I said, they are close as they were last year, and it's not very far off. But combine that with the way that it would strangely jump to black after a batter kind of made the overall transition feel awkward.

EDIT: This is kind of the sky constituent they're missing:

As well as it's a bit lighter blue when it's earlier.

However, I kind of will just say that what they have fits better with their current palette. Until they saturate and enrich the rest of the field at night a bit more, I guess it's best to say that they're on with what they have.

# 59 nemesis04 @ 02/08/10 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis

On another note...

What the heck is a "west coast sky"?

You need to a little to see it apparently.

# 60 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/08/10 07:30 PM
Quote:
LMAO Enigma, Nem, Blzer yal'll might be right, I'm reading into this a little much.
Insane in the membrane.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.