Home
NCAA Basketball 11 News Post

After all the rumors, it has become official.

Source: Gameinformer - EA Sports Confirms NCAA Basketball Benching

Quote:
"Looking over the list of list of Electronic Arts titles planned for release during the next fiscal year, one sports franchise is notably absent. Today EA Sports senior director of communications David Tinson confirmed that NCAA Basketball has fouled out of the lineup. “We do not have an NCAA Basketball game in development at this time, and we’re currently reviewing the future of our NCAA Basketball business," he said. "This was a difficult decision, but we remain a committed partner to the NCAA and its member institutions.”

Tinson also told Game Informer that the move to shut down NCAA will not result in another round of layoffs. Instead, the development team has been integrated into other projects. EA Canada still has two basketball games in development, with NBA Live and the recently announced resurrection of NBA Jam."

NCAA Basketball 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Basketball 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Basketball 11Hype Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 tmac55 @ 02/10/10 08:20 PM
That's a shame.. I never looked into detail as far as rosters go, so that's too bad.

# 22 bigsmallwood @ 02/10/10 08:36 PM
Wow. EA gets the license and then cancels the game. Its a really sad day in gaming when we don't get an NCAA College Basketball game. SMH One can only hope they update the current one with at least a patch.

# 23 jyoung @ 02/10/10 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
Wow. EA gets the license and then cancels the game. Its a really sad day in gaming when we don't get an NCAA College Basketball game. SMH One can only hope they update the current one with at least a patch.
Major SMH.

This sucks for sports gamers.

# 24 rckabillyRaider @ 02/10/10 08:58 PM
not surprised at all. I saw this coming very clearly, as I'm sure many of us here did also. Sucks for the big college hoops gamers.

# 25 Fiddy @ 02/10/10 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Terrible confirmation......

To say they still have two games! Live and stupid, and terrible on 1 console NBA Jam, isn't considered two games.

All they have is Live 10. NBA Jam is going to bomb big time, from everything I've seen and read, it's crap! And Wii exclusive was a bad idea. I mean even as a PSN or XBL game would have been more profitable.
um, that sure is considered 2 games.

so all the stuff you read about NBA JAM is crap etc? what the heck do you expect? a basketball sim out of it? its an arcade title.

its gonna be a solid fun throw back with updated rosters. could it bomb? possibly, but just bc you wont like it doesnt mean its crap.

video games = fun..

some of you guys need to step away from the consoles and relax a bit, not take stuff like this so serious.

# 26 Rickeysue @ 02/10/10 09:07 PM
EA Sports is becoming less and less relevant all the time. No baseball game and now no college basketball. Yeah, if it's in the game, it's uh, not provided. SCEA is killing it with The Show and 2k has the best NBA game available. EA's college football game is also nothing to write home about. It's always the previously discarded Madden model anyways. EA is a second rate company scamming all of us sports gamers with recycled titles. I hope they go out of business. We consumers have the power and can make our voices heard through our wallets.

# 27 Murph @ 02/10/10 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
Ea still owns the exclusive NCAA basketball license, as has we have been over in many threads. There is no chance of seeing any college basketball game next year unless something changes.
According to the Pasta Padre article, there was no exclusive license. It's just that only EA was willing to meet the CLC’s licensing costs.

# 28 Jukeman @ 02/10/10 09:12 PM
...Well, I always liked SCEA's NCAA Basketball games...

# 29 Heyuimintojsus @ 02/10/10 09:29 PM
Bring back the best college basketball game ever - the 2Ks. It was hands down 10 times or more better than EA's version. I will play 2K8 over and over compared with this year's version of NCAA 10.

# 30 IceNHL @ 02/10/10 09:42 PM
2k bailed on NCAA Basketball because its not profitable. EA is now bailing because its not profitable even though they were

Apologies to all the college basketball heads here (i for one, like it)...but the sport is only nationally relevant for 3 freaking weeks a year. You cant invest millions into a 360/PS3 game and expect sales to warrant the investment. Even though 2k8 was really good and NCAA 10 was good enough, its not worth it from a business standpoint.

# 31 IceNHL @ 02/10/10 09:43 PM
2k bailed on NCAA Basketball because its not profitable. EA is now bailing because its not profitable even though they were all alone in the market.

Apologies to all the college basketball heads here (i for one, like it)...but the sport is only nationally relevant for 3 freaking weeks a year. You cant invest millions into a 360/PS3 game and expect sales to warrant the investment. Even though 2k8 was really good and NCAA 10 was good enough, its not worth it from a business standpoint.

# 32 stlstudios189 @ 02/10/10 09:54 PM
DLC updates and a release every other year will work if EA actually supports their game.

# 33 nolan273 @ 02/10/10 10:09 PM
Yeah, this definitely sucks. I've been play college hoops games since NCAA Final Four Basketball on SNES. It'll be missed, for sure.

# 34 a walrus @ 02/10/10 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNHL
2k bailed on NCAA Basketball because its not profitable. EA is now bailing because its not profitable even though they were

sO its a business.Possibly the clc will not want to miss out on the exposre & revenue generated within this industry.When you offer a product or service that no one can afford, you lower the price.The amount of people getting into ch2k8 has been steady over the years.College basketball in general is reaching a larger audiance every year.The forecast is not as gloomy as you might think.The common ground is that all parties envolved want to make a profit.The possibilities are their.Nothing is ever dropped without being picked up.Its not like its gonna 5 to 10 years before we see anything. 2-3 max possibly next week.

# 35 nolan273 @ 02/10/10 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlstudios189
DLC updates and a release every other year will work if EA actually supports their game.
They could start the process next season. A patch to fix the issues in NCAA 10, and to allow you to change players classes and a biennial release would be fine by me.

# 36 a walrus @ 02/10/10 10:21 PM
Just like the Pac 10...it will come back.

# 37 Skyboxer @ 02/10/10 10:36 PM
Thanks God. They clearly have no desire to make NCAA Basketball a quality product. Just another franchise destroyed by EA.
NASCAR and now NCAA

# 38 Jukeman @ 02/10/10 10:36 PM
Lets rephrase it...

2k abandon Choops because it wasnt profitable with the new high price the NCAA put on the license...

50% sure thats what happen..

# 39 Jukeman @ 02/10/10 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Thanks God. They clearly have no desire to make NCAA Basketball a quality product. Just another franchise destroyed by EA.
NASCAR and now NCAA
EA makes it soooo hard to defend them...

# 40 Squeezee12 @ 02/10/10 10:38 PM
So they gave up NCAA Basketball for NBA Jam??? Bad move in my opinion...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.