Home
MLB 10 News Post

The Playstation.Blog has posted another MLB '10: The Show blog. This one features real time presentation mode.

Quote:
"In a continued effort to blur the lines between a video game and a televised broadcast, MLB 10: The Show is proud to introduce the brand new presentation mode: Real Time. Available with replays or without, Real Time is a new presentation mode designed to further enhance the realism our baseball simulation offers you, the baseball fan.

Hoping to have you question whether you’re playing MLB 10: The Show or watching a live baseball game on TV, we’ve captured hundreds of new animations and have done extensive work with both our AI and our cameras. From the pitcher toeing the rubber until the next batter walks up to the dish, you’ll experience continuity with the seamless animations and positional intelligence of each player on and off the field. All new camera angles and cut-timing capture the player’s new movements and further enhance the presentation mode by mimicking the camera work seen on televised MLB broadcasts. Post-play has never looked this real."

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/10/10 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
I don't know why you guys are thanking me thank Clayton and Gill they put together the video.

Thanks Clayton and Gill. Fantastic job as usual.

I think they are thanking you because at the moment you are the direct link to everyone there. hehe

# 42 bp4baseball @ 02/10/10 08:57 PM
Quote:
I don't know why you guys are thanking me thank Clayton and Gill they put together the video.
Thanks Clayton and Gill!

# 43 CommunityCollege @ 02/10/10 09:00 PM
Quote:
thanks Clayton and Gill

this is like Christmas in February.

# 44 DubTrey1 @ 02/10/10 09:01 PM
Ok, this game has officially replaced Madden as THE sports title that you wait all year for. Forget the Madden Holiday - there now should be a MLB the Show holiday. This is the game you wait for, this is what you sit back and eagerly anticipate releases for. Great job SCEA. Simply outstanding.

# 45 Bellsprout @ 02/10/10 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadoreo
acturally this thread was the first as the other one is a minute late.
I posted that in a different thread, which was merged with this one.

I should edit that out.

# 46 djo201 @ 02/10/10 09:07 PM
Did anyone notice around the 1:15-1:20 mark, the runner changes his path a bit to not bump into the First Baseman? Or am I just seeing things?

# 47 BDKiiing @ 02/10/10 09:07 PM
is it going to have that RTP window popping up, because if so, thats not exactly how i pictured it

# 48 HustlinOwl @ 02/10/10 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smearz
that was freaking awesome! thanks Russell. Can't wait to see this on my TV.

nitpicky question though... when Morneau tosses that grounder to the pitcher for the 3rd out (Vasgergian says that it retired the side in his call), the players start to throw the ball around the horn. Is this a glitch in RTP? The players should've been returning to the dugout with the pitcher tossing the ball towards the mound. Just wondering if this is something that will happen in the game as a glitch, or if it's just an oversight in this video. Thanks!
saw that as well

# 49 djo201 @ 02/10/10 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
is it going to have that RTP window popping up, because if so, thats not exactly how i pictured it
If you notice the text, the bigger screen says "Production Fly Camera". As has previously been said, that camera is just for the devs to show us what's happening around the field. (I'm pretty sure we won't have that view on the game). What you'll see in the game is the RTP Camera (the small screen that appears from time to time).

# 50 CommunityCollege @ 02/10/10 09:10 PM
Quote:
noooooooooooo!

that's just to show viewers that RTP isn't a gimmick and that it is what it is, Real-Time gameplay.

there just showing you an angle from one perspective and the RTP camera is what we'll see when we play the game.

# 51 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/10/10 09:11 PM
Quote:
No, that window is for you to see what the RTP looks like in game, and bigger screen is a fixed camera just to show that it is all happening in real time.

What you see on the little window, is what you will see in game. Just full screen obviously.

I thought the blog was clear on saying that.

# 52 oakland89 @ 02/10/10 09:13 PM
Quote:
Thank you Clayton and Gill.

# 53 Knight165 @ 02/10/10 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djo201
Did anyone notice around the 1:15-1:20 mark, the runner changes his path a bit to not bump into the First Baseman? Or am I just seeing things?
I think that's why they put that in there..to show you guys that new stuff....he does indeed avoid the other player.

I'm pretty sure that window is what you will actually be getting(full screen of course...) and they zoomed back to show you that everything is going on at once. With that...I think SCEA wanted to show you the homerun is not a cutscene...that everything plays out entirely.
With Broadcast and RTP...you'll be getting a lot of cuts to different "cameras" for the presentation......all possibly surrounding anything that is going on.

M.K.
Knight165

# 54 KJWILLIAMS1 @ 02/10/10 09:20 PM
Best video I have ever watched. My wife asked why I was watching highlights of a HR when baseball hasnt started yet. She had no clue as I put it on my HD 55 in Samsung LED TV!!! She had no idea it wasnt real!!! AMAZING!!

I know this is inappropriate, but I have a HUGE man crush on all the SCEA staff!!! I may wet the bed tonight dreaming of SHOW!!!!!!

# 55 cnh2os84 @ 02/10/10 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandu8
If you look real close at the 0:25 second mark right under the target sign you can see a vendor with a red bag walking backwards.
LOL! Thanks Sandu, didn't see that at first. Speaking of the sign, when it lit up and Minnie and Paulie were shaking hands over the ol' Mississippi I got the BIGGGGEST grin on my face.

# 56 pdawg17 @ 02/10/10 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I think that's why they put that in there..to show you guys that new stuff....he does indeed avoid the other player.

I'm pretty sure that window is what you will actually be getting(full screen of course...) and they zoomed back to show you that everything is going on at once. With that...I think SCEA wanted to show you the homerun is not a cutscene...that everything plays out entirely.
With Broadcast and RTP...you'll be getting a lot of cuts to different "cameras" for the presentation......all possibly surrounding anything that is going on.

M.K.
Knight165
So if broadcast and RTP are different views to select but both have cuts to different "cameras", what is the difference between the two views?

# 57 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/10/10 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17
So if broadcast and RTP are different views to select but both have cuts to different "cameras", what is the difference between the two views?

Broadcast is just the fielding camera when the ball is put into play (like low, med, high). RTP is those cool little cuts with different camera shots in between plays that are happening in real time.

# 58 Knight165 @ 02/10/10 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Broadcast is just the fielding camera when the ball is put into play. RTP is those cool little cuts and replays.
Correct.

You can have HIGH fielding view....with RTP.
...or any of the views with RTP(w or w/o replays)

M.K.
Knight165

# 59 Knight165 @ 02/10/10 09:59 PM
Stole this from someone else....but I love this shot!

M.K.
Knight165

# 60 Spring Rubber @ 02/10/10 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Correct.

You can have HIGH fielding view....with RTP.
...or any of the views with RTP(w or w/o replays)

M.K.
Knight165
So I guess RTP without replays is essentially the same as "turn off Dave and Rex and just let Matt do all the talking"? I jest.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.