Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

Check out the very first gameplay video from Major League Baseball 2K10. Post your thoughts here.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 fiedler2k3 @ 02/19/10 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
The guy doing the video doesn't work for 2K, so I highly doubt he wants to hide anything. He's skipping that stuff to get to the point. People wanted to see some game play and they got to.

The presentational cuts in-between are almost always skipped in any video of ANY game unless the video is designed to show them of specifically.

I'm as skeptical as the next guy when it comes to this series, but not everything is some master plan or conspiracy.
It does not work for 2K it works for GAME INFORMER, a VIDEOGAME BUSINESS, of course that everything that this sites told us if what the developers and publishers wants they to told us, he has to be cleared by 2K to post a video, dont you think that if 2K does not want to show you the jerky presentations, he has to skip it or play the game on hurry up? do you want me to show you a LOT of videos of sports game including 2K baseball, with all the presentation stuff? Videogame is a business, is all about money, remember that...

# 182 jeffy777 @ 02/19/10 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiedler2k3
It does not work for 2K it works for GAME INFORMER, a VIDEOGAME BUSINESS, of course that everything that this sites told us if what the developers and publishers wants they to told us, he has to be cleared by 2K to post a video, dont you think that if 2K does not want to show you the jerky presentations, he has to skip it or play the game on hurry up? do you want me to show you a LOT of videos of sports game including 2K baseball, with all the presentation stuff? Videogame is a business, is all about money, remember that...
The guy who made the vid (Andrew Reiner) is a well respected, unbiased reviewer. Obviously you haven't read his blog. He's pointed out a number of flaws he's seen in the game, so you are wrong: Reiner's being honest and not just saying what 2K wants him to say or show. He has no agenda.

At least read what Reiner has said before you jump to conclusions and falsely accuse him.

# 183 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/20/10 01:19 AM
Looking really promising. I'm liking what I'm reading and watching. The My Player mode has me really excited. I can't wait to see more gameplay vids. Can't wait to see how this baby turns out.

# 184 Skyboxer @ 02/20/10 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
2K9 had the same view, but you had to adjust the cameras to get it. The best part was that it worked online , as well. It was the fist time ever that throwing balls was not cheese, because you could take those pitches, and still have time to swing if the guy threw a strike.

The only problem was that it was too easy to paint the corners. So you could hit the corner for a strike, or let it slide just outside for a ball at will. My hope is that this game will allow for more variance, so that ball I tried to paint the corner with might slide over the plate.

But that long view was key to reading pitches in 2K9. But my real hope is that online play is as lag-free as last season.
I played 09 and I swear I never could see the ball as far as depth/height as well as I can in 10 vids. I'm thinking it has to do with the K zone is staying up longer in 10... Maybe I'm just going nuts.?.?.?

# 185 jeffy777 @ 02/20/10 02:47 AM
I was going back and looking at gameplay vids of 2K9 to compare with the video we have of 2K10.

Both of these videos have the Cubs playing at Wrigley Field and both are day games, although the 2K9 video is more overcast and not as sunny.

Here's the 2K9 video:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...y-movie-3?hd=1
(sorry, it wouldn't embed properly)

You can see some of the major problems of 2K9: The AI swings at everything, tthe animations are hitchy, batters snap into their stances, the ******** dust clouds, weird fielding camera, the pitch meter is very ugly as well as pretty much everything else on screen such as the stick figure baserunner indicators, the pitching icon is way too big, the HUGE STATE FARM wall next to the scoreboard, Soriano had a fly ball hit almost right at him and he didn't even try to put his glove up, batting coaches don't move after the inning is over, etc. etc.

And now the 2K10 video:
(make sure you choose the 720p option)

Pretty much everything looks better and improved, and although it's a shorter sample, none of the problems I mentioned from the 2K9 video are seen in the 2K10 video, except some of the animations could be smoother, but overall, it's a big improvement with a lot more polish. Also, I prefer the batting camera angle in the 2K9 video, but it's been confirmed that we'll have many camera options in 2K10.

# 186 EPatetta @ 02/20/10 02:59 AM
you know after watching the 2k9 video (i didnt play 2k9 at all) 2k10 looks like a completely different game

# 187 Checmate101 @ 02/20/10 05:13 AM
I really thought we were getting 2 innings though.VC mighta brought 2k baseball back

# 188 Goffs @ 02/20/10 06:44 AM
not really into baseball but i dont like how the crowd looks...too many cloning...the show has a ton of variety in the crowds and they even have venders walking about. i even saw fans leave their seats..

i will get the PC version of this and The show for the PS3...

# 189 nemesis04 @ 02/20/10 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgisbeast
The game "looks" much better to me. Minus some cosmetic things here and there like the numbers. I'm sure it "plays" better as well, but I'm still a bit sketchy on how much and if they really tightened up their gameplay and AI.
This is my biggest concern as well. Its going to take a few full games to see how well cpu will respond to different situations etc.

# 190 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/20/10 09:03 AM
Here are the 2 videos from YOUTUBE. Be sure to select 480p for comparison sake as the 2k9 video doesn't come In 720p. Should help with what jeffy is pointing out:

MLB 2K9

MLB 2K10

# 191 Wavebird99 @ 02/20/10 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
This is my biggest concern as well. Its going to take a few full games to see how well cpu will respond to different situations etc.
Same. I hope the AI is much improved.

# 192 bartolet7 @ 02/20/10 11:03 AM
I'm really liking the new hitting view. In the past, I always struggled to get walks when at the plate. For whatever reason, I just couldn't seem to hold off and ended up swinging away most of the time because I couldn't judge pitch location. This of course resulted in a lot of strike outs and the opposing pitcher throwing a complete game on me due to a very low pitch count. Watching this video for the first time, I felt I was following the ball to the plate very well and would have had some good at-bats there.

Graphics look improved and the colors look richer and, while I can live with it, I agree with others that the jersey fonts are off.

Guess my biggest concern is that the fielding is crazy fast. Those pick off attempts look like they're in 2X speed. Again, I can live with it and maybe it will just take some getting used to (and maybe it can be adjusted with a slider), but why was this implemented in the first place? I don't recall 2K9 fielding that way. In fact, quite the opposite with those confounded slow-downs.

In any case, I liked the video and hoping for another one (and the demo!) soon. 360 owner so not much choice here anyway, but . . . looking forward to this one.

# 193 mwjr @ 02/20/10 11:11 AM
A lot of good comments in here, so I'll try not to repeat.

I have to say that the video looked impressive, but it's hard to get a real feel for the game - any game - after only one gameplay video. Nevertheless, I was impressed.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned are the overlays for the players as they come up to bat. The ones used in 2K9 were wrong it seemed like all the time. I had a rookie playing in his first Major League game, and the overlay stated that he "was 10th in the National League in steals last year." If they're going to be making stuff up all the time, I'd rather not have them in the game. Hopefully, these have been fixed, and those "Last season" stats overlays are accurate.

# 194 Skyboxer @ 02/20/10 01:46 PM
Ok well I'm glad others are noticing that it is in fact much easier to see and judge the ball while batting in MLB 2K10.....
At least I know I'm not going nuts now....

# 195 bartolet7 @ 02/20/10 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Ok well I'm glad others are noticing that it is in fact much easier to see and judge the ball while batting in MLB 2K10.....
At least I know I'm not going nuts now....
No, you're not nuts. As a matter of fact, you mentioned earlier you thought this had to do with the K zone staying up longer. Good insight. After watching the two 2K9 vs 2K10 comparison vids, I have to agree. In 2K9, the zone disappears as soon as the pitcher starts his motion. The new view has the zone until the ball leaves his hand. I think that helps.

# 196 RGmoney @ 02/20/10 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtreznin
Does 2K Baseball usually have a FASTPLAY mode where you don't have to watch all the animations in between pitches?

I have to admit..... I already have The Show pre-ordered, but I am now considering 2K10.
Yes. It's called "Hurry Up" Baseball. Added it this year. Quote from the IGN Preview article: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1060843p1.html

Quote:
The last new feature that was shown to me was also one of the coolest, provided it can be tuned properly. It's called Hurry-up Baseball and it allows you to skip all those annoying cutscenes and replays that you'd usually have to tap A (or X on PS3) to get through. That means no 2K Sports logos flashing on the screen as they show replays of the preceding half-inning, no batter walk-ups to the plate and no commenting on what that batter has done previously in the game. It's much more to the point and is said to cut the amount of time it takes to get through a game by as much as half. The best part? You don't have to select to play the hurry-up brand of baseball before you get into a game. Instead you can toggle it right from the in-game menu. Want to slow it down in the ninth inning? Feel free to do so.

# 197 WarDawg58 @ 02/20/10 04:04 PM
I just watched the 2k9 vs 2k10 video and I really can see where they have made some good improvements. The demo should answer the rest of my questions.

# 198 RGmoney @ 02/20/10 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 500Feet
It was in 2K9 too.
Thanks for the correction. Just going off what the reviewer stated was new. Didn't look for something like that in last year's version, as I always let the presentation stuff play out, or skipped thru it with the button.

# 199 jeffy777 @ 02/20/10 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Here are the 2 videos from YOUTUBE. Be sure to select 480p for comparison sake as the 2k9 video doesn't come In 720p. Should help with what jeffy is pointing out:

MLB 2K9

MLB 2K10

Thanks Joe

# 200 Eddie1967 @ 02/20/10 11:02 PM
Very nice atmosphere, the pitching interface looks challenging.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.