Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

Check out the very first gameplay video from Major League Baseball 2K10. Post your thoughts here.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 cubsfan203 @ 02/18/10 08:45 PM
Everything looks pretty solid, especially compared to last year. The only problem I have from that video is the numbers on the jerseys. I don't remember them being so big and distracting in 2k9.

# 22 Galvatron @ 02/18/10 08:46 PM
Well, I must say besides the lighting, which looks VERY good by the way, there seems to be very little added visually. the animations still look a bit, I don't know, kinda odd. And those uniform numbers and name fonts ARE JUST HIDEOUS,along with that batting view which I'm sure will be adjustable. I am pleased to hear new bat sounds and organ music tho. All in all, I have to see some more footage and get a hold of the demo to form a stronger opinion.

# 23 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/18/10 08:53 PM
Sig Styles look great. I likes that when he missed his gesture against Ollie Perez the pitch was high & out of the zone & not a MEATBALL. The batter's box was already getting roughed-up & the game is only in the 3rd inning.

ksig mentioned the facial animations. Very noticable when Omir Santos was 2 bat. The bat on ball sounds pretty good. The lighting, oh the lighting..

I'm not happy with the way the throwing & fielding animations are playing-out. Hopefully they can do something about this via a PATCH.. maybe slowing down the animations will be a priority next year

# 24 Jamin23 @ 02/18/10 09:03 PM
Quote:
Our next video (or one of the next, not 100% sure) will lay out directly 2K9 vs. 2K10. Should be quite educational on how far we've come in such a short time. Should be mid-next week sometime if things stay on track.
From Ron. I would like to see them side by side.

# 25 rudyjuly2 @ 02/18/10 09:04 PM
The overall look doesn't seem as nice as the Show but not bad. Just not a fan of the way the uniforms sit on the players. I like the camera angles - both in the field and at the plate.

I was a little concerned with Theriot getting the batter's eye on everything but I think that system could be good. I like the sounds of it and Derek Lee didn't see the pitch type on either of his first two pitches.

Some of the commentary was off - calling an 88 mph fastball gas. Calling a routine double play a "play of the week". But overall I liked the presentation from the replays to the specific stats in certain situations.

The pitch speed seems slow but so is the bat speed to compensate. I'm sure it's adjustable but it's kind of nice for a player like me. I always struggle to draw walks in video game baseball since I have to commit so soon.

I do hope they offer changing difficulty levels and sliders in the demo. Would be really nice.

# 26 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/18/10 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgisbeast
YEah from watching this I get the idea they concentrated on the pitcher and batter duels and overhauling the environments, lighting and player models. They added a ton of animations. But ironing out the fielding, baserunning and pickoff stuff might not be until next year. I can live with that though. I think the game looks extremely fun. I just tend to think the fielding and basebrunning will be a bit more arcadish. The game looks awesome to me though. I'm as excited about this game as i've been for a sports game in a while sadly enough lol.
Don't let anyone curb your enthusiasm. The series has many critics & well deserved, but if the game is fun in your eyes & you enjoy yourself while playing it that's what really matters

# 27 SwinginAs12 @ 02/18/10 09:05 PM
The numbers still look abnormal

# 28 SwinginAs12 @ 02/18/10 09:08 PM
I feel terrible for Xbox360 only owners.

# 29 odbman @ 02/18/10 09:10 PM
ouch another step backwards.What is up with the numbers on the cubs jerseys they are way off.Did Omar Santos lose alot of weight over the winter or is that catcher his son.Also Omar is Hispanic not a white guy.The fast ball seems verrrry slow.On the foul ball in the stands nobody moves.All in all I can see why there has been very little out on this game.Personally I am going to rent it .I am happy i didn't pre order.Good Luck to those that did.

# 30 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/18/10 09:15 PM
Can someone get this on YouTube? Damn iPhone and lack of flash player. so close but, so far away. Someone help me out here.

# 31 thundergatti @ 02/18/10 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Not digging the hitting view at all. Pitcher looks miles away, and takes out the whole watch the pitch from the hand scenario you do in baseball.

Ironic.
I take umbrage with this statement, which is really degrading to the game.

For one, it is only constructive to "watch the pitch from the hand" if the pitching animation is realistic. My eyes were opened after seeing the pitching motions in that Japanese game, and it was something I looked for in this 2k video. I was pretty impressed with the whip of the pitcher's arm, which makes it authentic to actually pick up the ball and try to hit it.

On this point, I was disappointed that the guess pitch text indicator obscured the ball coming out of Perez' hand. This may occur only with lefties.

I was also disappointed because it did not seem to me that the pitches missed so wide or high out of the strike zone, as that Developer Insight had indicated. Although this half-inning of CPU pitching is certainly not conclusive, I would have expected Perez to miss the strike zone by a larger margin (for example, when pitching cautiously to Lee in that tight spot).

# 32 nld230 @ 02/18/10 09:16 PM
Going to take me a while to get this one downloaded, lol.

Would be nice to know what difficulty setting he is playing on. If it's pro, then my concerns wouldn't be that big. But.....

1st batter, Santos. 1 pitch, 1 out. Chases a slider on the corner/perhaps out of the zone. That's going to be killer to pitch counts if it happens often. But, if it changes with higher difficulty settings... meh.

2nd batter, the pitcher Perez. Alleviates the above concern, a bit. Takes a belt high fastball right down central. Then takes a beautiful pitch at the knees. fouls off a bad pitch. Then goes down hacking at a good 4 seamer on the outside corner. 4 pitch AB for a weak hitting pitcher? Not bad.

3rd batter, Reyes. Takes a beauty pitch for strike 1. Swings at the next pitch.

A 7 pitch inning. Hope it's an anomaly and not the rule.

# 33 adamj2281 @ 02/18/10 09:16 PM
Yeah I actually think the game looks really good, other than the jersey issues. The crowd could use some work, as well as the shadowing.

# 34 spankdatazz22 @ 02/18/10 09:17 PM
Really liked a lot of what I saw in the video. Graphics popped a little more than I expected; shadowing looked nice. A few rough spots w/the animations but nothing horrible. Really like the new batting view; gives a sense of the dimension of the stadium. And can likely be changed as was the case last year - just glad they came up with a new look. Happy they got rid of those rigid player animations that would occur in between innings; a lot of the realtime stuff looks really good. Player/stadium chatter was great; not a fan of the new guy in the booth but not like he was horrible. Overall looks like a definite step up from 2K9; looks like a lot of fun

# 35 johnnyg83 @ 02/18/10 09:18 PM
Uniform numbers and helmet logos are awful.

The digital artists in most games don't seem to get that sewn-on numbers will not stretch .. they'll move with the fabric but the size will not change.

They are not ironed on, they're sewn on.

# 36 CommunityCollege @ 02/18/10 09:18 PM
I don't know how to put it... but did you guys watch the same video I did?

everyone sounds so positive about the game and I didn't find one positive out of that video.

# 37 Bahnzo @ 02/18/10 09:26 PM
Hitters eye activates WAY too much. They said it would only happen with the best hitters, and only a couple times during an at bat at most....but it happened every single pitch with one guy, and half the time with Fukodome (who didn't exactly have a great rating against lefties).

User pitching seems still too easy. Look at his ball/strike count...through 3 innings he's only thrown 4 balls.

I like the overall presentation, and as long as that weird batting view can be zoomed in some, things look good.

But again, I still get the feeling that 2K didn't spend enough time getting the gameplay basics correct.

# 38 jeffy777 @ 02/18/10 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunityCollege
I didn't find one positive out of that video.
Not one single positive? Wow.....

# 39 Checmate101 @ 02/18/10 09:36 PM
I love what I saw..the numbers could be smaller, but other than that, I'll be there for a first day buy. But I thought it was suppose to be 2 innings?

# 40 natsfan93 @ 02/18/10 09:39 PM
The graphics look much better this year from last last year, but the swing followthroughs look sooooooo bad

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.