Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post

Videogamer has posted an interview with Neven Dravinski, Producer of UFC Undisputed 2010.

Quote:
Videogamer: "What are the plans for Create A Fighter this year? That was one of the areas last year where it felt like there was room for improvement..."

Neven: "Create A Fighter has improved tremendously this year. The things you saw [in the presentation], the concepts in the gameplay... for example, the handedness of fighters, southpaw being an addition this year. In Create A Fighter you're going to be able to set the handedness of your fighter – and that's also the dominant hand, versus which one is forward. Those two play together, so you could be standing orthodox but your dominant hand could be your left hand. It doesn't mean you're going to have this super jab that's going to knock people out, but there is [combat] calculation associated with that. There's going to be a lot more information related to Create A Fighter. I mean, you've got to have PR doing something for the next four months! But there are certainly a lot of improvements visually, you can see. Last year we had 80 fighters, half of them were created via the Create A Fighter system, but this year they're all created via photo-realistic techniques. A lot of improvements went into the Create A Fighter system to match that aspect."

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Phobia @ 02/19/10 09:17 AM
Two things I am really happy to hear!!

1)Last year attacks were very rangy. The up close fighting didn't have the same visceral impact that the strikes from far away did. With the advent of the sways, we've revolutionised the way the game is played. Now there's less of a tendency to stand back and then come in with an attack that has a lot of translation. Now you're able to get in close and try and experiment.

2)Last year there were flash knockouts, no flash submissions. There will be flash submissions in this year.

# 2 TheShizNo1 @ 02/19/10 10:55 AM
Phobia I'm going to whoop your *** when this come out

# 3 Phobia @ 02/19/10 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
LMAO you wish. If you doubt me, lets hook up in some UFC 2009. I will change your mind

# 4 Vast @ 02/19/10 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
NO.

I'm going to whoop both of yall asses in 2010!

# 5 sb24 @ 02/19/10 01:51 PM
Why do we need flash submissions? In the last game you could get subs within the first minute of the match if the guy was stupid enough to tire himself out. I know there are some times when subs come from no where (isnt that how Anderson Silva was tapped by like a flying submission?) but is there really enough times it happens to put it in the game when it could be abused..... last years game had a somewhat unknown cheap way to get a sub pretty easy (the game did have its few random issues) i dont want that to be the case in this game so i will have to agree with MC.

# 6 Phobia @ 02/19/10 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
Why do we need flash submissions? In the last game you could get subs within the first minute of the match if the guy was stupid enough to tire himself out. I know there are some times when subs come from no where (isnt that how Anderson Silva was tapped by like a flying submission?) but is there really enough times it happens to put it in the game when it could be abused..... last years game had a somewhat unknown cheap way to get a sub pretty easy (the game did have its few random issues) i dont want that to be the case in this game so i will have to agree with MC.
Well I agree with both you Sb and MC. But I honestly trust the guys behind this game. They really show their dedication to making it a quality game and not just going to sit back and collect money. So I truly feel with 2009 and 2010 that they will have it balanced even further and fix many of the cheese that 09 had.

Even if there is something that could be abused with the sub system in 2010. I know for a fact they would release a patch rather quick to fix it. They did it last year and certain they would do it again.

Some of the better developers I can think of.

# 7 NYG_Meth @ 02/19/10 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
NO.

I'm going to whoop both of yall asses in 2010!
Let's just put this to rest. I think we can ALL agree that I'LL be the one dishing out the ***-kickings around here...

# 8 Phobia @ 02/19/10 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
Let's just put this to rest. I think we can ALL agree that I'LL be the one dishing out the ***-kickings around here...
Meth I agree with you bro......you are a beast at the game

# 9 NYG_Meth @ 02/19/10 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
haha. I agree. You're the only one I never beat. Or did I flash KO you once? I can't remember.
You flash KO'd me lol.

# 10 Vast @ 02/19/10 07:07 PM
Quote:
I smell possible cheese and game breaker right here. Flash submissions?

The problem with 2009 was from the top position you just click the stick and your guys goes for a submission; it was way to easy to do. It was based on stamina, so if you were low, you were likely screwed...

So now they have flash ones? Why do I have a feeling there's going to be an abundance of idiots getting on top of you and just spamming submission attempts like crazy now? Just seems like a huge potential for pure cheese...

They need to just rework the whole system.
Flash Submissions was one of the fixes requested by the community. Not all submissions occur after you get a guy super tired. It should be a rare occurence tho.

I also think there should be a penalty for just attempting a submission, and an even bigger penalty for spamming a submission.

# 11 aholbert32 @ 02/19/10 11:39 PM
Quote:
Most real submissions don't happen because a guy is tired. They happen because he got caught. The whole stamina and clicking thing needs to go away. I don't see how flash submissions help anything, really. I want to see a whole new process for 2011.

I keep hearing you say you want a new system but I never hear any ideas about how that could be implemented. I've seen two ways to implement it. 1) The way old ufc games did it by having to tap a button sequence to initiate the sub and it was all stamina based if the person was able to lock it in OR 2) The UFC 2009 way.

The second way is the better of the two and with the addition of flash subs it makes the system more complete. I'm assuming that the flash submissions will be ratings based so that someone like Maia can catch you in one but not Houston Alexander. You just stated that most submissions happen when someone gets caught while a few happen when fighters are tired. Doesnt this new system cover both of those situations?

# 12 jb12780 @ 02/20/10 10:05 AM
Good read. I wanna see some fights.

# 13 allBthere @ 02/20/10 01:29 PM
Quote:
Most real submissions don't happen because a guy is tired. They happen because he got caught. The whole stamina and clicking thing needs to go away. I don't see how flash submissions help anything, really. I want to see a whole new process for 2011.
I agree, but it does happen during gassed state too. Often guys give up their back and practically ask for a way out (rnc)

btw, we're 1-1 against each other. I remember because they were crazy intense matches.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.