Home
MLB 10 News Post

Playstation.Blog has posted another MLB '10: The Show blog. This one features All-Star week, video clip included.

Quote:
"When playing the Home Run Derby, you have the choice to set which players are controlled by player 1, player 2, or the CPU – except in RTTS, where you only get to control your created player. You also will have fast-forwarding abilities, in case you want to skip the CPU-controlled player’s at bats.

After tackling the Home Run Derby addition, we thought why not go all-in and include the All-Star Futures Game as well. So, we’ve done just that. Now you get the full All-Star package. The All-Star Futures Game is available in both Franchise and Road To The Show – and just the same as the derby, in RTTS you will only have the opportunity to participate if your player was selected."

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/19/10 12:16 PM
Looks pretty!

# 2 berenjena @ 02/19/10 12:20 PM
Cool!

# 3 godylla @ 02/19/10 12:22 PM
I loved the part where I am not sure who it is (kind of looks like Morneau) jumps on Ichiro's back. And if it is Morneau, Ichiro might have to go see the trainer after having him jump on his back!

# 4 idesign2 @ 02/19/10 12:26 PM
I like the in-game ticker that says how many home runs are needed to advance to the next round.

Was hoping the sounds of the show blog entry would be released today. Guess I'll have to wait until next week.

# 5 BigDuke @ 02/19/10 12:35 PM
I love the All Star event additions, although I wish the players would wear their team uniforms instead of the generic AL/NL ones.

# 6 iceman2012 @ 02/19/10 12:37 PM
O my god I never realized MLB The Show looked this good!

What in the world have I been waiting for? lol

I love that camera angle on the Home Run Derby! And the stats bar showing how many home runs the batter needs to advance its great to see. Being a stats guy I hope to see a lot more stats in that drop down bar during season mode.

I am headed to Bestbuy now!

# 7 Flaxseed Oil @ 02/19/10 12:41 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I am looking forward to the futures game more so than the HR Derby. The futures game could be an excellent way to scout prospects and add some real value to the franchise mode.

# 8 iceman2012 @ 02/19/10 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke
I love the All Star event additions, although I wish the players would wear their team uniforms instead of the generic AL/NL ones.
In real life I am pretty sure the players do wear the generic AL/NL ones for the Home Run Derby. But for the actual All Star game yes they do wear their own team uniforms. I don't think any baseball video game has been able to pull that off yet. But it sure would be cool to see.

# 9 ScoobySnax @ 02/19/10 12:44 PM
Damn! HRD looks amazing!

# 10 brrmikey @ 02/19/10 12:51 PM
HR derby + broadcast cam ...I know SCEA wouldn't let us down. good job!!

# 11 NAFBUC @ 02/19/10 12:53 PM
Thanks for the links bb.

I like the footwork around the bags by the players. Everything looks great as you would expect from SCEA.

# 12 Timmer015 @ 02/19/10 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman2012
In real life I am pretty sure the players do wear the generic AL/NL ones for the Home Run Derby. But for the actual All Star game yes they do wear their own team uniforms. I don't think any baseball video game has been able to pull that off yet. But it sure would be cool to see.

I've always like the AL/NL uniforms better... well because the uniforms a team wears, should be uniform lol. I do see why this would bug some people though, and I'm sure if anybody can get a game to have the players wear their own uni's, it would be SCEA.

On a side note, I hope that the addition of the futures game will eventually lead to a WBC mode. I'm sure it will never happen, but a man can hope!

# 13 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/19/10 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer015
I've always like the AL/NL uniforms better... well because the uniforms a team wears, should be uniform lol. I do see why this would bug some people though, and I'm sure if anybody can get a game to have the players wear their own uni's, it would be SCEA.

On a side note, I hope that the addition of the futures game will eventually lead to a WBC mode. I'm sure it will never happen, but a man can hope!
The next WBC is 2013, I also believe 2K has the rights to it in a contract. Could have sworn I read that for 09, and was miffed that they didn't even include it. Was like squatting.

So we will see in 3 years

# 14 PhantomPain @ 02/19/10 01:24 PM
From just that short video, I think SCEA has surpassed my expectations for how HRD would be implemented. I love the player reactions that is there as well.

I would love to see one day this customizable (as the stand alone feature) to allow you to create the ORIGINAL Home Run Derby they used to play back in the day with Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, etc. Anyone remember that one? ESPN has played replays of it at times over the years.

The premise was easy. 2 guys go head to head. You get 3 outs per inning in a 9 inning game. If the ball is not a home run, it is an out. Also, if the ball was a strike and wasn't swung upon, it was an out as well. Whoever won, would advance to another week and play against someone else. One of the cooler parts of this show was the fact that while one guy was batting, the other was chatting it up with the announcer. That couldn't be recreated but I would love to set the rules to something like this and play it at historical stadiums. I was able to set up something like that for I believe WSB 2k3 back in the day. The only thing that sucked about it for me was that you didn't get to watch the other batter hit so you would hit, then it would just say how many your opponent had in their at bat.

Anyway, I am probably the only one that would like something like that (HRD being completely customizable) and it would only be a good thing as the stand alone feature, but I thought I would throw it out there.

# 15 myghty @ 02/19/10 01:26 PM
Yay! Can't wait!

# 16 stlchamp10 @ 02/19/10 01:26 PM
Looks great! I'm glad they finally put HR Derby in and the Future's game. Only minor issue I have is players wearing helmets during the HR Derby. They should just wear hats or no hat. That would be sweet if they did this.

# 17 sfgiantsfn @ 02/19/10 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
From just that short video, I think SCEA has surpassed my expectations for how HRD would be implemented. I love the player reactions that is there as well.

I would love to see one day this customizable (as the stand alone feature) to allow you to create the ORIGINAL Home Run Derby they used to play back in the day with Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, etc. Anyone remember that one? ESPN has played replays of it at times over the years.

The premise was easy. 2 guys go head to head. You get 3 outs per inning in a 9 inning game. If the ball is not a home run, it is an out. Also, if the ball was a strike and wasn't swung upon, it was an out as well. Whoever won, would advance to another week and play against someone else. One of the cooler parts of this show was the fact that while one guy was batting, the other was chatting it up with the announcer. That couldn't be recreated but I would love to set the rules to something like this and play it at historical stadiums. I was able to set up something like that for I believe WSB 2k3 back in the day. The only thing that sucked about it for me was that you didn't get to watch the other batter hit so you would hit, then it would just say how many your opponent had in their at bat.

Anyway, I am probably the only one that would like something like that (HRD being completely customizable) and it would only be a good thing as the stand alone feature, but I thought I would throw it out there.
I used to love watching reruns of that Home Run Derby show. I would love to see them bring something like that back in the offseason and show it on MLB Network.

As for the WBC. It does seem that including nationalities for a futures game is a pre-cursor to including a WBC. I think the next one is in 2012 (isn't it every three years?). I don't know about rights but I would like to see SCEA include that in the future. For now the Futures game and HRD are welcome additions!!

# 18 stiflr @ 02/19/10 01:50 PM
Just wondering, is HRD going to be in RTP or cutscenes?

# 19 sixmillion @ 02/19/10 01:54 PM
Looks great, but I can't help but notice they look like they are playing on astro turf, grass looks off / flat if you will, maybe it was just the resoulution of the video....anyone else notice this ?

# 20 Braves Fan @ 02/19/10 02:34 PM
Simply wow!

I never in my wildest dreams thought the Home Run Derby would be apart of All Star Week. I simply thought it was an option to use to practice your hitting outside of franchise mode.

This is amazing, SECA never ceases to amaze me.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.