Home
MLB 10 News Post

The Show Community Site has posted an article on sounds for MLB '10: The Show.

Quote:
In MLB 09 The Show, we gave you the ability to add your own music and attach that music to specific players for things like batter walk-ups, home runs, and relief pitcher entrances. In MLB 10 The Show, we have added an Edit Teams option, so you can add music to your favorite team and hear it in various game situations. So, say if you're nostalgic for your favorite Cubs announcer from your childhood singing “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” in the middle of the 7th, you can add it directly to the game and remember the good ole days.... sniff, sniff.

In Set Team Audio, you can add your own music to a variety of events such as:

* Home Run Music
* Strike Out Music
* Drawing a Walk
* Stolen Base
* Away Team Error
* Team Wins (Generic, Pennant, Division, and World Series)
* Team Loses
* Clutch Out Recorded
* Relief Pitcher Entrance
* In between Innings Music

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 countryboy @ 02/19/10 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
You guys can thank me for posting the comment on the All-Star blog calling Jason Villa out....I'm music man on the comments.

ummmm.....thanks?

# 22 aholbert32 @ 02/19/10 08:00 PM
Is there still a limitation on the number of songs you can use?

# 23 TN - BRAVES FAN @ 02/19/10 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmitchell22
Yes, we will have the ability to have authentic TV Themes this year! This is huge for me
where did you see this at?

# 24 berenjena @ 02/19/10 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
where did you see this at?

Well... it says you can use music between innings, so i am guessing that you can plug Fox or Espn theme music right there...

# 25 TN - BRAVES FAN @ 02/19/10 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmitchell22
on the list of things they added it listed things like "in between inning music", etc.
yes ok thanks - i thought u saw more slots listed on another site or something..i got excited and wasn't thinking, sorry.

# 26 Doormat @ 02/19/10 08:20 PM
I guess I'm not the only one that's gonna add that "New York, New York" song when the Yankees win a game

# 27 K_GUN @ 02/19/10 08:50 PM
is 'in -between innings' a sound you would hear at the park (sweet caroline) or some bump music on a ESPN telecast?

not sure....

# 28 rareSide @ 02/19/10 09:09 PM
I play pretty much all of my games online. Will I still be able to hear my own music??

# 29 FroznYogurt @ 02/20/10 03:18 PM
I saw this yesterday. I thought it was old. I should of posted this. Oh well lol.

# 30 sooner111 @ 02/20/10 04:41 PM
Place: Wrigley Field - Chicago. If I add " that announcer from Chicago that drank Budweiser's " singing at the 7th inning stretch, I wonder will the song carry over to the first batter in the top of the 8th? This particular piece maybe lasts 2 minutes. Or does the camera maybe pan the crowd or stadium until your song is done than go to the 8th? Remember how they did it on WGN back in the day?

" It's good to be here in Wrigley Stadium! " Jeff Gordon

# 31 sooner111 @ 02/20/10 04:45 PM
I had to many Bud's myself. I meant before the batter steps up in the top of the 7th.

# 32 Buckeyes_Doc @ 02/20/10 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FroznYogurt
I saw this yesterday. I thought it was old. I should of posted this. Oh well lol.
LOL you didn't post this! What were you thinking?

Anyways this looks great. Quick question is it possible to connect your ipod to the PS3 and copy songs right off your ipod to your PS3?

# 33 MatrixTN @ 02/20/10 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbently
Is it possible to connect your ipod to the PS3 and copy songs right off your ipod to your PS3?
Only if it's PC formatted, it doesn't like Mac formatted pods. Alternatively, you can copy them to a thumbdrive.

# 34 HealyMonster @ 02/20/10 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixTN
Only if it's PC formatted, it doesn't like Mac formatted pods. Alternatively, you can copy them to a thumbdrive.

2 question, I have a portable HD I use for school, could I connect that? It has a USB connection.

secondly, can you include broadcast music so when the game stars it sounds like an espn broadcast? I am new to the show so not sure there,. Im going to be spending a lot of time with music man. this is cool

# 35 Tommyklaid @ 02/20/10 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAZ
"Go Cubs Go" playing after a win at Wrigley? I am now the world's happiest human.

You BEAT me to it.... Go Cubs Go!!!!

(Annoying to everyone but "we" Cub fans...yesss!)

# 36 bukktown @ 02/20/10 08:28 PM
I wonder if they added more markers. And I wonder if the 'in between innings' music is gonna run through the game's stadium reverb.

# 37 MatrixTN @ 02/20/10 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKBond007
270 slots.
It was 240. And its still three marks per song.

# 38 idesign2 @ 02/20/10 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKBond007
Where can we verify this? and still doesn't answer my question..is it still going to "240"?
There is a screen grab at the blog site that shows there are still 3 marks for each sound file.

Hopefully we'll get a few more details about file limits next week before the game ships. I have a ton of sound files already saved on my PS3, but I'm not gonna go looking for new sounds if the file limit is still 240.

# 39 oakland89 @ 02/20/10 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by randombrother
If by New York New York song you mean Empire State of Mind then no you wont be the only one rocking that as I'm sure they'll be rocking the hell outta of it in Yankee Stadium all year on the way to another World Series title.
He's talking about Sinatra...

# 40 oakland89 @ 02/20/10 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner111
Place: Wrigley Field - Chicago. If I add " that announcer from Chicago that drank Budweiser's " singing at the 7th inning stretch, I wonder will the song carry over to the first batter in the top of the 8th? This particular piece maybe lasts 2 minutes. Or does the camera maybe pan the crowd or stadium until your song is done than go to the 8th? Remember how they did it on WGN back in the day?

" It's good to be here in Wrigley Stadium! " Jeff Gordon
My guess it would fade out once the batter steps in.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.