Home
MLB 10 News Post

Check out the new classic stadiums MLB '10: The Show video.

View the HD version right here.

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Perfect Zero @ 02/22/10 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Franchise
Russel, this was posted already and we have a no-tolerance policy about this. This is gonna need to be locked.

# 42 Randor2000 @ 02/22/10 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarityman
Makes me sad that I cannot pre-order the game, since I want to get it at a mom an' pop store as soon as possible. Anyone know of any way to work around this? Or does anyone know if the trophies are any more reasonable than last year so I can try for the platinum?
The work around is not to buy from a Mom and Pop. While I think it's honorable that you make the extra effort for your local shop it comes at a price. On the plus side though, I would be willing to bet you will be able to buy them on the PSN store sooner rather than later.

Is the platinum thing confirmed? I think that was just someones idea that got turned into "fact".

# 43 Randor2000 @ 02/22/10 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Franchise
Russel, this was posted already and we have a no-tolerance policy about this. This is gonna need to be locked.

Aww man now Ramone has to be banned from the boards. Where will we get our info now?

# 44 Rob_NYY @ 02/22/10 05:50 PM
Wow...check out the boobs at 1:15.

# 45 idesign2 @ 02/22/10 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
Wow...check out the boobs at 1:15.
Never knew Lara Croft was a baseball fan.

# 46 CommunityCollege @ 02/22/10 06:11 PM
Can't wait till next Tuesday

first thing imma do when I get out of school is head straight to Gamestop to get my reserved copy with the voucher!

# 47 countryboy @ 02/22/10 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarityman
Makes me sad that I cannot pre-order the game, since I want to get it at a mom an' pop store as soon as possible. Anyone know of any way to work around this? Or does anyone know if the trophies are any more reasonable than last year so I can try for the platinum?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWayneFTW
Same here dude
the classic stadiums will be available for download at a later date on the PSN.

# 48 countryboy @ 02/22/10 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKBond007
Really liking the stadiums..I think I'll play some Spring Training games in those and special occassions..Be cool in feature years in my franchise to have a throw back stadium week where some teams match up in the classic ball parks..maybe when 2 old teams face each other as a milestone game...

Just one question any news on how to get these in Canada? or is it gonna be a DLC only for me? I don't mind spending the cash but hope its not too long to purchase.
I believe someone stated that amazon.ca has the same deal as the amazon.com.

# 49 countryboy @ 02/22/10 06:23 PM
As far as the stadiums go....beautiful...absolutely beautiful.

# 50 Chai2112 @ 02/22/10 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman2012
Anyone know if we will have an option of playing in these old ball parks with the "Black and White" look?

It would make the experience even better when playing in these old ball parks
Just turn the color off on your tv. I'm not trying to be a smarta$$ - I just thought of it - actually a pretty good idea.

# 51 PhantomPain @ 02/22/10 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Haha I'll just turn the color down to 0 on my TV and put the sharpness to 100 or something for that weird grainy halo effect.

Maybe I'll play on an SDTV too.
^^^page 3 at the bottom

Quote:
Just turn the color off on your tv. I'm not trying to be a smarta$$ - I just thought of it - actually a pretty good idea.
It is a good idea, but I'm afraid you can't get credit

# 52 Chai2112 @ 02/22/10 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
^^^page 3 at the bottom

It is a good idea, but I'm afraid you can't get credit
haha i was thinking someone must have thought of it already, but i was far too lazy to scroll through and check.

# 53 jfazyankees @ 02/22/10 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMan1486
Anyone know when the stadiums will be released without the preorder?... I'm sacraficing the stadiums to get the game this week and really want to play in these ballparks. If anyone knows it would be much appreciated.
If there is a Gamestop near you they will let you pre-order in-store. Also, Amazon has a $6, yes SIX DOLLARS, Release-day shipping that will make sure that it gets there the 2nd. Both will get you the stadiums.

# 54 ARMORALLL @ 02/22/10 10:16 PM
I just pre-ordered my copy so I'll be getting these ballparks.

# 55 Kolbe @ 02/22/10 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randor2000
Is the platinum thing confirmed? I think that was just someones idea that got turned into "fact".
That platinum thing is confirmed.

You can get the stadiums 3 different ways:
1) Pre-order
2) Buy them off of the PSN store
3) That Platinum Thing

-K

# 56 rckabillyRaider @ 02/23/10 01:32 AM
Man, I'm not one to really care about these little things but those parks look excellent! I'm most likely getting the game this week (hoping tomorrow or wednesday) so I definitely will be buying these on the PSN.

# 57 johnnyg83 @ 02/23/10 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsman8669
To each his own, I guess...but I believe one of the MVPs had the historic ballparks and if you played there, it was in a sepia tone.

I personally didn't like that. I want to feel like I'm in the game, not watching it on tv.

Just my .02.
IIRC, you could turn the Sepia thing off in MVP 05.

# 58 RGmoney @ 02/23/10 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg83
IIRC, you could turn the Sepia thing off in MVP 05.
Yep. Called "Cooperstown" Effect. Could be turned ON/OFF.

# 59 bhurst99 @ 02/23/10 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
LOVE classic ballparks. i wonder if they'll be classic ballparks DLC...i.e.
Ebbets Field, Brooklyn
Rickwood Field Birmingham
Baker Bowl, Philadelphia
Sicks Stadium Seattle Pilots
Seals Stadium San Francisco Giants
Tiger Stadium Detroit Tigers
League Park Cleveland Indians
Braves Field Boston Braves
Colt Stadium Houston Colt .45s
Cookis Cutters i.e. Riverfront Stadium Cincinnati Reds, Three Rivers Stadium
Pittsburgh Pirates, etc...

Ramone? thanks
I know they looked at Ebbets Field but licensing that name was outrageously expensive.

Knight and I played a game at the Polo Grounds at the Community Event and it certainly was unique. Knight had a 265-foot homer to right field and I had an inside the park home run to deep left that rolled forever.

I'll be curious to see if anyone uses one of the classic stadiums as their home park in their franchise and see what kind of home run numbers they get.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.