Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

The Major League Baseball 2K10 demo is now available for 360 users. Please post your impressions here.

Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 tj1182 @ 02/23/10 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reo
Start > My Controller > Controller Setup > LB / RB > Back
Oh. Did not see that. Thanks for the heads up.

# 22 reo @ 02/23/10 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
Can someone talk about pitching......has it improved any over the last few years or is it still pretty much pinpoint all the time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by reo
Depends on gesture.

However, I understand what you're referring to. It's not High Heat style. I miss on gesture a bit. If you're right on, it'll go exactly as you wish. If you miss a bit (on gesture), you'll miss a tad in location as well. Halladay has fantastic control, I haven't pitched with him yet, about to do that now and see if there is a difference between him and Sabathia (who has decent control, but not as good as Halladay).
Using Joba right now, missing quite a bit (good gesture too). Just throwing fastballs atm. Maybe this area has been tweaked a bit. More impressions in this area is needed.

# 23 reo @ 02/23/10 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
Has anyone tried to check swing, wonder if it has been squeezed in the demo....
Just did it in classic. I do not know how to do it in total control. LoL.

Quote:
Can you button-hit then?
Yes.

# 24 Bat @ 02/23/10 06:00 AM
Played 2 games.

1st game I mixed up pitches and lost 2-0. (Joba vs Bastardo (me)

2nd game I threw only fastballs down the middle and tied 0-0 (Joba vs Bastardo(me) - Throwing nothing but fastballs and getting 1-2-3 innings the fist two, then 1 hit in the 3rd concerns me. Especially with a lower pitcher vs the Yankees.

Both games despite no hits Swisher was player of the game.

Looks alot nicer than last year though.

# 25 ChubbyBanana @ 02/23/10 06:01 AM
After playing a game of the Demo, here's my quick pros/cons:

Pros
  • Lighting Looks Improved from 2k9 Demo
  • Player Faces/Models Look Good IMO
  • Pitching While Taking Time To Get Used To Can Be Fun

Cons
  • Bat Sounds Seem Like Mixed Bag
  • Players Sometimes Slide Into Position To Make Catch On Double Plays/Throws To First
  • Wall Collision Detection Seems Off A Bit

Overall I'm Impressed With The Demo, and have high hopes for this year's Installment of the Franchise. The Cons aren't frequent enough to be gamebreakers to me and I would be some peope wouldn't even notice them.

# 26 reo @ 02/23/10 06:04 AM
Players are taking strikes and swinging at pitches off the plate (players with high strike out totals). Good to see that . . .

# 27 bonannogiovanni @ 02/23/10 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reo
Just did it in classic. I do not know how to do it in total control. LoL.
Thanks, this is great news for me, in total control you should pull back as soon as you push forward. Enjoy the demo...

# 28 Woodcutta @ 02/23/10 06:10 AM
Well, ran into major glitch on the first pitch. Rollins hits a line drive to the left field wall and the ball gets stuck under the wall. Both the LF and CF go crazy running back and forth until Rollins comes all the way around for an inside-the-park HR. The fielders still didn't get to the ball. So, yeah...collision detection might need some work.

# 29 ChubbyBanana @ 02/23/10 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFelix
Thanks for the impressions.

Is this the final build, though? I thought it was but maybe I'm wrong.
Post Edited

# 30 reo @ 02/23/10 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodcutta
Well, ran into major glitch on the first pitch. Rollins hits a line drive to the left field wall and the ball gets stuck under the wall. Both the LF and CF go crazy running back and forth until Rollins comes all the way around for an inside-the-park HR. The fielders still didn't get to the ball. So, yeah...collision detection might need some work.
Damn.

# 31 reo @ 02/23/10 06:24 AM
Quote:
Thanks, this is great news for me, in total control you should pull back as soon as you push forward. Enjoy the demo...
I'm wrong.

It doesn't have a check swing out over the plate. If you swing early, you'll be hit by a fooled animation. The check swing I was referring to was stepping in, but I noticed it wasn't registering my swing. So, no, you can't swing then check it (making sure your bat doesn't cross the plate).

This is on classic and total control.

# 32 tj1182 @ 02/23/10 06:26 AM
In four games I haven't had a ball hit to the wall yet, or any double plays.

Twice I won with the Yankees and Swisher was player of the game. Even though he did nothing. Not a gamebreaker though.

# 33 reo @ 02/23/10 06:27 AM
Grand slam by Jayson Werth. Crowd animation in which they fight for the ball needs to last until the ball hits the stands. Obviously, need to look up for the ball too. Just a nitpick. Also, notice the WPA stat. Nice.

# 34 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/23/10 06:27 AM
As someone already mentioned. We may just have ourselves a game of baseball..

Since many have talked about Pitching & Hitting I will talk about Fielding. Specifically Outfielders. It looks like they totally re-did the outfield play. I noticed OF taking different paths to the ball. I saw them running towards hits with their gloves on the ground like they were ready to gun someone out trying to take that extra base. I saw head-tracking.

They even allow for you once in the circle area of a fly ball to let the catch animation take over so you can pre-load your throw if you need to. IMO it's been very nicely done

I'm really liking the different camera angles being used on replays, especially on strike-outs. It really allows you to see the pitch & how it moved.

Both Hitting & Pitching seemed to better. I only played 2 games. The Gesture seems very sensitive which isn't a bad thing. I did like that when I did miss a gesture it wasn't an automatic MEATBALL. The pitches varied in the zone.

Graphically this game looks nothing like 2k9 & may be the best this series has ever had. Uniforms look great. The new cloth physics animate nicely. The lighting look fantastic. In 1 of my games you could see the clouds moving across the field.

I'm pretty sure this thread will be fun to read during work. Gotta go...

# 35 pokerlife @ 02/23/10 06:28 AM
played one game and there was 7 homeruns total 3 by me.
Everything seems to fast like when you hit a ball to the infield its like you dont even have control/ ball is hit next thing u know your fielder has it and you make the throw to first lol
Swing animations look ugly to me as well when you miss. There quick and jerky. Maybe the other baseball game spoiled me but this is in no way a buy for me

One thing i liked was when u hit homerun the camera follows you around all the bases kinda cool

# 36 reo @ 02/23/10 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj1182
double plays.
I've had a 4-6-3.

# 37 nadasfan @ 02/23/10 06:29 AM
Anyone else play a night game yet? Nice lighting progression from 1st to 3rd inning. (Looks accurate as it gets darker as the innings go on).

# 38 reo @ 02/23/10 06:30 AM
Maybe I'm losing my eyesight (it is late) but I swear I just saw some debris fly behind Cano while I was hitting with Francisco.

EDIT: Just noticed it was the bullpen. LoL. A bit far though for me to see the ball from here. Funny . . .

# 39 ChubbyBanana @ 02/23/10 06:39 AM
Liking that the demo allows for different Pitchers. I just started it up again to record a quick video and noticed that Andy Pettite was on the mound this time.

Nice Touch and way to keep it fresh!

# 40 reo @ 02/23/10 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyBanana
Liking that the demo allows for different Pitchers. I just started it up again to record a quick video and noticed that Andy Pettite was on the mound this time.

Nice Touch and way to keep it fresh!
Word.

Pitching is lovely. Can't get enough of it. I know it's a low difficulty level, but it's just too much fun. Getting a batter 1-2. Throwing a 12-6. Oh man . . .

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.