Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

The Major League Baseball 2K10 demo is now available for 360 users. Please post your impressions here.

Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 ballerizme @ 02/23/10 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
You have to hold down the L-Trigger...but dont do it too early or your guy will take off to early. You have to hold it down for like a second before the pitcher makes his move, so you have to time him. You will feel the controller rumble and then your guy will take off.

If you hold it too late, you will get a bad jump. Its a pretty cool system.
Thanks. I got it now. I agree, it is great new way of stealing. You have to time it just like they do.

# 82 HealyMonster @ 02/23/10 09:53 AM
A little concerned about what I saw in the video.

Batter 1: 1 Pitch flyout to center
Batter 2: 1 Pitch line drive hit to center
Batter 3: Had more pitches but the first one was a pitch out, then the runner stole on the second so there was no swinging, then the batter immidiatley swung on the next pitch , flyout to center
Batter 4: 1 pitch single to center
Then batter 5 actually walked but his at bat seemed out of place with the rest of them but does anyone else see my point?

I havent the demo yet, but ive been in this thread and people are "buying this game" and "2k is back",etc and from what I saw in the video of the demo, its more of the same to me, i mean what are you guys seeing?

# 83 jeffy777 @ 02/23/10 09:53 AM
It's amusing to me how the majority of the impressions here are positive, but over at Pasta's site they are going on about how terrible it is.....no suprise there.

I just finished my first game and am quite impressed with how much better it is this year. Looks like this series is finally turning around in a positive way. It's not perfect, but it's really quite good, and should be even better once we can tweak the difficulty and cameras in the final game.

# 84 findinghomer @ 02/23/10 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
I havent the demo yet, but ive been in this thread and people are "buying this game" and "2k is back",etc and from what I saw in the video of the demo, its more of the same to me, i mean what are you guys seeing?

im agreein with you. in fact things i like about 2k9 are gone, the pitching angle, and the ball leaving the bat presentation, now its more like the show which is boring. also im really really concearned that the stat inlays are doin the same wonky misrepresentations, and EVERYONe is rated a D at walks just like 2k9, which causes batters to hack.... what else is still in there from last year???

overall i thinks a little better but i was on the fence about maybe gettin this, in fact i have been more excited about this than the show. but i see 'too much 2k" still.... again, not horrible, but definately NOT impressive. probably wont buy again unless i get bored of the show again

# 85 Trevytrev11 @ 02/23/10 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
A little concerned about what I saw in the video.

Batter 1: 1 Pitch flyout to center
Batter 2: 1 Pitch line drive hit to center
Batter 3: Had more pitches but the first one was a pitch out, then the runner stole on the second so there was no swinging, then the batter immidiatley swung on the next pitch , flyout to center
Batter 4: 1 pitch single to center
Then batter 5 actually walked but his at bat seemed out of place with the rest of them but does anyone else see my point?
I just watched Chubby Banana's video, which I think is CPU vs. CPU and this crossed my mind. I think 3 of the first 4 hitters swung at the first pitch and put it in play and then the 4th guy worked a drawn out walk....However the pitches they were swinging at did seem to be very hittable pitches.

Then I read FindingHomers post about them hacking away at 3-0 pitches and my concerns grew.

I think this was game killer numero uno last year (at least numero tres) and had hoped (and still do since this is a demo) that this had been basically re-done). It just doesn't seem like it would take much to make most hitters in most situations take 3-0 pitches regardless of location.

# 86 BrianFifaFan @ 02/23/10 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Especially that swing analyzer Brian.. that's STRAIGHT out of MVP. Love it.
I was laughing at my pitch analysis. It looks like a really bad etch-a-sketch. LOL! I'm kinda laughing at how much I see that reminds me of MVP. They had Brinkman and the game didn't become MVP. Now he's gone and they are taking whole things out of MVP, so much it looks like a clone in some aspects, like the throw meters and the hitting analysis. Why didn't they do it then? It worked then, and it's working for me now..... Overall, good basis for the series to get going in the right direction. I'm buying....

# 87 greenegt @ 02/23/10 10:08 AM
I'm glad to see the positive impressions. Looking forward to trying it out.

# 88 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/23/10 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
I just watched Chubby Banana's video, which I think is CPU vs. CPU and this crossed my mind. I think 3 of the first 4 hitters swung at the first pitch and put it in play and then the 4th guy worked a drawn out walk....However the pitches they were swinging at did seem to be very hittable pitches.

Then I read FindingHomers post about them hacking away at 3-0 pitches and my concerns grew.

I think this was game killer numero uno last year (at least numero tres) and had hoped (and still do since this is a demo) that this had been basically re-done). It just doesn't seem like it would take much to make most hitters in most situations take 3-0 pitches regardless of location.
Trevy, If you work the plate the AI will take pitches. As for the IE Menu, I didn't noticed the D-Walk Rating because I was busy observing other things.

I brought the issue of the D-Walk Rating when it pop-up in the 1st Pitching Video 2K put-out to Ronnie @ 2k & I will follow-up with him again to see if this will be a problem.

homer, the pitching camera angle hasn't been changed. It's LOCKED for the DEMO. We were told already that Customizable Cameras are still in the game as they were in 2k9.

# 89 jeffy777 @ 02/23/10 10:24 AM
One complaint is that the shadows look pretty jagged, but overall the graphics and lighting got a nice upgrade this year. So far it looks like I'll be buying it, kudos to VC

# 90 Trevytrev11 @ 02/23/10 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Trevy, If you work the plate the AI will take pitches. As for the IE Menu, I didn't noticed the D-Walk Rating because I was busy observing other things.
Yeah, I understand and definitely don't want to jump to conclusions on a two minute video. I just wish they could get 3-0 logic down. I don't want to face Jason Kendall and have him swing at 3-0 pitches...but enough already..I'll quit bitching about something I have yet to experience...moving right along to those impressions!

# 91 DaveDQ @ 02/23/10 10:27 AM
The animations are smoother but sometimes they aren't appropriate to the situation. For instance, on a grounder to second, the second baseman does a 360 spin and winds up to throw to short, but he's about 5 feet away from 2nd. It doesn't always happen, but when it does, it looks odd, especially with the ball coming out so slowly when the thrower looks like he's about to hum it.

I do like the new stealing animations, with the slow motion feel. Does anyone know if the CPU is throwing for you? I had a guy steal on me but It didn't feel like I arranged the throw.

After 3 games, I'd definitely say this is 2K's best baseball offering yet. Lots of nice things happening in the gameplay, especially with hitting and pitching.

# 92 nemesis04 @ 02/23/10 10:30 AM
How does the new the defensive swing feel? Does it make sense when you are approaching certain counts?

# 93 dubuque @ 02/23/10 10:30 AM
kind of reminds me of high heat but needs inprovements, announcers, anamated crowd other then that its good

# 94 WTF @ 02/23/10 10:32 AM
Downloading... Can't wait. Sounding good.

# 95 eko718 @ 02/23/10 10:36 AM
The game feels good so far. Physics are much improved in terms of the trajectory of the ball off the bat. Defensive swings are a nice addition; There's a much better sense of control at the plate and mound. Homeruns seem realistic and contextual unlike last years game. Graphics to me are underwhelming, especially in comparison to 'The Show's' stellar graphics. Statistics are robust and more importantly useful. Graphics are dramatically improved from 2K9 but that's not saying much at all. If 'The Show' had 2K's control scheme as an option it would be the perfect game to me. Batting stances look great... much improved and quite accurate.

# 96 SeerMagicX @ 02/23/10 10:37 AM
PROS:
Pitching is great
I for one love the defensive swing. I managed to get CC to throw 26 pitches without getting a run.
Fielding is much improved

CONS:
Still a homerun fest. I've hit atleast 3 in every demo
Outfielders play way to deep, get to the lines way to fast... so much for doubles.
CPU still hacks at everything.

Much improved, and still a mess.

# 97 nadasfan @ 02/23/10 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
How does the new the defensive swing feel? Does it make sense when you are approaching certain counts?
I thought it worked pretty well in 2 strike counts. I used it a bit. Fouled the majority of pitches off while using this but also a couple of ground outs to the third baseman. Using this lead to some pretty long at batswhere i was able to work the pitch count.

# 98 nemesis04 @ 02/23/10 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadasfan
I though it worked pretty well in 2 strike counts. I used it a bit. Fouled the majority of pitches off while using this but also a couple of ground outs to the third baseman.
Cool thanks. I would assume from time to time you can still mange a base hit with the defensive swing.

# 99 DaveDQ @ 02/23/10 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I think it does. This is the first time I am able to actually work the count and see pitches better, and I am very impatient at the plate. It just comes easy for me. i'm not sure if it's because of the camera or the help from the pitch locater. The hit stick is very responsive, so when you do have a deep count, it does help to chop it away. You just have to make sure your timing is on. That's probably the hard part, timing.

It makes sense to use it when you should. It's not something that is substantial on its own, but it does what it was put in place for.

# 100 nemesis04 @ 02/23/10 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I think it does. This is the first time I am able to actually work the count and see pitches better, and I am very impatient at the plate. It just comes easy for me. i'm not sure if it's because of the camera or the help from the pitch locater. The hit stick is very responsive, so when you do have a deep count, it does help to chop it away. You just have to make sure your timing is on. That's probably the hard part, timing.

It makes sense to use it when you should. It's not something that is substantial on its own, but it does what it was put in place for.
Thanks! I hope to try it out soon.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.