Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

The Major League Baseball 2K10 demo is now available for 360 users. Please post your impressions here.

Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Smitty730 @ 02/23/10 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reo
Remember, you can get out of those animations sooner by using LT until you're ready to release the ball. For example, hold LT as you're fielding the ball, and release once throwing power hits the green area.
thanks for the tip

# 162 jake44np @ 02/23/10 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp90805
game looks to arcade ish but it looks improved
I couldnt disagree more!
What looks arcadish about it?

# 163 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/23/10 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp90805
game looks to arcade ish but it looks improved
What? See jake's comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
I couldnt disagree more!
What looks arcadish about it?
You took the words right out of my mouth!

# 164 Bat @ 02/23/10 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFelix
I hate seeing the wrong hat on players... I know, I've been pretty vocal about that, and it probably seems very petty to a lot of people... I just don't understand why 2K has players in the wrong hats. As soon as the acquisition is completed, ESPN.com or MLB.com has the player in the correct hat. Since 2K has the MLB license, I would assume that they could have every player in the right hat. I guess I just bring this up in case any developers for 2K are reading this... Getting the players in the right hats would do a lot for the presentation, IMO...

My apologies for bringing this up again guys, but it really does bug me.
You would think by now they could find a way to patch in updated pictures. I agree with you totally. I hate wrong hats on guys. Even more so I hate blank silhouettes for fake players. Just show a team logo. (That goes for alot of sports games).

# 165 CarrotJuice @ 02/23/10 02:55 PM
played two games this am. Its amazing how much this game has improved this year! Very smoth controls and framerate. graphics boosted. Love the new crowd and reactions. Big thumb up here!

# 166 kashmir28 @ 02/23/10 02:58 PM
Please excuse my laziness for not reading 20-plus pages if I'm repeating anything already mentioned.

First, the defense seems to be on super assist. Not sure if this is an attempt to overcompensate for last year's numerous problems or not.

For instance, opposing runner on third with two outs. Grounder to first, but I trigger the throw home wanting to see the plate collisions animation. The throw was made to first anyway. I clearly triggered the throw home. Even in the outfield, the fielders seem sort of "out of my hands" with flyballs. There will likely be a slider or option for this, hopefully.

Also, the graphics are dreadful during live play. Fielders are indistinguishable from one another because of the camera distance, causing a last-generation look. Again, hopefully adjustable in the retail release.

I liked how the stadium had a different look at night. Pulled of much better than 2K9. Plus, the batter camera angle was a pleasant surprise. Though I've had a fair share of yearly swings, I'm sure adjsuting to that will be simple.

One final thought. I'm hoping there is better collision detection in regards to homeruns in the retail version. The collision detection seems to be in place on foul balls, but not homeruns (at least from my experience). Wasn't this an issue two releases ago? Seeing a ball fly through a wall really kills any hopes of achieving realism.

# 167 kashmir28 @ 02/23/10 03:01 PM
Oh, one other note. Know its nitpicking, but the jumbotron overall is just killing me. Two releases in a row with career stats and huge amounts of empty space surrounding the overall? Would seem easy enough to change, but with all the other issues 2K seems to have addressed, I guess I'll have to deal with it.

# 168 Blzer @ 02/23/10 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashmir28
Oh, one other note. Know its nitpicking, but the jumbotron overall is just killing me. Two releases in a row with career stats and huge amounts of empty space surrounding the overall? Would seem easy enough to change, but with all the other issues 2K seems to have addressed, I guess I'll have to deal with it.
I think this is all part of an earlier build, though. If you see the newest comparison video that VC released, there's a shot of Chase field that shows it has filled out.

# 169 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/23/10 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFelix
I hated that last year as well... Luckily for us, they fixed the blank silhouette this year, but the hat problem still remains. I just think if you have the updated photos like MLB.com does, use the MLB License you have and get everything updated. Not doing so makes the game look outdated to me. Pretty nitpicky but damn, it's just a big pet peeve of mine.
I posted a question about this but, nobody said anything. Were did you hear it was fixed?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...m-players.html

# 170 thornie @ 02/23/10 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
I posted a question about this but, nobody said anything. Were did you hear it was fixed?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...m-players.html
I believe I read somewhere they were using generic CPU modeled faces instead of blank silhouettes ala MVP Baseball.

EDIT: Here you go...

# 171 SeerMagicX @ 02/23/10 03:13 PM
has anyone hit a ball to the fence yet? 13 games in, not one double in the gap. not a single ball that went all the way down the line.

# 172 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/23/10 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thornie
I believe I read somewhere they were using generic CPU modeled faces instead of blank silhouettes ala MVP Baseball.

EDIT: Here you go...

Nice!!!

# 173 duke776 @ 02/23/10 03:17 PM
Played my first game just a few minutes ago after learning creating a new xbox account gives you a 1 month free gold trial. Had a blast with the game. If anyone would've seen my first attempt at a power swing with A-Rod I think they would've died laughing, I was at least 2 seconds early on the swing. Bastardo fooled me with a changeup. I also broke up a double play, which was an awesome thing to see after not having them at all last year. Grounded out to first on a defensive swing with Jeter, nice to see they're not just foul balls. Overall I really liked what I saw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
After about 2 hours of waiting to download...lol
Your internet sounds similar to how mine used to be, only mine took at least 3 hours to download if not more for a demo. Luckily we switched internet companies and now mine only takes 15-20 minutes to download.

# 174 NumberOneRB @ 02/23/10 03:19 PM
After playing the demo, it is amazing to see just how much the developers were able to improve from the last iteration. The graphical improvements are VERY noticeable and the animations and frame rate overall are quite surprisingly superb. I LOVE the pitching and fielding mechanic, and I'm starting to get a feel for the hitting mechanic as well (although the demo difficulty setting is too low so its a bit too easy to hit). I can't imagine how much more improved the final build will be. I'm very much considering purchasing this game.

# 175 Jamin23 @ 02/23/10 03:20 PM
I like hearing the positive impressions. I haven't gotten to play the demo yet, but it sounds like this game is the game that gets 2k back on track. I can't imagine what 2k11 will be like.

# 176 Wavebird99 @ 02/23/10 03:26 PM
Just played two quick games:

Best new thing:
- Batting is awesome. I like the camera view alot actually, and the CPU pitcher actually throws balls and works the count. Its awesome as heck. Seriously.

What I liked:
- Pitching was great, but I hate the angle they give in the demo. I much prefer the one shown in the Gameplay vid from Gameinformer.
- Hitting, as stated previously.
- Fielding in the OF is much, much better.
- Game looks very good. Not amazing, but good.

What I was kindy iffy about:
- Infielder animations are wonky/weird from time to time. Not a big deal, but some animations of "field groundball throw to first" look pretty bad.

I didnt have any issues with guys not hitting balls in the gaps or anything like that. In fact, I hit a homerun with Tex in my 2nd game (with a contact swing!), it was a fastball up in the zone so I think that helped

Also, allowing different pitchers for each team is awesome awesome awesome.

Ill be buying this. Hopefully the Manager AI is good.

# 177 MrArlingtonBeach @ 02/23/10 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
I like hearing the positive impressions. I haven't gotten to play the demo yet, but it sounds like this game is the game that gets 2k back on track. I can't imagine what 2k11 will be like.
I agree. While I did switch to the other game after the 2K9 mess, it is good for competition to hear that VC and 2K are stepping their game up. And it's even better for Xbox-only owners who want a quality baseball game.

Unfortunately, it was a lot of things a three-inning demo can't show (broken Franchise mode, freezing, stat inaccuracies/glitches, AI coaching/pitching change issues, etc.) that cost 2K my business last season. Here's hoping they got that stuff right as well.

# 178 DaveMN @ 02/23/10 03:34 PM
Any thoughts on baserunning? One of my biggest beefs last year was having one of my baserunners start retreating on base hits instead of breaking toward the next base on contact.

# 179 Jeffery 09 @ 02/23/10 03:47 PM
This game seems to be leaps and bounds ahead of 2k9, I really like the hitting view from the videos I've seen, its similar to the view I use on the other game. For those of you playing the demo, does the ball seem to get to the plate faster, I remeber it was so slow in 2k9, and the depth perception was way off in 2k9, it seems like the ball is actually coming to you in this game. It looks great, I like the "wet dirt" effect on the infield and it seems to feel like your actually in the ball park. Nice job 2k, heres to hoping the ps3 version isnt far away from this!

# 180 Wavebird99 @ 02/23/10 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffery 09
This game seems to be leaps and bounds ahead of 2k9, I really like the hitting view from the videos I've seen, its similar to the view I use on the other game. For those of you playing the demo, does the ball seem to get to the plate faster, I remeber it was so slow in 2k9, and the depth perception was way off in 2k9, it seems like the ball is actually coming to you in this game. It looks great, I like the "wet dirt" effect on the infield and it seems to feel like your actually in the ball park. Nice job 2k, heres to hoping the ps3 version isnt far away from this!
The ball speed was really slow last year, I agree. I had to move the slider all the way up for it.

In the demo the ballspeed is really good. I like it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.