Home
Backbreaker News Post

One of the Backbreaker forum members, managed to scan the Xbox 360 Magazine preview of the game.

Quote:
"Just thought I'd point out to all those UK BB fans, there's a new 4 page preview hitting the stands today. There are some juicy quotes in the there!"

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 1 kjcheezhead @ 02/24/10 02:44 PM

# 2 kjcheezhead @ 02/24/10 02:48 PM

# 3 Enigmatic52 @ 02/24/10 03:59 PM
Any way to get a summary of the article. My job has this site blocked for some reason.

# 4 kjcheezhead @ 02/24/10 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic52
Any way to get a summary of the article. My job has this site blocked for some reason.
Not a lot of new info. 2 vs 2 online play is mentioned and players won't be able to take created teams online, at least not in the main lobbies, but possibly vs friends.

It talks about Euphoria being true innovation that will change how people view sports games but they were concerned the casuals may see it as gimmicky and not give it the chance it deserves.

Overall, it left me with an impression that they thought Backbreaker could be a sleeper hit that could change how EA does business.

# 5 TheWatcher @ 02/24/10 04:40 PM
Three things stood out:

*Not being able to use created teams online --- this is a mistake and a pretty big one. If they're that concerned with people using nasty logos that will be inappropriate for little Timmy to see, then why not just allow people to take their overall uniform online minus the logo? At least then the user would still retain creative control.

OR, they could've made an specific option where you create your main uniform and then have an online version of the uniform that allows you to either use their pre-made logos or none at all. You just have to hope for online gamers that they did one of these things and didn't just cut it out altogether and force you to use entirely developer-made uni's online.

*Players flashing and the ball flashing... why? I mean, I read why they did it... but my question is "why", like, is it really necessary?

*Is it just me or was the writing of that article nauseating? I think the writer tried to be clever and deep, but just wound up coming across as over-intellectualizing.

# 6 adamgod8 @ 02/24/10 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Three things stood out:

*Not being able to use created teams online --- this is a mistake and a pretty big one. If they're that concerned with people using nasty logos that will be inappropriate for little Timmy to see, then why not just allow people to take their overall uniform online minus the logo? At least then the user would still retain creative control.

OR, they could've made an specific option where you create your main uniform and then have an online version of the uniform that allows you to either use their pre-made logos or none at all. You just have to hope for online gamers that they did one of these things and didn't just cut it out altogether and force you to use entirely developer-made uni's online.

*Players flashing and the ball flashing... why? I mean, I read why they did it... but my question is "why", like, is it really necessary?

*Is it just me or was the writing of that article nauseating? I think the writer tried to be clever and deep, but just wound up coming across as over-intellectualizing.
I agree with a lot of what you said, especially about that writer (3 or 4 typos).

As for the players flashing, all visual assists are turned off on Pro-Mode. So these won't be there.

And as for the created teams online, so far the only thing we know is you can't use them in PUBLIC matches. So if you are playing a friend, this MAY (can't say for 100% sure) still be an option. But even without the fact of obscene names, if you allowed users to use their created teams online...everyone would just make there team 99 overall and it would be dumb.

# 7 TheWatcher @ 02/24/10 04:57 PM
^^^ Good to know about the turn-off for the flashing. I'm happy about that one.

About the created teams... I know this might make some online gamers snarl, but I wouldn't even care if they didn't let me take created players online. I just would rather they didn't take away my say-so with my online uni's. I couldn't imagine playing All Pro Football online for example, without being able to take your custom uni's online.

# 8 CreatineKasey @ 02/24/10 05:04 PM
That no custom team thing may take away from possible NFL replica leagues from being created. That's not a game killer for me personally, but I would've liked to be in an NFL league in BB.

# 9 CreatineKasey @ 02/24/10 05:13 PM
Wait.. I think you can use custom games online. It just says you'll have generic decals... not generic teams.

THE DREAM IS ALIVE!!

# 10 SouthernBrick @ 02/24/10 06:01 PM
Anyone see that New England Pie-triots on the last page of the article? Wasn't expecting that lol.

There are online creative teams right? Not having them won't be a make or break but, It will leave a bit of a dent in my soul.

# 11 alliance4g63 @ 02/24/10 07:15 PM
Yea I will be kind of pissed if you can't take created teams online. But I have to see how the game works first. I'm not trying to create a perfect team nor do I want to play against a 99+ rated team. I would just like to create my uniforms. I don't mind using a generic logo.

I want to know how the teams are set up or how you put your team together. Do you create players from scratch or do you pick from a pool of players. I can't wait to see team profiles and see if there will be strengths and weaknesses. I really hope the teams are diverse because I would hate to play against the same teams over and over online.

# 12 Bellsprout @ 02/24/10 07:41 PM
What's with the little bump out in the field?

# 13 t11 @ 02/24/10 07:44 PM
IF you look closely, you can see the entire picture is warped in the area horizontally. It was probably just an article created when it was scanned to the computer.

You can clearly see the field is straight in videos.

# 14 Bellsprout @ 02/24/10 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by t11
IF you look closely, you can see the entire picture is warped in the area horizontally. It was probably just an article created when it was scanned to the computer.

You can clearly see the field is straight in videos.
Didn't think of that. It makes sense.

I take back my complaint.

# 15 TheKasmar @ 02/24/10 07:47 PM
Ok, in the last page where the headline says Excited? Is that a typo what I'm reading underneath it. Please tell me I'm reading that wrong.

It says Internet/Your Opponents could be full of *******

# 16 adamgod8 @ 02/24/10 08:14 PM
Some missed clues maybe....

1) Under the word "Excited" it says a positive is that you can create , "ehem, real gridiron teams".....this hints at the fact that the logo creator will be capable enough for users to produce real NFL logos

2) Under the negative it says your opponents (endzones?, it was cut off) could be full of penises....this hints at the fact that we actually will be able to see uniforms

3) another thing that hints at the fact we will be able to see customized uniforms is under "Get your kits out. This is our jersey. When you see us out there, prepare to lose."

Sounds like this guy just has no clue to be honest.

# 17 shavane @ 02/25/10 09:14 AM
Rob - Senior Producer confirmed this...

Wow this has really spiralled out of control again! Let me clarify... though I'm not going into complete details since a lot of this will be covered in the upcoming previews.

1) You can take your custom team online
2) Your friends will see your full team design including logos and endzones
3) Strangers online will see a default logo and endzone replace your created logos but your team will otherwise remain the same statistically. And YOU will still see your logo creations and endzones.

Bottom line... the title of this thread is incorrect. You 100% can take custom teams online and play anyone you want.

Further information about custom teams will be revealed in due course.

This is gonna be a great ride...

# 18 Methlab @ 02/25/10 09:51 AM
Oh man, if the gameplay is great, we have something here. I can't wait to hear more.

# 19 DaveDQ @ 02/25/10 10:01 AM
I'm really becoming excited for this game. I don't like the constant "this will hit EA where it hurts" mentality. For people who want something different, or something that is recreating how we play videogame football, Backbreaker has great potential. Hoping the game puts EA in its place will just lead to more frustration.

All EA has to do is flex its NFL muscle in the casual gamer's face and it's a lock for them.

# 20 sb24 @ 02/25/10 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan54matt
wtf what is wrong with this guy .... full of penises .... well i guess he is trying to say that the people online will be a ton d-bags? what ever as long as i can use my bears on that game then i will be all good ... quick thing does anyone know what type of equipment will there be to choose from because i am one of those people that really cares about the equipment that players wear.
If your big concern is equipment dont even buy the game. Based on most of what you said i dont recommend you buy the game. In case you havnt noticed, all players wear visors. Obviously player models and equipment is the least of their concerns (which gives me hope they have the right focus).

At least they confirmed you can take your teams online you just wont see the other guys logos. That was a pretty good idea.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.