Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Jon Robinson, over at ESPN Videogames, sat down with Producers Ben Haumiller and Russ Kiniry, as they break down nine changes being made to NCAA Football 11. They have also posted the very first screenshot from the game.

Quote:
"Numbers on helmets might seem inconsequential to some gamers, but if you're an Alabama fan, the fact that the video game recreation of your school doesn't accurately represent the uniform details you cheer so hard for on a weekly basis has been driving you message board mad & as in, leaving threats of "I'll never play the game again," on any sports gaming board you could find in hopes someone at EA will finally hear your cries.

Cry no more.

"Alabama fans, we hear you," says "NCAA Football 11" producer Ben Haumiller. "This game's for you."

That's right, not only will "NCAA Football 11" finally feature Alabama's famed look that includes numbers on helmets, but now when gamers create their own schools using the wildly popular "Team Builder" (over 500,000 teams were created last year), they can put numbers on the sides of their helmets then watch as they actually appear in-game.

But that's not all the "NCAA Football 11" creative crew has in store for this year's game."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 281 Gossennator @ 03/07/10 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
Second. 2 completions in Death Valley and all of a sudden back-up ULaLaLa QB turns into robo QB.
Seems pretty realistic to me..

# 282 Watson @ 03/07/10 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossennator
Seems pretty realistic to me..
How many years has it been again, i'm not very good with numbers

# 283 SageInfinite @ 03/07/10 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
i'd just be happy if they got the sound back to PS2 levels, i remember when they had the screen shake going and the crowd going nuts, it was phenomenal...nothing close to that on next-gen though..
Yea some guys didn't like the screen shake, personally I loved it. I hope they really bring the atmosphere back to this series.

# 284 Watson @ 03/07/10 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Yea some guys didn't like the screen shake,
You wouldn't like it either when it's 3rd and a mile at Autzen

# 285 Watson @ 03/07/10 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
I remember this last USC game, on one of the third downs it was so loud that everything started to sound scratchy, I just stopped yelling to enjoy how loud it was.
Thread Hijack

That's why I think Death Valley is overrated these days (2008-on). Too many people go and be "OMGZ DEATH VALLEY DIS IS SO KEWL." I mean; there have been 2 times since 2008 that Death Vally has impressed me: The blocked FG vs Bama in 08 and 1st 3rd Down vs. Florida 09. Aside from the students (which i sit in, that's a story for later) nobody yells anymore. I hate it. I'm not saying DV sucks, i think there is still the lore that makes it the toughest place to play. (No disrespect, D and squeeze, I'm very fond of The Zoo) Just ask Alex Tejada, John Vaughn, and JPW.

/rant

# 286 booker21 @ 03/07/10 08:08 PM
I hope the CPU use the Formation Subs as well, otherwise the human will have a bigger advantage over the CPU team

# 287 J-Unit40 @ 03/07/10 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
I hope the CPU use the Formation Subs as well, otherwise the human will have a bigger advantage over the CPU team
Very good point. If used properly by the CPU, that would be a very nice element to the AI.

# 288 JAYMO76 @ 03/07/10 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
You wouldn't like it either when it's 3rd and a mile at Autzen
Funny you say that. In my second season at Arizona St (2006) we went into Autzen and the game went to OT... I pulled it out. That game will go down as my favourite ever. It was the screen shaking and the noise was perfect. When you go into power programme schools the card needs to be stacked against you. I would personally love to see the 06 version of stadium pulse back... that and the composure/skill bubbles.

# 289 Hova57 @ 03/07/10 10:59 PM
how about rival games mean something like the backyard brawl, or pitt vs. penn state(custom schedule off course), florida vs. lsu , fsu vs. miami or clemson. i always feel like the those games are just games on the schedule in the game. there should be sometype of playoff atomosphere in the game for rival games. that's what they are irl.

# 290 jbrew2411 @ 03/08/10 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Happy to see Formation Subs for the first time since the switch to the 360/PS3. It will be a huge let down for me as well if the CPU don't use it. Why put it in if the CPU/AI don't use it.

# 291 imwhatzup @ 03/08/10 09:45 AM
towels and hand warmers..yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

# 292 Gossennator @ 03/08/10 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
Happy to see Formation Subs for the first time since the switch to the 360/PS3. It will be a huge let down for me as well if the CPU don't use it. Why put it in if the CPU/AI don't use it.
It would be hard for the NCAA team to go in and see how much RB1 plays compared to RB2 for 120 teams. I can't even imagine how hard it would be to set specific WR/TE sets, and nickel sets. It would be neat though.

# 293 longshot23 @ 03/08/10 01:06 PM
This game looks awesome, bout time they started putting some bells and whistles in this game.

# 294 jbrew2411 @ 03/08/10 02:09 PM
Quote:
It would be hard for the NCAA team to go in and see how much RB1 plays compared to RB2 for 120 teams. I can't even imagine how hard it would be to set specific WR/TE sets, and nickel sets. It would be neat though.
I didn't mean to use "huge let down" since I know EA will not go that far. I'm just happy to know formation subs are in. wrong choice of words.

# 295 cclary24 @ 03/08/10 02:09 PM
I think the top thing that should be changed for NCAA 11 is running Animations. It would be nice to see the running backs running style be a little more life like and realistic. but not just for running backs but for all positions. right now they still move kinda roboticlly when running for a touchdown or chasing a ball carrier.

# 296 MrRedDevil @ 03/08/10 10:26 PM
I just hope the defense has a chance at stopping people.

# 297 Cryolemon @ 03/09/10 02:27 AM
Quote:
I think it could be done as part of the playbook creation process.

# 298 ODogg @ 03/09/10 08:50 AM
cclary24 - i second that, the running animations are awful

# 299 Hova57 @ 03/09/10 09:07 AM
running animations and recieving animations the jump ball needs to come back

# 300 Squeezee12 @ 03/09/10 12:30 PM
All three video blogs are up. Same info as the last news release.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.