The Show Community has posted the top pitchers from MLB '10: The Show

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 TeixeiraFanatic @ 02/26/10 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by opd897
No Zach Greinke in the top 10? Seriously? He did win the AL Cy Young last year Sony and beat Roy Halladay (he is number two on the list) for that honor while playing for a bad overall team. WOW!
Take in consideration, that this is based on the past 3 years. While Greinke had the better year this year, Halladay has been doing it for years. Keep in mind that it wasn't like Halladay didn't play on a bad team either. I do believe he should definitely be in the top 9 though.

With Lee, again the three year rule. Yes, he won the AL Cy Young in 08 but he only went 14-13 this year. He led the MLB in hits allowed with 245, while having a WHIP of 1.24. In 8 more innings this year than 08, Lee gave up 30 more hits.

Why people that say the Mariners have the best 1-2 punch in baseball confuses me when the Cards have a 2005 NL Cy Young award winner and should've been 2009 NL Cy Young award winner in Chris
Carpenter and the NL's leader in innings pitched and wins in Adam Wainwright.

The Mariners do have a great pitcher in Felix Hernandez who is becoming one of the most feared pitchers in the game. But he had, yet again, ONE GREAT year being this year.

Waino has had 3 solid years. In 08, he went 11-3 while missing 14 games. Imagine what he would've ended up going if he played the whole year. In 07, Waino's first full season as a starter, he went 14-12 for the worst Cardinals team since the beginning of the decade.

Now I agree with the Mariners probably being the most improved team of the year, but they still need to fix that offense.

# 22 skinfan31 @ 02/26/10 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeixeiraFanatic
Take in consideration, that this is based on the past 3 years. While Greinke had the better year this year, Halladay has been doing it for years. Keep in mind that it wasn't like Halladay didn't play on a bad team either. I do believe he should definitely be in the top 9 though.

With Lee, again the three year rule. Yes, he won the AL Cy Young in 08 but he only went 14-13 this year. He led the MLB in hits allowed with 245, while having a WHIP of 1.24. In 8 more innings this year than 08, Lee gave up 30 more hits.

Why people that say the Mariners have the best 1-2 punch in baseball confuses me when the Cards have a 2005 NL Cy Young award winner and should've been 2009 NL Cy Young award winner in Chris
Carpenter and the NL's leader in innings pitched and wins in Adam Wainwright.

The Mariners do have a great pitcher in Felix Hernandez who is becoming one of the most feared pitchers in the game. But he had, yet again, ONE GREAT year being this year.

Waino has had 3 solid years. In 08, he went 11-3 while missing 14 games. Imagine what he would've ended up going if he played the whole year. In 07, Waino's first full season as a starter, he went 14-12 for the worst Cardinals team since the beginning of the decade.

Now I agree with the Mariners probably being the most improved team of the year, but they still need to fix that offense.
I understand the three year thing, but why is Wagner on the list? Especially that high.

# 23 Mets2004 @ 02/26/10 08:43 PM
wow, no krod is a joke, and feliciano is a top notch reliever maybe not top 9 but was hopeing to so him up there

# 24 Aragorn523 @ 02/26/10 08:43 PM
No Verlander in the top 10 is suprising.

# 25 TeixeiraFanatic @ 02/26/10 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinfan31
I understand the three year thing, but why is Wagner on the list? Especially that high.
I was wondering the same thing. He did fine in 08 and 07, but wasn't used as a closer last year and I thought that last year was weighted on the heaviest. Oh well.

# 26 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/26/10 08:44 PM
WTF? Matt Thornton anyone? Seriously? Thornton had the 2nd best WAR of any reliever of 2.5 (behind Broxton, ahead of Wuertz). Thornton is EASILY a top 9 reliever, and probably top 5.

Also, Where is Cliff Lee and Zach Greinke? But especially Lee, he has done it for 2 years now.

# 27 AInquisition @ 02/26/10 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn523
No Verlander in the top 10 is suprising.
Agreed

Matt Thornton got hosed, he was the 2nd best reliever in the game last year based on WAR (behind Broxton)

# 28 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/26/10 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AInquisition
Agreed

Matt Thornton got hosed, he was the 2nd best reliever in the game last year based on WAR (behind Broxton)
Great minds think alike. Of the 3 white sox omissions in my opinion, the Matt Thornton one if the most obvious. The other 2 are debatable, Matt Thornton is NOT.

# 29 king_hali @ 02/26/10 08:52 PM
Leaving Zack Greinke out of the top 10 pitchers is the worst sports game rating I have ever seen in my life. He was the best pitcher in the league last year........

# 30 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/26/10 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_hali
Leaving Zack Greinke out of the top 10 pitchers is the worst sports game rating I have ever seen in my life. He was the best pitcher in the league last year........
Not really. I can see the argument because Greinke only has done great for 1 season. Verlander and Cliff Lee are bigger omissions on the starters list really.

# 31 BatsareBugs @ 02/26/10 09:06 PM
Really hard to list all the great pitchers in the league when you can only see nine on the list at the time. Again, like I've said numerous times already, it is possible that the players "omitted" have the same overall as the last player or two on the list, but because of the tie, they are ranked in no particular order.

I'm surprised that Mike Adams being the highest rated middle reliever, but I won't complain.

Edit: ATLNYankee, the only way Mo gets number 1 is if you drop Broxton's and Nathan's ratings, they are tied in overall.

# 32 econoodle @ 02/26/10 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
Not really. I can see the argument because Greinke only has done great for 1 season. Verlander and Cliff Lee are bigger omissions on the starters list really.
ok, so who comes off?
its not liek theres chumps up there lol

# 33 JahCreations @ 02/26/10 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
No K-Rod yet Billy Wagner is up there?

I was thinking the same thing..

# 34 king_hali @ 02/26/10 09:13 PM
Quote:
He has been under a 3.7 era the last three years, and last year was statistically the best pitcher in baseball. Sorry there is no way you can excuse that ...

# 35 csker7 @ 02/26/10 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyjesus
i would think jeremy affeldt and brian wilson would make the top 10...
my thoughts exactly. wilson not in the top 10 is really not a big deal, cuz he still can improve...affledt was the best setup man in baseball last year, so i dont see how he isnt on the list.

# 36 king_hali @ 02/26/10 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauk25
I have to say, i havent disagreed with any ratings but having the Cy Young Award Winner off the list is really really really suprising.
exactly.....

# 37 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/26/10 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
ok, so who comes off?
its not liek theres chumps up there lol
Carpenter, Haren, and maybe even Santana.

# 38 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/26/10 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_hali
He has been under a 3.7 era the last three years, and last year was statistically the best pitcher in baseball. Sorry there is no way you can excuse that ...
I didn't say he has not been good, but he has not been great, or even a top 15 pitcher until last season. Again, I am not saying he does not deserve to be in the top 9, but to say it is the worst ratings ever, or however you exactly said it, is silly because there is a valid counter argument.

# 39 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/26/10 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by csker7
my thoughts exactly. wilson not in the top 10 is really not a big deal, cuz he still can improve...affledt was the best setup man in baseball last year, so i dont see how he isnt on the list.
Thornton was the best set-up man last year, however, the Brian Wilson argument is valid....

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.asp...n=2009&month=0

# 40 king_hali @ 02/26/10 09:23 PM
Quote:
I didn't say he has not been good, but he has not been great, or even a top 15 pitcher until last season. Again, I am not saying he does not deserve to be in the top 9, but to say it is the worst ratings ever, or however you exactly said it, is silly because there is a valid counter argument.
Well that should prove that its not a fluke or something like that.. I mean if he had been crappy his whole career and came out of nowhere I MIGHT understand. It is fact he is a top 5 pitcher this season, nobody that follows baseball would argue that....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.