MLB 10 News Post

The Show Community has posted the top pitchers from MLB '10: The Show

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 ParisB @ 02/26/10 09:25 PM
Does it REALLY matter guys?

We all know who the best players are in real life, and the video game reflects that....the players are so closely ranked, there isn't much difference between the 1st couple of players, and the 10-15 range.

Just like every year, all the players tend to perform like they do in real life.

Whether they're ranked 2nd, or 5th, or 6th overall....it doesn't matter.

# 42 econoodle @ 02/26/10 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
Does it REALLY matter guys?

We all know who the best players are in real life, and the video game reflects that....the players are so closely ranked, there isn't much difference between the 1st couple of players, and the 10-15 range.

Just like every year, all the players tend to perform like they do in real life.

Whether they're ranked 2nd, or 5th, or 6th overall....it doesn't matter.
sorry but these r some of the best threads on here, the variety of opinions rocks.
contribute here, its fun.

# 43 king_hali @ 02/26/10 09:29 PM
If a game "brings you closer" to the game than any other game you would think the reigning AL CY YOUNG WINNER might, just might be a TOP 10 pitcher...

This is a blatent disgrace....

# 44 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/26/10 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_hali
Well that should prove that its not a fluke or something like that.. I mean if he had been crappy his whole career and came out of nowhere I MIGHT understand. It is fact he is a top 5 pitcher this season, nobody that follows baseball would argue that....
I would agree he is a top 5 pitcher this season. However, they do these ratings based on the previous 3 years (2007-2009). Again, I agree he should be on this list, but I think omitting him is not as huge as a tragedy as you made it seem.

# 45 econoodle @ 02/26/10 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
What did he do the last 2 years, before last year? I like seeing Timmy #1. And thought maybe B. Wilson would be in the top 10, but oh well. I like the player ratings this year.

i agree with what u say
plus, yea, the ratings r good this year.

# 46 king_hali @ 02/26/10 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
I would agree he is a top 5 pitcher this season. However, they do these ratings based on the previous 3 years (2007-2009). Again, I agree he should be on this list, but I think omitting him is not as huge as a tragedy as you made it seem.
just admit you are slightly bias as a white sox fan... lol jk

seriously tho, as a royals fan I am fine with a team full of horrible ratings.. thats fine...

but when we FINALLY have a star on the team, who undeniably was a top 5 pitcher, to see him left out of the top 10 pitchers really bothers me... Yes I am overreacting but cmon give the dude some credit, he had the worst run support in the league and STILL wins a cy young award... I dont think you grasp the type of season he had.. HOw many straight scoreless innings to begin the year????
He had a historic year...

NO EXCUSE!

# 47 Reaman @ 02/26/10 09:41 PM
Thanks for posting.

# 48 king_hali @ 02/26/10 09:50 PM
2008- 3.47 Era and only 3 fewer wins than last year....

2007- 3.69 Era

NO EXCUSE......

# 49 king_hali @ 02/26/10 09:52 PM
Remember he plays for the Royals, he is this good with TERRIBLE run support.

how many of the top 10 pitchers have teams as bad as Greinke?

# 50 Russell_SCEA @ 02/26/10 10:01 PM
Some of you picked up on it some have not look at the overall bar the top 5 pitchers are identical in their overall's. There is only a frame or two different in the next five pitchers and in that shot Greinke is number 10. If you do another fantasy draft he might show up 9 on that list.

# 51 Greene_Flash03 @ 02/26/10 10:04 PM
Yeah baby! Mike Adams is no secret anymore!

# 52 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/26/10 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Some of you picked up on it some have not look at the overall bar the top 5 pitchers are identical in their overall's. There is only a frame or two different in the next five pitchers and in that shot Greinke is number 10. If you do another fantasy draft he might show up 9 on that list.
This. People have to stop belly aching and treating these like "normal number" systems like in Madden or 2K. they are not.

You have no merit to complain if you don't understand how the system works to begin with.

# 53 king_hali @ 02/26/10 10:12 PM
I would love someone with a straight face to tell me that Jake Peavy or Dan Haren is a better pitcher than Zack Greinke...

# 54 CommunityCollege @ 02/26/10 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by opd897
No Zach Greinke in the top 10? Seriously? He did win the AL Cy Young last year Sony and beat Roy Halladay (he is number two on the list) for that honor while playing for a bad overall team. WOW!
probably was a fluke...

# 55 pistolpete @ 02/26/10 10:21 PM
Grienke and Lee are sweet and all, but comparing them to Halladay is pretty silly.

# 56 ty5oke @ 02/26/10 10:26 PM
Quote:
Remember he plays for the Royals, he is this good with TERRIBLE run support.

how many of the top 10 pitchers have teams as bad as Greinke?
Royals scored 46 more runs than the Mariners last year.

Continue on...

# 57 king_hali @ 02/26/10 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke

Continue on...
thats 1 and Felix is on the list...

# 58 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/26/10 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke

Continue on...
Greinke Run Support last year was 3.8

Hernandez Run Support last year was 4.4

# 59 ty5oke @ 02/26/10 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Greinke Run Support last year was 3.8

Hernandez Run Support last year was 4.4
Hey.. you weren't suppose to delve in further with that info.

Plus the guy asked for what team's were as bad as the Royals. So I still get some credit.

# 60 BatsareBugs @ 02/26/10 10:39 PM
Quote:
I would love someone with a straight face to tell me that Jake Peavy or Dan Haren is a better pitcher than Zack Greinke...
Yes.

Peavy was a triple crown winner in 2007 and was a great pitcher in 2008, then was alright in 2009 before being sidelined by injuries, then ended the year strong for the White Sox.

And before you complain, the Padres have been just as pathetic in 08 and 09 as the Royals. In 07 the were decent for half the year offensively.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.