Home
MLB 10 News Post

Franchise Play has posted plenty of MLB '10: The Show videos. Here is a link to their Youtube channel.

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Doormat @ 02/26/10 11:49 PM
THANKS SO MUCH!!

# 2 econoodle @ 02/26/10 11:51 PM
awesome find
i wouldnt have found it! lol

# 3 nmycon @ 02/26/10 11:56 PM
you're welcome guys... its so much better to SEE the differences, not just read about them...

here are a few subtle improvements i've noticed... that may not pop out to others:

- players go down the dugout stairs after side is retired, instead of just standing by stairs
- new animation for HR Derby pitchers... more relaxed, not a big windup/stretch
- over 100 Generic batting stances, at least 471 stances in total
- Obvious improvements in umpire and baserunner animations
- new Digital "Around the League" scoreboards (more realistic, shows diamond with bases and score to the right)
- umps may wear black or light blue shirts, depending on date and time of day
- fans leave their seats and shuffle by others to get to the aisle (only thing is... they still do this even if the row is empty :P)

# 4 Sports fanantic @ 02/26/10 11:56 PM
you guys are the best.

# 5 FKJ22 @ 02/27/10 12:02 AM
Looks great, I love how Citi Field looks, I wonder why the wall adds are missing or its suppose to be like that, behind home plate.

# 6 Bahnzo @ 02/27/10 12:15 AM
Look at the last out in the Mets video.....that's something you wouldn't see in 09. A ball up the middle like that would've been a 12 hopper instead of the nice two bouncer you see this year. Very nice. Also liked how the new ball physics was shown off with that hard slap to the opposite field.....better learn those outfields this time around!

# 7 nmycon @ 02/27/10 12:20 AM
also in Mets game... Zimmerman's hit stays in the corner, allowing him to get extra bases

its not that noticeable, but in 09 the ball probably would have bounced right back to the outfielder

whoever is playing the game expects the ball to come right back, and you can see them turn around before actually picking up the ball

# 8 Doormat @ 02/27/10 12:22 AM
Yeah dude, and by the way, update your sig

# 9 CoreyMac @ 02/27/10 12:26 AM
that first seattle video....ichiro reaches first on the walk and gets to the bag.....then it cutscenes to him going to the bag again....i thought it was realtime?

# 10 Tovarich @ 02/27/10 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyMac
that first seattle video....ichiro reaches first on the walk and gets to the bag.....then it cutscenes to him going to the bag again....i thought it was realtime?
was just coming to say this...

I like how the Mets CF just stands around and watches the RF chase the ball against the ball on the Zimmerman triple

# 11 nmycon @ 02/27/10 12:29 AM
there seems to be a bug

ball 4 is dropped... yet Ichiro reacts as if it was a dropped third strike...

obviously in this case it is not real time however i think for a normal walk, the cutscene would play at just the right time to make a smooth transition, that would not be quite as noticible

but i agree, i am disappointed that the walks won't be shown in real time

# 12 Rob_NYY @ 02/27/10 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmycon
there seems to be a bug

ball 4 is dropped... yet Ichiro reacts as if it was a dropped third strike...
That isn't a bug. Ball 4 was in the dirt, so Ichiro ran towards 1B just in case the ball got far enough away from the catcher so that he could try and go all the way to 2B. Obviously, the catcher picked the ball right up, so there was no chance.

Quote:
but i agree, i am disappointed that the walks won't be shown in real time
RTP was obviously turned off in these clips. Everything is cutscenes.

# 13 Doormat @ 02/27/10 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
That isn't a bug. Ball 4 was in the dirt, so Ichiro ran towards 1B just in case the ball got far enough away from the catcher so that he could try and go all the way to 2B. Obviously, the catcher picked the ball right up, so there was no chance.

THANK YOU!!

# 14 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/27/10 12:55 AM
Quote:

This.

# 15 aga11ah @ 02/27/10 12:56 AM
one thing thats been buggin me is the camera changes too fast after a hitter makes contact (From the pitching view)

I dont see how you can tell which way the ball was hit at all. (until u pick it up on the view it switches to in warp speed) ah

# 16 sink4ever @ 02/27/10 01:00 AM
Watching Mariners at Rangers Part 1. Scott Feldman walked Ichiro on what looked to be a slider around the 4:30 mark. Is it just me or did the slider have a lot more vertical break opposed to horizontal when compared to last year's game? If slider break is more individualized this year that's pretty freaking fantastic.

# 17 Mr. Franchise @ 02/27/10 01:00 AM
Game would look so much better if I could see the batters follow through.

# 18 Rob_NYY @ 02/27/10 01:01 AM
Both of those triples were user errors. Watch the first triple, the guy playing ran the wrong way with the centerfielder! That ball may have been caught if he ran the correct direction. At worst it would have been a double.

On the second triple, look at how the player controls to RF. He totally misplayed the ball off the wall, and then he throws the ball from the warning track all the way to 3B!!

This is why gameplay videos should be CPU vs CPU. I don't know about anyone else, but I would get so annoyed when those silly training screens would pop up on the screen! I was screaming for the dude to hit [] and get rid of them.

# 19 CoreyMac @ 02/27/10 01:02 AM
Quote:

I dont know because in video #3 of seattle @ texas.....one of the batters gets plunked and they show him going all the way to first....which seemed real-time to me....

# 20 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/27/10 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyMac
I dont know because in video #3 of seattle @ texas.....one of the batters gets plunked and they show him going all the way to first....which seemed real-time to me....

He could have used different options. He was changing camera angles int he HRD clip.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.