Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

Franchise Play has posted plenty of Major League Baseball 2K10 videos. Here is a link to their Youtube channel.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 mwjr @ 02/27/10 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
I'm loving the commentary. It's great that it will never get old...
I hope not. I know that the developers are touting "dynamic commentary," but how far will it go? In the Braves/Astros video Thorne and Phillips talk about the Braves' great record on the road in 2009. Is the commentary so dynamic that we won't hear that particular fact once the 2010 season is completed?

# 22 Blzer @ 02/27/10 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Cubs V Astros

One issue seems to be that they don't reverse the batter's eye graphic when batting from the BTP cam. So when they're showing a pitch that's supposed to be outside, the graphic shows it coming inside.

Guess they'll have to patch that one in.

# 23 aga11ah @ 02/27/10 07:59 PM
minor gripe from the Braves video.

that announcer butchered Jurrjens 1st name. pronounced it "yah ree" haha.. yikes. way off

# 24 Blzer @ 02/27/10 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aga11ah
minor gripe from the Braves video.

that announcer butchered Jurrjens 1st name. "yah ree" haha.. yikes.
Reminds me of the MLB Power Pros announcer. He said so many names incorrectly, but it was pretty hilarious considering the kind of game that it was.

# 25 basehead617 @ 02/27/10 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFelix
The commentary does seem ground breaking, but to be honest, it might start to get old after a while. How could they carry new things over from year to year in your franchise? For instance, if I win the AL West in 2010, I highly doubt that they will say, "The Mariners' quest to defend their AL West crown begins today," when I start my new season (2011). It hasn't been recorded so I don't see how it could be carried over... The commentary is truly excellent but after playing 100+ games, I am sure it will get stale and I'll start playing games with the volume down.

In order for commentary to be fresh, carrying over year to year in your franchise, something revolutionary has to happen and I don't think we're there yet.
i dont think any videos have shown the 'dynamic' stuff yet, at least the kinds of things NBA Today had in 2K10... they've always had 'last season' wrap up type stuff, that's not new..

# 26 AmazingMets @ 02/27/10 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Presentation is absolutely top notch. Although Phillips did call the Cubs the "South siders"....OOOPS!
Just like in real life where he has no idea what he is talking about half the time.

# 27 malky @ 02/27/10 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFelix
The commentary does seem ground breaking, but to be honest, it might start to get old after a while. How could they carry new things over from year to year in your franchise? For instance, if I win the AL West in 2010, I highly doubt that they will say, "The Mariners' quest to defend their AL West crown begins today," when I start my new season (2011). It hasn't been recorded so I don't see how it could be carried over... The commentary is truly excellent but after playing 100+ games, I am sure it will get stale and I'll start playing games with the volume down.

In order for commentary to be fresh, carrying over year to year in your franchise, something revolutionary has to happen and I don't think we're there yet.
Actually if it's anything like NBA2K10 it will carry over. In that game for instance they will say if you won the championship, or what round of the playoffs you went to the year before. If you lost alot of games the year before, they will have that recorded. It's pretty slick, I would bet that MLB2K10 is the same way.

# 28 triguous @ 02/27/10 09:03 PM
couple of gripes after watching the braves/astros gameplay. nate mcclouth's photo featured him in a pirates hat. the infielders are always playing in. they should be on the cusp of the outfield grass. loving mccann's beard though.

# 29 iceman2012 @ 02/27/10 09:34 PM
WoW the commentary and presentation is so life like!!!!!

This really blows me away!!

# 30 trick02 @ 02/27/10 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman2012
WoW the commentary and presentation is so life like!!!!!

This really blows me away!!
I can't go that far until I see Manny Ramirez come up and Steve Phillips goes into his DID YOU KNOW?!?! speech.

# 31 Spectre @ 02/27/10 09:52 PM
Looks good- they really nailed the pitching animations on these guys.

Also, the video that starts of the My Player mode- I would have loved it if you could watch a full game from that dugout view. I used to do it back in the golden days of High Heat- just set up a custom camera and watch the games.

# 32 dodgerblue @ 02/28/10 12:15 AM
Looking good, possibly most improved of any sports game from one year to the next.

# 33 Jamin23 @ 02/28/10 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
Looks good- they really nailed the pitching animations on these guys.

Also, the video that starts of the My Player mode- I would have loved it if you could watch a full game from that dugout view. I used to do it back in the golden days of High Heat- just set up a custom camera and watch the games.
2k is known for their signature styles. They promote them every year in every game and I think they do them better than any other game.

# 34 Blazzen @ 03/01/10 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Cubs V Astros

Braves vs. Astros actually.

They have Troy Glaus all screwed up. 68 for Power? Puhhlease. They give these guys coming off Tommy John surgery no credit at all. Look at Peter Moyland who came off Tommy John surgery and was 2nd in the NL in appearances.

Glaus doesn't play 2b, he's a 3B/1B and his power should be around 80.

Oh and Tim Hudson isn't a 78 either. Huddy should be AT LEAST as high as Jurrjens at 84.

Wonder how they will rate Heyward once he makes it to the Major Leagues.

# 35 Jistic @ 03/01/10 09:27 AM
Just change their ratings if you don't like 'em.

# 36 Blazzen @ 03/01/10 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Just change their ratings if you don't like 'em.
I plan on it. I don't want to make it outrageous, just want it to be accurate. With Bmac at an 80 in power I figure around 80 should be fair enough for Glaus. Huddy looks to be the teams ace so he should at least be tied with Jurrjens in Rating. Wagoner should probably be about an 80 instead of 78. All of which I plan to edit.

Did like that they got a signature stance for Escobar this year. His power rating at 56 was a bit low, deserves 60s at least.

# 37 RoyalBoyle78 @ 03/01/10 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazzen
Braves vs. Astros actually.

They have Troy Glaus all screwed up. 68 for Power? Puhhlease. They give these guys coming off Tommy John surgery no credit at all. Look at Peter Moyland who came off Tommy John surgery and was 2nd in the NL in appearances.

Glaus doesn't play 2b, he's a 3B/1B and his power should be around 80.

Oh and Tim Hudson isn't a 78 either. Huddy should be AT LEAST as high as Jurrjens at 84.

Wonder how they will rate Heyward once he makes it to the Major Leagues.
really, Glaus is a shell of what he used to be.

# 38 BrianFifaFan @ 03/01/10 09:58 AM
I wish on the Home Run Derby they had some guys sitting around close. I like having the State Farm stuff, but it doesn't really seem like an All-Star level deal. It's more lke batting practice with only the pitching coach and the batter. It's just missing the little touch that would make it seem like the HR Derby... But I'm liking these vids. Has me looking forward to tomorrow!

# 39 Blazzen @ 03/01/10 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
really, Glaus is a shell of what he used to be.
Guys that hits 30+ homeruns year after year (which gluas did for what 5-7 years in a row?) should have 90's power. Glaus should have about 80 power, which is where Chipper is at - another player who isn't quite what he used to be. A comparison to Bmac probably wasnt fair because Bmac is on the rise and not the decline like Chipper and Glaus are. Anyways thats how I'm justifying 75/80 power for Glaus.

But then again anything you say about the Braves has to be taken with a grain of salt being a mets fan.

# 40 brendanrfoley @ 03/01/10 10:15 AM
I just watched the Braves @ Astros clip, and I'm impressed.

Outfielder throwing strength may be a tad too strong, but it is definitely toned down from the demo. The game looks, animates and appears to play leaps and bounds better than last year.

Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.