Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

Franchise Play has posted plenty of Major League Baseball 2K10 videos. Here is a link to their Youtube channel.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 ShowTyme15 @ 03/01/10 05:41 PM
One thing i always disliked about 2k was the fields themselves they look way too small. Oh well. Gonna give this game a try this year I think.

# 62 mwjr @ 03/01/10 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazzen
Just so I'm sure you actually know what slugging % is and how it's calculated, look here:
  1. Add up all official at bats. Do not include those at bats that resulted in a walk, sacrifices or hit by pitch.
  2. Step 2
    Add up total bases. Total bases are how many bases you reached in all the times you hit safely.
  3. Step 3
    Divide total bases by official at bats.
  4. Step 4
    Round to the third decimal place. For example, .57051 is .571.

Take a look at Brian McCann's slugging %. This is someone who is 70/80 in power.

http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=435263

Chipper hits for a high average which results in more total bases which results in a higher slugging %. This plays into Chippers higher CONTACT rating. Brian McCann also hits for a higher average and has a higher contact rating than Glaus. Glaus contact rating is where it should be. Power is not.

Capiche?
LMAO! Wow. Pretty condescending talk. Someone's sure full of himself.

We're not talking about a straight apples-to-apples conversion of a player's power numbers into ratings for a video game, yet you seem to be seeking one. Power is not just about home runs. It's about doubles and triples, as well as other factors (e.g. park factor, which, if you'll notice, Glaus played in more hitter-friendly parks in 2007 and 2006). The higher batting averages don't nullify the power numbers a player puts up. Obviously, it plays a role, but the Slg% can't be discounted simply because of the higher BAs.

I think what you're missing, what's lost in all of this pro-Braves agenda, is the fact that Jones and McCann's numbers have been steadfastly consistent and neither is coming off of major surgery. McCann's youth is a big factor as well. While age most likely plays a factor in Glaus' rating, the fact that he is coming off major surgery is perhaps the biggest factor.

Oh, and you need to check your stats. Troy Glaus has never had 30+ HRs "5-7 years in a row," as you mentioned. The most he ever did it was 3 times in a row back in 2000-2002.

Sorry. That 68 is more than deserved.

# 63 Blazzen @ 03/01/10 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
LMAO! Wow. Pretty condescending talk. Someone's sure full of himself.

We're not talking about a straight apples-to-apples conversion of a player's power numbers into ratings for a video game, yet you seem to be seeking one. Power is not just about home runs. It's about doubles and triples, as well as other factors (e.g. park factor, which, if you'll notice, Glaus played in more hitter-friendly parks in 2007 and 2006). The higher batting averages don't nullify the power numbers a player puts up. Obviously, it plays a role, but the Slg% can't be discounted simply because of the higher BAs.

I think what you're missing, what's lost in all of this pro-Braves agenda, is the fact that Jones and McCann's numbers have been steadfastly consistent and neither is coming off of major surgery. McCann's youth is a big factor as well. While age most likely plays a factor in Glaus' rating, the fact that he is coming off major surgery is perhaps the biggest factor.

Oh, and you need to check your stats. Troy Glaus has never had 30+ HRs "5-7 years in a row," as you mentioned. The most he ever did it was 3 times in a row back in 2000-2002.

Sorry. That 68 is more than deserved.
Didn't mean it to be condescending, I truthfully thought you might have not known how slugging % is calculated because you were comparing a .307 hitter to a .255 hitter and not taking into account that slugging % is TB/AB and a higher batting average will directly contribute to a higher TB total. 52 points of batting average is a good bit. I bet if you crunch the numbers it equates to roughly 75 points in slugging which puts Glaus "power rating" in the same range as Chipper.

Chipper's a few years older and many players have come back strong from surgery (Gonzo and Moyland come to mind).

As bad as many people claim 2k's ratings are I'm surprised to find people so rabidly defending them. Arguging for the sake of argument?

# 64 Smitty730 @ 03/01/10 07:32 PM
Quote:

As bad as many people claim 2k's ratings are I'm surprised to find people so rabidly defending them. Arguging for the sake of argument?

Actually, no.

People are arguing to dispel your dubious contentions about Glaus.

# 65 Wavebird99 @ 03/01/10 07:36 PM
While I love the baseball talk thats going on...

Its Troy Glaus. If you're not happy with his rating, I am sorry

# 66 Blazzen @ 03/02/10 02:51 PM
Downloaded the updated rosters and whaddaya know...

GLAUS is a 73/80 in power.

Tim Hudson is rated 80 overall.

# 67 Bob Digital @ 03/02/10 03:35 PM
This became the Troy Glaus thread, hah..

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtyme15
One thing i always disliked about 2k was the fields themselves they look way too small..
I think the same thing. The way they're rendered or the camera angles make it seem like the outfield isn't much bigger than the infield.

# 68 Blazzen @ 03/04/10 02:11 PM
Quote:
Downloaded the updated rosters and whaddaya know...

GLAUS is a 73/80 in power.

Tim Hudson is rated 80 overall.

Bump!

I am the only one who found it really ironic that several people were saying how Glaus' rating was where it should be and that I'm wrong and then the very next day Glaus' rating was changed to almost EXACTLY what I said it should be?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.