Home
MLB 10 News Post

Chris (Millennium) will be uploading MLB '10: The Show highlight videos throughout the weekend, or as he has time. Keep checking our MLB '10: The Show video page for updates. We have one available right now, between the Cubs @ Reds.

You can also view them from our OS Youtube channel, if you have problems watching them on OS.

*Update: Video #2 is online.

*Update: Video #3 is online.

*Update: Video #4 is online.

*Update: Videos #5 and #6 are online.

*Update: Videos #7 and #8 are online.

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 countryboy @ 02/27/10 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphus8
The only thing that disappoints me is how the crowd reacts to home runs. In the video, the crowd only cheers when the ball crosses the fence; in real life, there's a huge roar that erupts at the crack of the bat when it looks like the ball has a chance. It just feels a bit hollow when a batter hits a no-doubter and the crowd withholds reaction until the ball actually crosses the fence.
I'm not saying it is...but it could be because its a highlight replay.

# 22 Millennium @ 02/27/10 07:07 PM
New video up in the video section: Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim @ Boston Red Sox

# 23 iceman2012 @ 02/27/10 07:22 PM
In that new video why is the catchers mask still on when catching that pop up?

I thought they added a new animation where the catcher throws his mask?

# 24 Knight165 @ 02/27/10 07:37 PM
I'm sure I mentioned it somewhere.
I remember alluding to the fact that the Dynasties will be so much better now because of it.

M.K.
Knight165

# 25 nemesis04 @ 02/27/10 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman2012
In that new video why is the catchers mask still on when catching that pop up?

I thought they added a new animation where the catcher throws his mask?
They do have the catcher throwing his mask in the game but it looks like that pop up was not very high and was a quick reaction type play. On high pops the catcher will flip off his mask, set and make the catch.

# 26 Millennium @ 02/27/10 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
They do have the catcher throwing his mask in the game but it looks like that pop up was not very high and was a quick reaction type play. On high pops the catcher will flip off his mask, set and make the catch.
This.

If you notice, Martinez dove for that ball. Complete reaction play, hence no mask throw.

I think it's nice that the catcher doesn't automatically throw it, making plays like this impossible.

# 27 iceman2012 @ 02/27/10 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
This.

If you notice, Martinez dove for that ball. Complete reaction play, hence no mask throw.

I think it's nice that the catcher doesn't automatically throw it, making plays like this impossible.
Cool sounds good

# 28 idesign2 @ 02/27/10 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcub1221
question...now i know we can save the end of the game highlights but my question is, can we save just 1 or 2 of them or do we have to save them all...now lets say ive got 30 end of highlights saved to my ps3 when i go to edit them and watch them can i string all of them together...or do i have to watch them 1 after the other? would love to be able to edit the 30 i have saved into 1 big video...you know what im asking?

thanks
I assume we won't be able to do what you're describing, but that's fine with me because I'll just save them to a flash drive and edit them on my computer. I did this last year with many of my replays. I saved two views of a home run (one from pitcher's perspective and one following the ball) and then spliced them together using MPEG Streamclip. If I'm extra bored I may throw it into iMovie and add different music.

I love love love having the ability to save end-of-game replays. Can't thank the SCEA guys enough for this! The next step in the evolution of replays is something I'll be asking for in next year's game: weekly franchise compilation highlights. When saving a particular replay, there could be an option that says something like "Save to Week in Review." Provide maybe 7 slots, one for each game that week. Then when Saturday afternoon rolls around in your franchise, the game mashes those highlights together, includes news from around the league, and basically gives you a smaller version of This Week in Baseball. Maybe the game could even provide highlights from games you didn't see (final out of a no-hitter, A-Rod hitting his 600th home run, etc.). And of course, we would have the option of saving the Week in Review to our hard drive as well.

OK, enough about next year. I'm just thrilled with what we'll able to do THIS year.

# 29 Steve_OS @ 02/27/10 09:18 PM
Seattle @ Cleveland up.

# 30 sa012 @ 02/27/10 09:44 PM
Keep them coming! These are great!

# 31 idesign2 @ 02/27/10 09:48 PM
Forgot how naaaaasty those old Mariners jerseys were.

Any chance we could get game footage from one of the classic stadiums? Would love to see the Polo Grounds in action.

# 32 jbrown @ 02/27/10 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubrain2
noticed some collision-detection issues in those vids.. especially the first one when the runner crosses the plate and goes thru napoli's shoulder. wasn't that ironed out? Hey I can't wait for this game man!
I agree. They are getting there but not quite yet. Other than that the Seattle/Cleveland game looked great!

# 33 Craigsca @ 02/27/10 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idesign2
Forgot how naaaaasty those old Mariners jerseys were.

Any chance we could get game footage from one of the classic stadiums? Would love to see the Polo Grounds in action.
Hate to nitpick, but those actually looked like the old Seattle Pilots jerseys from 1969.

# 34 Jason_19 @ 02/27/10 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigsca
Seattle Pilots jerseys

They have a very unique look. I like them.

# 35 Steve_OS @ 02/27/10 11:47 PM
Video 4 is up.

# 36 Millennium @ 02/28/10 07:59 AM
Video 5 and 6 are going up as we speak. New York Mets @ Atlanta Braves, and a Baltimore Orioles @ Minnesota Twins on a "special day" during franchise mode.

# 37 J-Unit40 @ 02/28/10 08:10 AM
^Would that "special day" be Jackie Robinson Day? That would be awesome. Maybe Opening Day?

Thanks for all of the videos guys.

# 38 malachijohn666 @ 02/28/10 08:46 AM
Yeah I know it is only a game I am just saying.. is all.

# 39 countryboy @ 02/28/10 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
^Would that "special day" be Jackie Robinson Day? That would be awesome. Maybe Opening Day?

Thanks for all of the videos guys.
its Mother's Day and the players are using pink bats.

ESPN was right...this game captures the sport of baseball better than any other.

# 40 DieHardYankee26 @ 02/28/10 11:49 AM
Can you show off some Royals footage? I'm anxious to see Greinke's delivery. I think the only reason he won the Cy Young in my franchise is because noone can hit the ball coming out of his elbow lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.