Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Madden NFL 11 fans should expect to purchase digital content this season, according to this write up from IGN.

Quote:
""I think we need to move much quicker, in particular with Madden, through a digital world," Moore stated. "You're going to see more announcements there how we digitize our Madden consumer.

It keeps the disc in the drive longer, it stalls trading the game in, it allows me to be able to take further advantage of that consumer over a longer period of time," he said. "Even if we do get second sales, we see that as an opportunity to drive digital margins."

"Sports games, because their seasonality runs out, are always something tempting to trade in. We've got to be able to build business models around allowing that consumer to trade it in and then monetize them," he added

"We're certainly going to do a lot of that this year."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Joborule @ 03/05/10 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killgod
bring it up with those who were there.

the pm was saved but no longer exists because maddenmania no longer exists.

if he doesn't care to admit ian told him this as he explained to me, then so be it. not a big deal to me if you believe it or not, it's what i was told and that's all there is to it.

take it or leave it.
It's easy to fabricate stuff on the forums. So I'm not going to talk about it any further, but I'm fairly certain that the person who claimed to know back at community day didn't know. Either that or your making stuff up.

The best grasp of knowing about the feature then is when Phil asked us to guess what the feature was without confirming or denying if we're right...

# 102 mmathaifighter @ 03/05/10 09:29 PM
If the game was good enough how quick would people be to trade in the game? I NEVER have a problem finding a used copy of Madden or Live. Finding used copies of the EAs NHL games or Sonys MLB The Show series is an entirely different story.

The point is that if the game is high enough quality people will keep it and continue to play it(NFL 2K5) whether or not the season is over. Maybe EA should focus as much attention to turning out high quality product as they do trying to syphon money out of players pockets.

# 103 ZoneKIller @ 06/16/10 05:14 PM
So now that we know the main features for Madden 11(assuming) Wonder what plans EA has to keep the disc in the consoles?

# 104 thudias @ 06/16/10 05:29 PM
Not franchise mode..Madden ultimate Team

# 105 Valdarez @ 06/16/10 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
So now that we know the main features for Madden 11(assuming) Wonder what plans EA has to keep the disc in the consoles?
3vs3 competition

We know we have we can buy:
  • Boostables (dozens?)
  • Consumables (dozens?)
  • DLC (unknown)
  • Online Pass ($10 for used gamers)
Just think, less than a year ago we had none of those things. Thank you Peter Moore. You've so improved Madden.

# 106 ODogg @ 06/16/10 06:38 PM
Will I still be able to drive a car when I'm digitized?

# 107 ZoneKIller @ 06/16/10 06:40 PM
I just hope they dont come back like 3 or 4 months after the release of Madden 11 claiming that they have finished up some things in Franchise Mode because they actually have been working on it since Madden 10 released and then offer them for DLC.That would stink.

# 108 ODogg @ 06/16/10 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
"....it allows me to be able to take further advantage of that consumer over a longer period of time," he said

Today,June 16,2010,is the first time I have ever seen this.I got halfway through this thread before I even realized it was first posted back in March.How could any self respecting consumer still legitimately purchase this game and put $1 dollar in Peter Moores' or EAs' pockets?

There is no way I will ever purchase ANY EA Sports title again in a way that will profit EA as long as this guy is still there.

I believe in strong principles and that you respond in kind.If people running a company are shrewd but meet their obligation with their product I can respect that and will be shrewd with my purchase but meet my obligation as a consumer.Likewise,when someone running a company comes right out and states their intention is to "take further advantage" of me with their product,I will attain their product with the intention of taking advantage of them.
It was a poor choice of words but I think you know what he meant. He mean get the maximum profit out of the consumer by providing an extension to the product after the initial purchase. I have no issue with any company that wants to maximize their profits so long as I'm getting what I feel is a fair product in return. After all, a company that doesn't maximize profits soon finds itself in bankruptcy.

# 109 ZoneKIller @ 06/16/10 08:23 PM
^^^^ While I cant stand Peter Moore at all I agree with your post 100%

Cant hate em for trying to make money.Thats what built America.If you dont like it just dont purchase it.I dont think I'll be purchasing Madden 11(said that a couple years now) I'll def be getting NCAA 11 FTMFW

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.