Home
MLB 10 News Post

If you think someone in the game has a less than desirable player potential post their name and current potential in the game here, thanks.

P.S. Just post their name, potential, and what you think it should be. That is all, please don't clutter the thread.

*Update: It's a bug and it will be fixed in the next roster update.

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Domlin @ 03/02/10 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbean5277
David Wright an F ? Just cause he had a disappointing year in 09, he is still one of the top players in the game. Should be an A.

Hanley Ramirez a C ? Best player in baseball a C potential. interesting.
Potential was just annouced as a bug, read the thread!

# 42 SpacemanSpiff @ 03/02/10 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbean5277
David Wright an F ? Just cause he had a disappointing year in 09, he is still one of the top players in the game. Should be an A.

Hanley Ramirez a C ? Best player in baseball a C potential. interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Ok guys its a bug and it will be fixed on the next roster update
It's a bug, not intentionally like that.

# 43 wahoo138 @ 03/02/10 04:50 PM
Quote:

Nice. Way to be on it.

# 44 mhagf4 @ 03/02/10 04:52 PM
Maybe my perception is off on this, but I feel like SCEA does a much much better job of listening to, and reaching out to the customer base, when compared to the others out there (EA, 2K, etc)

they heard some gripes, asked some questions, and will fix it quickly.

I work for a software (commercial B2B) company and know how hard it is to catch everything before a release. It is the ability to fix the things that a user notices in a prompt manner that make a company great.

Kudos guys.

# 45 Stunna2006 @ 03/02/10 04:53 PM
was never too worried about this because it will be fixed, which has now been verified. also, i think their next fix will be the waivers, just give em some time, and the flaws will be corrected and the spectacular gameplay will shine.

# 46 VitaminKG21 @ 03/02/10 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhagf4
Maybe my perception is off on this, but I feel like SCEA does a much much better job of listening to, and reaching out to the customer base, when compared to the others out there (EA, 2K, etc)

I work for a software (commercial B2B) company and know how hard it is to catch everything before a release. It is the ability to fix the things that a user notices in a prompt manner that make a company great.

Kudos guys.
+10

# 47 ThirdDegree5803 @ 03/02/10 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJWILLIAMS1
I love the Reds, but I disagree with all these posted. None of these guys are any good. They are average/below average players at best. There are good Reds prospects that need to have the great potential ratings like: Francisco, Alonzo, Heisey, Chapman, Wood, Frazier, and Leake. Dont get these guys above more credit than they deserve. I watch every game being a Reds fan, but you have to be able to distinquish from what your favorites teams guys are talent wise vs. what your perception/wishes their talent was.

Guys everywhere do this far too often. I am not ripping you at all, but you have to take the approach of watching all guys and comparing them to the league around them. None of the guys you mentioned are rising stars or even rising. Come on now, the guys I mentioned above are the Reds "rising stars."

Thanks.
thanks? thanks for what? if you weren't ripping on me it sounded awful close...

Dickerson isn't a B? okay C...I'll I'm saying is he was a B last year...
Paul Janish? he was a C last year w/ S...he had a .991 fielding percentage good for best in the majors among SS and you think he's an F?
Matt Maloney was a C last season and made his first appearance in the majors...how can you say he doesn't deserve at least a B? he's 26...maybe a homer, but I do know my stuff and I know the Reds minor league system man...
Wilkin Castillo was a C last year, I'm not trying to make him any better than he is man...they said its a bug...
Lehr, Fisher, Herrara were all C's last season, Herrara is 24! really? he isn't a B?

thanks?

# 48 Russell_SCEA @ 03/02/10 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by srudoff
Hey Russell - any chance of making potential something that can be edited? Curious as to why it was made static.

Thanks for always being on top of things!
No we can't do that it would break the system. This is why Kolbe and Jeff haven't given users the ability to do this yet. The way the game works is there are only so many A potential guys, B potential, etc......

# 49 vegaas @ 03/02/10 05:06 PM
Quote:
Nice! Thanks Russell.

# 50 apearson19 @ 03/02/10 05:24 PM
Any chance the roster update comes out before Monday due to special circumstances? Thanks.

# 51 uhnoprobably @ 03/02/10 05:25 PM
any news when the roster update is going to be?

# 52 PsychoBulk @ 03/02/10 05:27 PM
Next Monday now as always i believe, weekly Mondays.

# 53 ocho cuatro @ 03/02/10 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoniak
Will the large amount of generic A potential pitchers be corrected as well?
I would also love to know if this will be fixed.

# 54 ocho cuatro @ 03/02/10 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhagf4

Kudos guys.
I agree 100%. The fact that the SCEA folks on this board TODAY processing user feedback, and will fix it so quickly, should make us all feel better.

# 55 mjarz02 @ 03/02/10 05:40 PM
Quote:
Hey Russell, or anyone else, will we have to restart franchises for the patch to work??

# 56 adam914 @ 03/02/10 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarz02
Hey Russell, or anyone else, will we have to restart franchises for the patch to work??
Since its a roster update and not a patch, you will have to restart your franchise with the new rosters.

# 57 franch1se @ 03/02/10 05:42 PM
hey Rusell i started a thread in the roster section about missing players with MLB Time. Would love to have them take over the generic fake players in the game. So far I only have my Padres but I'm sure others will contribute if you could take a look.

# 58 Russell_SCEA @ 03/02/10 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam914
Since its a roster update and not a patch, you will have to restart your franchise with the new rosters.

This

and someone said something about a high number of A potential players?

# 59 19 @ 03/02/10 05:45 PM
Quote:
This

and someone said something about a high number of A potential players?
There seems to be a lot of A potential generic pitchers, someone posted the numbers earlier. I think it was something like 124 generic A prospects, 90% of which were pitchers. I'll try and find the exact count...

Edit : here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho cuatro
I'd also like to see a change in how the "A potential" ratings are distributed through the generic prospects. I like to do completely custom rosters, so the first thing I did was go through the available generic A's to see how many I had to work with.

This is what I found:

* 142 total propects with A potential (seems like a lot)
* 123 are pitchers
* 19 are position players

And since we can't edit potential, there's no way to change this to a more even distribution of pitchers/position players.

I'd love to see this fixed with the first patch.
If I remember correct, in 09 there were only 5 or 6 A potential generic players total, plus the 20 something CAPs.

# 60 rpm123 @ 03/02/10 05:45 PM
In order to get this right, could someone please post on page 1 exactly how this potential rating works? Some have guessed that an F makes the player decline by 10 points per year, but I don't see how you can take user input in the form of letter grades if we don't even know how the letter grades affect the players' progress (on the upswing or downswing of their careers). Sorry if this was already addressed, but I only read the first few pages. Thanks!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.