Home
MLB 10 News Post

Here is our list of the current known issues that we're looking into for immediate attention:

Attendance:
Attendance is not correctly getting reported. In talking with Jeff, he has a fix in mind that is fairly safe but would end up in the actual attendance not mirroring the paid attendance you get in franchise. It would fix the issue where you have 50k+ people attending Spring Training games. This will also fix issues with playoff games and games played in any stadium that isn't your own.
* UPDATE - This was caused by the stadium select screen being added to franchise, causing the attendance to be reset using the non-franchise logic. The stadium select was previously never used for playoff games, so it didn't handle that situation. This is fixed and it also fixes the issue with spring training games showing the attendance as if they were in their home stadium.

Trade Waivers:
Users can claim anyone off of trade waivers - CPU teams will never pull them back.
* UPDATE - fixed this one - a simple fix that will prevent user teams from simply claiming everyone that was passed through trade waivers.

No Contract:
Players can get into a state where they have no contract.
* UPDATE - As soon as a player was placed on release waivers, his contract was cleared. Then if he was claimed, he didn't have a contract. It was also clearing his 40-man roster status, which is what was causing him to go to AAA instead of the MLB team. Have a fix for this.

Player Potential:
Looks like a fairly bad miscommunication ended up with us having some seriously out of whack potentials. This will be corrected with the next roster download (Monday)
* UPDATE - Lorne is taking care of this - will be fixed with a roster update.

Multi Closer issue:
If a CPU team has 2 closers (one acquired in a trade) - they will always send one down to AAA.
* UPDATE - It would just look at the closers and see that they had more than they needed so they'd send one down, but they wouldn't look to see if they could send down a reliever instead and keep the 2nd closer in the bullpen. Have a fix for this.

Multi Trade players:
Not even sure what the details are on this one, but it looks like sometimes a player is traded and then re-traded or waived. Currently investigating.
* UPDATE - I have a fix for the trades. I'll not allow a player to be placed on the trading block by the CPU if he has been acquired by a trade recently.

Manual Trade issue:
I've seen a few reports of users having trades set to Manual and still having trades done by the CPU. Again, no idea how this is happening and we're looking for more information.
* UPDATE - Not sure what's happening here, we can not get this one to reproduce. Whoever is getting this, please make sure that you don't have your profile option set to something different than your global setting. If you need to talk to me via PM or IM for further info, please just say the word!
* UPDATE 2 Thanks to tabarnes19 and a couple hours of debugging we have found the issue and have a fix in the works.

If you respond, please please PLEASE do not be noise. We need clear help or silence - we want these things cleared up as much as you do!

-K

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 661 Cantgetright69 @ 03/09/10 08:12 PM
I just got the game. How do I download the latest roster update that fixes everything?

# 662 countryboy @ 03/09/10 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantgetright69
I just got the game. How do I download the latest roster update that fixes everything?
the latest roster update only fixes the player potential bug. Everything else will be fixed via a patch that has a yet to be determined date.

To d/l the latest roster update, login to Sportsconnect and one of the tabs(sorry don't remember which one) has the option to save roster update. Choose that, save roster, and you're ready to go.

# 663 muelly54 @ 03/09/10 10:11 PM
Anyone know when the SCEA team gets back?

Id really love to see patch by opening day to get started with my chise at that time.

Game is great but needs some major things fixed

# 664 thekodinator @ 03/09/10 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muelly54
Anyone know when the SCEA team gets back?

Id really love to see patch by opening day to get started with my chise at that time.

Game is great but needs some major things fixed
http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/03/09...the-show-patch

sorry. It's gonna be a while. Though some of the suggestions that I've found on OS about controlling all 30 teams, using separate profiles, putting trades on manual, etc., have really saved franchise for me and I'm having a blast.

# 665 The Chef @ 03/09/10 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator

sorry. It's gonna be a while. Though some of the suggestions that I've found on OS about controlling all 30 teams, using separate profiles, putting trades on manual, etc., have really saved franchise for me and I'm having a blast.
Wow, Im patient and all and fully expected this to be out sometime in early to mid April but the idea that the patch might not hit until the end of April or later really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Waiting for Knights rosters is one thing but waiting on this is entirely different. I will continue to use the 30 teams setup and hope that once the patch hits we wont have to restart.

# 666 markpmitch @ 03/09/10 11:10 PM
Quote:

lame...

# 667 muelly @ 03/09/10 11:44 PM
wow that is a huge blow to the game... release a game and not fix it until 2 months later!

What a joke!

# 668 oakland89 @ 03/10/10 01:06 AM
Quote:

Ouch.

# 669 PsychoBulk @ 03/10/10 06:22 AM
Quote:

This has shed a different light on my franchise, theres no way i can afford to wait until what sounds like at least May to start, no way at all if i want to get at least a full season or more in, so the plan at the moment is to wait for the OS Full Minors (work has now started on these) and then start up my franny, the patch will more than likely still be fine on existing frannys so ill go with that.

I wanted to wait but with work not even starting until the end of April, theres no way i can justify waiting that long sadly.

Ill go with the workarounds to stop any crazy trades and just enjoy the game for what it is.

# 670 Flaxseed Oil @ 03/10/10 09:18 AM
I am 3 years deep into my franchise and have only seen one weird thing happen... I am the Yankees, and somehow we made a trade that I didn't have anything to do with. We traded a few minor leaguers to the Marlins for Chris Coghlan.

I didnt notice many CPU trades, but I did see Beckett and Ortiz get traded to the Mariners for some minor league nobody, during the middle of a pennant race. That was odd. Needless to say, I caught the sox and passed them after the deal...

# 671 Pared @ 03/10/10 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muelly
wow that is a huge blow to the game... release a game and not fix it until 2 months later!

What a joke!
You've been here since 2005. It's not like this is uncommon in this industry. Have you never played a sports game in the 4+ years you've been registered? Last year's patch, between testing and waiting for approval, wasn't approved until April 27th.

None of this should be shocking or "new" to a large % of you.

# 672 Chef Matt @ 03/10/10 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
I am glad I have changed my habits for buying sports games, I would be a little ticked off if I had the game and had to wait that long for a patch. I will just wait until the patches come out then buy the game after that. I refuse to buy any more sports games until patches are out. You dont have to deal with the bugs and glitches and by then you can get the game for $20.00 less than release day and it is completed.
I've followed suit this year. Like Pared said below this shouldn't be of any suprise to many of us here. I have only been around a few years and know that I should wait to purchase until it all gets fixed up. Plus I'll be able to pick up a fixed, complete game for a bargain. Win win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
You've been here since 2005. It's not like this is uncommon in this industry. Have you never played a sports game in the 4+ years you've been registered? Last year's patch, between testing and waiting for approval, wasn't approved until April 27th.

None of this should be shocking or "new" to a large % of you.

# 673 Pared @ 03/10/10 09:40 AM
Right.

If you feel THAT strongly about it, stop buying games on release and force sports game companies to fix their QA. Don't buy it first, then complain later.

Be proactive, not reactive.

It's not like you guys don't know this cycle. Heck, people start looking for things to be patched on release day...

# 674 Skyboxer @ 03/10/10 09:43 AM
Quote:
Right.

If you feel THAT strongly about it, stop buying games on release and force sports game companies to fix their QA. Don't buy it first, then complain later.

Be proactive, not reactive.

It's not like you guys don't know this cycle. Heck, people start looking for things to be patched on release day...
Exactly. I for one still think The Show is by far the best baseball game made. Am I disappointed in some of the issues? Of course.
But the issues will get addressed and I'm still enjoying the game and having fun.

# 675 Dreifort @ 03/10/10 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis72
Thats very disapointing. Its sad when a company can charge what these companies charge for games and there not right out of the box let alone the consumer having to wait forever to get a patch to fix things that should not have to be fixed in the first place. Its just not right.

yes.

And because of how well SCEA has prev done with their baseball games (nothing really compares)...it's turned into an unintentional monopoly.

what else are you going to do?

well, I know next yr SCEA won't get my money in March....they'll get it later in the year.

# 676 hydrostar @ 03/10/10 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
I am glad I have changed my habits for buying sports games, I would be a little ticked off if I had the game and had to wait that long for a patch. I will just wait until the patches come out then buy the game after that. I refuse to buy any more sports games until patches are out. You dont have to deal with the bugs and glitches and by then you can get the game for $20.00 less than release day and it is completed.
I wish I had your resolve- that's obviously the best way to go to save money, time, and frustration...

# 677 Dreifort @ 03/10/10 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrostar
I wish I had your resolve- that's obviously the best way to go to save money, time, and frustration...

sadly...I reverted back to playing MLB09. Now if friends come over, we'll play MLB10... but for my franchise fix, etc... MLB09 until MLB10 gets fixed.

# 678 Pared @ 03/10/10 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBucs09
If SCEA were subject to the real world business environment there would be penalties imposed by their customer for not reaching milestones/goals. If a late April patch is true then I should receive 10 $ from SCEA in refund which would be considered a penalty for not addressing problems in a reasonable time frame.
The lengths you guys go to in order to make a point is outrageous.

No software company does this. NONE. I understand you're upset but no point here is grounded and based on reality, simply what-if's. IMO there is no point on discussing what-if's. When you get into a discussion like that, you can argue anything forever, and it's a complete waste of time.

# 679 GoBucs09 @ 03/10/10 10:24 AM
Quote:
The lengths you guys go to in order to make a point is outrageous.

No software company does this. NONE. I understand you're upset but no point here is grounded and based on reality, simply what-if's. IMO there is no point on discussing what-if's. When you get into a discussion like that, you can argue anything forever, and it's a complete waste of time.
Well what you quoted was hypothetical. You are wrong however, I am a software developer and my company is responsible for fixing problems when we release something and if we don't we are penalized for it. I don't however work in the video gaming industry which is different.

I do however take that post back because I remembered what game I am currently playing. Empire Total War, a game that was really bug infested until recently when the latest of many patches over the last year has made it finally playable. I don't remember being upset that it was basically unplayable for a year almost. I was content with waiting until it was fixed. Now that it is fixed I'm having a lot of fun playing it.

So I will be content until MLB 10 is fixed, however long it takes.

# 680 Pared @ 03/10/10 10:27 AM
Well, like I mentioned earlier, we continue to go off topic (I've contributed to it). So now, I have to be the bad guy.

Not much else to discuss. You guys have the update, and at this point it's simply a waiting game.

If you have franchise issues you'd like to post, feel free to do so. But the OT discussions end here.

Thanks.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.