Home
MLB 10 News Post

Here is our list of the current known issues that we're looking into for immediate attention:

Attendance:
Attendance is not correctly getting reported. In talking with Jeff, he has a fix in mind that is fairly safe but would end up in the actual attendance not mirroring the paid attendance you get in franchise. It would fix the issue where you have 50k+ people attending Spring Training games. This will also fix issues with playoff games and games played in any stadium that isn't your own.
* UPDATE - This was caused by the stadium select screen being added to franchise, causing the attendance to be reset using the non-franchise logic. The stadium select was previously never used for playoff games, so it didn't handle that situation. This is fixed and it also fixes the issue with spring training games showing the attendance as if they were in their home stadium.

Trade Waivers:
Users can claim anyone off of trade waivers - CPU teams will never pull them back.
* UPDATE - fixed this one - a simple fix that will prevent user teams from simply claiming everyone that was passed through trade waivers.

No Contract:
Players can get into a state where they have no contract.
* UPDATE - As soon as a player was placed on release waivers, his contract was cleared. Then if he was claimed, he didn't have a contract. It was also clearing his 40-man roster status, which is what was causing him to go to AAA instead of the MLB team. Have a fix for this.

Player Potential:
Looks like a fairly bad miscommunication ended up with us having some seriously out of whack potentials. This will be corrected with the next roster download (Monday)
* UPDATE - Lorne is taking care of this - will be fixed with a roster update.

Multi Closer issue:
If a CPU team has 2 closers (one acquired in a trade) - they will always send one down to AAA.
* UPDATE - It would just look at the closers and see that they had more than they needed so they'd send one down, but they wouldn't look to see if they could send down a reliever instead and keep the 2nd closer in the bullpen. Have a fix for this.

Multi Trade players:
Not even sure what the details are on this one, but it looks like sometimes a player is traded and then re-traded or waived. Currently investigating.
* UPDATE - I have a fix for the trades. I'll not allow a player to be placed on the trading block by the CPU if he has been acquired by a trade recently.

Manual Trade issue:
I've seen a few reports of users having trades set to Manual and still having trades done by the CPU. Again, no idea how this is happening and we're looking for more information.
* UPDATE - Not sure what's happening here, we can not get this one to reproduce. Whoever is getting this, please make sure that you don't have your profile option set to something different than your global setting. If you need to talk to me via PM or IM for further info, please just say the word!
* UPDATE 2 Thanks to tabarnes19 and a couple hours of debugging we have found the issue and have a fix in the works.

If you respond, please please PLEASE do not be noise. We need clear help or silence - we want these things cleared up as much as you do!

-K

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 tabarnes19_SDS @ 03/03/10 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormshadow1
I would like to see who else is having this issue. I think this is one of the biggest issues.

Also, I hope this is not one of the IF patch fixes. This should be a WHEN patch fix. Why play franchise if this happens?

I am going to sim a few season when I get home to see what the deal is.

Anyone else have this issue.

I posted a question to this in the forums before I saw this post. Sorry.
They know about it. Kolbe was able to replicate it. Just have patience I am sure it will be fixed. This team does not like loose threads. The IF comment was used I am sure to cover their own butt in case for some reason unknown a patch cannot be released we ALL will not jump all over them saying they lied.

Have faith....

# 142 texbuk84 @ 03/03/10 05:29 PM
this is exactly why I bought a PS3 and the show. THANKS A MILLION!!!!!

# 143 countryboy @ 03/03/10 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxe_hxc_amf
Sorry if this was addressed already but did anyone find a temporary fix to trades being done even when everything is set to manual issue? is it something to do with the fact I set trades to instantly maybe? Instead of using that thing where I wait a few days to see what they say?

I also didnt get the new patch or any roster updates yet. I was going to wait until Monday to get the one with the potentionals fix unless you think I should get the ones out now and see if that helps any.
here's something to try..

Don't simulate more than one day at a time and each day check your pending transactions. If there is a trade proposed that you did not set up yourself, simply back it out.

Using instant trade option will not work for this temporary workaround. You MUST use the option where you wait a few days for trades to decided upon.

# 144 JayD @ 03/03/10 06:26 PM
So even after attendance is addressed the number you see in a franchise game will not match what you see in the stands? Like if it says I have 50K fans in a 50K capacity stadium I will still see several empty seats? Or are they saying that the in game number won't match your ticket revenue.....?

# 145 Goose26 @ 03/03/10 06:33 PM
Has trade logic been addressed/mentioned at all?

Playing as the Orioles, I was able to trade a couple of made-up minor leaguers, (one with B potential and the other with F) to the Yankees for Phil Hughes and A.J. Burnett. I didn't complete the trade because that is like cheating, but I did go through several other teams and offered those same two nobody's and was able to get full-bar acceptance for many big-name players.

# 146 stlstudios189 @ 03/03/10 06:54 PM
great to see customer service is not dead

# 147 Dreifort @ 03/03/10 08:49 PM
Don't know if anyone posted these bugs yet, but:

1. Can't hit-and-run properly in Manager Mode. If you call for hit-and-run as Mgr...the batter drops a bunt. huh??

2. Can't sub a pitcher defensively - even when the game tells you to do so to keep your PH.

3. AI fielders are broken/buggy/etc. AI outfielder will easily get stuck against walls and pull a Vanilla Ice running man against a stationary wall trying to reach a hit ball while the batter runs the bases for an inside-the-park HR. Also experienced several errors each game I play, quite unrealistic. One game both teams combined for 5 errors. But having 2-3 combined errors per game is common occurance for me so far in MLB10 - a bit high IMO.

4. Maybe it's just me...but I manually told the pitcher to pitch around in Mgr mode and he thew it outside the strike zone. I then tried to perform the same call, but used the L2 shortcut combo instead and nearly give up a HR with a ball hit of the outfiled wall. Next batter try L2 shortcut to pitch around and give up another double to OF!?? wth?

5. In baserunner window after hitting a ball to OF...some African-American players look white in baserunner window. bad textures?

Did Sony beta test MLB10? doesn't seem like it to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose26
Has trade logic been addressed/mentioned at all?

Playing as the Orioles, I was able to trade a couple of made-up minor leaguers, (one with B potential and the other with F) to the Yankees for Phil Hughes and A.J. Burnett. I didn't complete the trade because that is like cheating, but I did go through several other teams and offered those same two nobody's and was able to get full-bar acceptance for many big-name players.
I traded OF Matt Kemp to HOU for P Roy Oswalt (both making more than $10M/per). Then 2 days later, my inbox says HOU has put Kemp on waivers!? huh?

# 148 eman1053 @ 03/03/10 09:16 PM
I am also experiencing problems with trade logic. For example, I offered up some no name minor league pitcher (C Overall, A Potential) for Tim Lincecum straight up and their interest was almost 100%. I am seeing this in every franchise that I play in, CPU controlled teams are also making these sorts of trades EVERY DAY. I just saw Jose Reyes and David Wright get traded for 2 minor leaguers. WTF?

# 149 tabarnes19_SDS @ 03/03/10 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1053
I am also experiencing problems with trade logic. For example, I offered up some no name minor league pitcher (C Overall, A Potential) for Tim Lincecum straight up and their interest was almost 100%. I am seeing this in every franchise that I play in, CPU controlled teams are also making these sorts of trades EVERY DAY. I just saw Jose Reyes and David Wright get traded for 2 minor leaguers. WTF?
Unfortunately that has happened alot so far. I think the potentials on the players may have a part to do with it. The waiver system is a little buggy, and they know about it, hopefully in the not to distant future we all will have a fix for these problems.

# 150 texbuk84 @ 03/03/10 09:33 PM
did trade logic and waivers get fixed yet. dont want to start a franchise until its fixed!!!!

# 151 ktd1976 @ 03/03/10 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsfan2222
I usually go to a date and choose to play St. Louis's games. Is there a different way to do it to sim every game but my own?
If you go to the schedule, and click on it to play your team's game, the next screen has an option to view today's games, or something on that order. Click on that, and it will show all the games for that day. You can sim them individually through that screen...takes about 10 seconds to sim the games for the day.

# 152 chisoxfan922 @ 03/03/10 09:36 PM
I don't if this was asked but do these issues happen on the ps2 version(i know this is a bit old school but dont have money to buy a ps3 just yet)

# 153 Theduke389 @ 03/03/10 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JYakubowski
In reference to the freeze issue from thinkblue 09 and FearTheTurtle:

I also had the opening game between the Orioles and Rays freeze. I believe it was the bottom of the seventh (TB batting) and the game froze on me. The commentators had mentioned that Millwood had thrown 80-something pitches, so I hit select to see his stamina, and that's where the game froze. Does anyone know if it's only this game for the O's, or does it happen again?
I had this problem too. It froze 3 times when i was playing the Rays at the Rays park. Usually happened between the 5th and 7th inning. =/

# 154 DHGFBus @ 03/03/10 11:44 PM
I have two minor issues to report:

1) Sometimes, when fielding as a catcher in RTTS mode, if there's a runner on first, there's graphical tearing in the pop-up box for the runner leading off. I have a picture if necessary.

2) When leading off of second base - also in RTTS - I usually lead less, just because I'm slow as hell, so I hit L1 to go back to second. When the runner then comes off the base to get a bit of momentum, it jumps back to the regular position.

# 155 The Chef @ 03/03/10 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
If you have them set with NO PROFILE, then go into GLOBAL settings, and set everything to AUTO, then, yes, they will handle all of that. You can still go in and override their decisions if you want to.

GLOBAL settings apply to all teams that do not have a profile set for them
This does indeed work? So for someone like myself who doesnt really want to have to mess with everyday things for the CPU but wants the ability to reverse trades if/when it happens, this setup is what I need to do to accomplish this? I sure hope so as trades are always going to have issues in sports games, the unfortunate truth imo. Having that setup mentioned, will the CPU still get random injuries or not? Apologies for the amount of questions but I wasnt sure on these things and figured it was better to ask.

# 156 CBizzle @ 03/03/10 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grydnt Vektr211
did trade logic and waivers get fixed yet. dont want to start a franchise until its fixed!!!!
Nah. It sounds like it's gonna be awhile before we get a fix for that. The dev's are using words like "IF" so it's not a lock yet that their will even be another patch, and if their is, who knows when. I've got my fingers crossed.

# 157 FearTheTurtle @ 03/04/10 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KolbeSCEA
That sounds like bad media - We've not seen any other reports of random freezing.

-K
Thanks for the quick reply.

Two other people have posted with the same problem since I made my post. I don't think there will be a ton of Orioles franchise guys out there, but if 3 of us are all having the same freezing issue, maybe there is some kind of glitch.

Just for the heck of it I'm going to exchange my game for a new copy, we'll see if it happens again.

# 158 texbuk84 @ 03/04/10 09:48 AM
Is there anyway possible to override computer trading! while there are deals being done, I didn't see a ton of them while i was playing in my franchise. I saw about 8 deals done some that where good and some that where questionable( like albert pujols for 3 prospects).

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE PM ME AN ANSWER FOR THIS ONE!!!!

# 159 stormshadow1 @ 03/04/10 10:18 AM
Is there a way to shut trades off all together? I really this is not an ideal situation but .......

# 160 Microsoft_Works @ 03/04/10 10:23 AM
Take control of all 30 teams, set everything auto for the 29 other teams except trading.

You now control all trades.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.