Home
MLB 10 News Post

This is a patch that we worked on before the game shipped you can find all the fixes listed above. If you find a bug please report it in the bug/glitches thread and if there is a another patch, we will try and fix those major issues in patch number 2, when the team comes back from break.

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Jgainsey @ 03/03/10 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KolbeSCEA
This patch is not related to the items we are currently working on. If you think we can fix, test, approve, upload, and push live a HUGE patch in under 24 hours you're either crazy or have no real understanding of what goes into making a game. We will (as we always do) keep you guys posted with changes we're making and fixes we're putting in the pipeline. We havent tried to mislead or lie to anyone and as long as I have any say in it, we will never do so. As soon as we have information related to future changes and when they may go live, we will let you know.

-K
You guys are awesome. Not only have you raised the bar for sports games in general, but this kind of customer support is almost unheard of. Thank you, and keep up the great work.

# 22 TheCreWChief @ 03/03/10 05:05 PM
can any1 give me the official show community site.....i forgot to copy it down thanx

# 23 nemesis04 @ 03/03/10 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreWChief
can any1 give me the official show community site.....i forgot to copy it down thanx
www.mlbtheshowcommunity.com

# 24 ShowTyme15 @ 03/03/10 05:40 PM
so this particular patch is already out? or is this stuff they are just working on?Sorry i'm a little confused LOL.

# 25 EmpireWF @ 03/03/10 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
so this particular patch is already out? or is this stuff they are just working on?Sorry i'm a little confused LOL.
It's out now.

343 MBs, I'm downloading as I type. 26 more minutes.

# 26 ShowTyme15 @ 03/03/10 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireWF
It's out now.

Oh okay kew. Thanks

# 27 El_MaYiMbE @ 03/03/10 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireWF
It's out now.

26 minutes!? what u downloading that off a walkietalkie signal?

# 28 highcheese @ 03/03/10 05:46 PM
where is the patch at and how do i download it?

# 29 El_MaYiMbE @ 03/03/10 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcheese
where is the patch at and how do i download it?
If ur PS3 is connected to internet, soon as you pop in The Show '10 it should prompt for update instead of loading MLB main screen.

# 30 EnigmaNemesis @ 03/03/10 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
26 minutes!? what u downloading that off a walkietalkie signal?
I dont mean to laugh, but this was too funny.

Mine took 3 minutes.

# 31 El_MaYiMbE @ 03/03/10 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I dont mean to laugh, but this was too funny.

Mine took 3 minutes.

Gotta love that COMCAST!

I had my PS3 at my gf house this morning (yes the show travels w/ me)...

She has FIOS took about 8-10 mins.

# 32 vegaas @ 03/03/10 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KolbeSCEA
This patch is not related to the items we are currently working on. If you think we can fix, test, approve, upload, and push live a HUGE patch in under 24 hours you're either crazy or have no real understanding of what goes into making a game. We will (as we always do) keep you guys posted with changes we're making and fixes we're putting in the pipeline. We havent tried to mislead or lie to anyone and as long as I have any say in it, we will never do so. As soon as we have information related to future changes and when they may go live, we will let you know.

-K
I think you misunderstood me. I understand that a patch takes weeks to months to create, test and approve. I was just confused as to the mentioning that you have figured out fixes but then it was said there may or may not be a patch. I didnt understand how we would eventually get the fixes without a patch. I never mentioned a timeframe.
I know the roster update will fix some of the problems but I thought a patch was needed for some of the others.
Sorry for the misunderstanding and keep up the good work.

# 33 vegaas @ 03/03/10 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
actually he's confusing Kolbe for Russell. He's talking about the thread Kolbe created where he listed the franchise issues and then wrote their plan of attack so to speak on each issue.
I am confused, Russell started the thread but Kolbe responded. However I was referring to Kolbe's post but it sounded as if he didnt understand what I was referring to. Head is spinning.
Again, I do think you guys are doing a great job and I know I appreciate the communications from you guys.

# 34 deucepoppi17 @ 03/03/10 06:10 PM
So for those without internet access at home? Where can I buy a disc with the patch included?

# 35 tabarnes19_SDS @ 03/03/10 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deucepoppi17
So for those without internet access at home? Where can I buy a disc with the patch included?
Sorry don't think there ever will be a disc with the patch on it. Can you bring your PS3 to a friends house?

# 36 King Gro23 @ 03/03/10 06:16 PM
While it was installing (Part 2) after initial download, my system seems to be frozen at 57% installing. Any help on what I should do, Its' been at 57% for aroun a hour now.

# 37 countryboy @ 03/03/10 06:18 PM
Quote:
I believe you already know the answer to this.

Here's something you could try, as I think it will work. I keep thinking I've done this before for a friend and we got it work. Use a flashdrive to copy a save file from someone that has the patch and then copy it to your PS3. Then you should be able to have access to the patch.

# 38 BaylorBearBryant @ 03/03/10 06:22 PM
Quote:
Honestly? Dude, it's 2010. Get your PS3 hooked up to the internet.

To the devs. Keep up the good work. I look forward to the roster updates and patches in the future, but no real rush here. The continuous customer support is why I continue to buy The Show every single year.

# 39 dickey1331 @ 03/03/10 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
26 mins???? I DL'd it about an hour ago...Took a whopping 3 mins.

Just curious why so many people have LONG wait times for patches. Same with about 13 people on my friends list.
Mine took 13 min but I live in Alaska where we dont really get super fast internet.

# 40 King Gro23 @ 03/03/10 06:28 PM
Any help ? mines frozen at 57% on part 2 (istalling)
I would like to play the show fellas lol and is it okay to shut off my system ?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.