Home
MLB 10 News Post

The MLB '10: The Show updated rosters are available now.

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 brewersfan84 @ 03/08/10 08:48 AM
thank you.

# 2 19 @ 03/08/10 08:50 AM
Ugh, still appears to be WAY TOO MANY A Potential fake players... sigh.
Mostly pitchers.

# 3 racerx @ 03/08/10 08:52 AM
Checked Potential rating on few players:

Pujols - A
Colby Rasmus - A
Papelbon - A
Jeter -A
Teixeira - A
Longoria - A
B.J. Upton - A
Jose Reyes - B

# 4 19 @ 03/08/10 09:01 AM
There is still 142 fake A players. The only thing that was addressed was the established players potential ratings. Figures...

# 5 circuit_washor @ 03/08/10 09:12 AM
Are you serious? Jeter has an "A" potential?! Now, I'm a Yankee fan but there's now way Jeter it's an A, not even a B..He is 35 years old, his stats are gonna start declining...

# 6 19 @ 03/08/10 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamimarlins1
Would we be able to delete those players and create new ones with a lower rating?
Nope. They are stuck like that, I don't know what's to be done. They were made aware of it in the Player Potential thread, but chose not to address it I guess. Maybe it can be fixed in the next update, but I am getting damn tired of not being able to start RTTS or Franchise because they couldn't just set up the roster's like year, which worked great. Great way to start my Monday.

# 7 roolz @ 03/08/10 09:14 AM
So the 'real' players should now be all sorted and not treated with distain by the clubs anymore?

As long as that is in, then that should resolve some issues with players getting shipped around to easily.

# 8 19 @ 03/08/10 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roolz
So the 'real' players should now be all sorted and not treated with distain by the clubs anymore?

As long as that is in, then that should resolve some issues with players getting shipped around to easily.
It depends, the older players will probably still get traded because of the insane amount of "A" prospects. That is the problem, IMO.

# 9 bxgoods @ 03/08/10 09:16 AM
what's david wrights potential now?

# 10 roolz @ 03/08/10 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoniak
It depends, the older players will probably still get traded because of the insane amount of "A" prospects. That is the problem, IMO.
OK got it

Going to have to have a good look and a few sims now, as I wanted to crack on with my Franchise with this set.

# 11 TNKNGM @ 03/08/10 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoniak
There is still 142 fake A players. The only thing that was addressed was the established players potential ratings. Figures...
That's OK though - the roter makers can use those slots to create the top prospects.

Don't forget that they all won't reach that A potential either

# 12 19 @ 03/08/10 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamimarlins1
What if we released some of the A prospects and signed some lesser ones, that should work
Maybe, I'm going to try some stuff like that when I get off work today. It's just disappointed that it wasn't addressed at all.

# 13 jughead10 @ 03/08/10 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKNGM
That's OK though - the roter makers can use those slots to create the top prospects.

Don't forget that they all won't reach that A potential either
The main problem I believe is that more than 80% of those A players are pitchers.

# 14 Se7enth_Sinn @ 03/08/10 09:36 AM
can someone please check to see if they Fixed Manny's Batting stance.
Thanks

# 15 findinghomer @ 03/08/10 09:36 AM
i think you guys are widely confused about the point of this roster update. it was to simply fix the D, F potential all stars. THATS IT. not once did it mention fixing trade logic. all this roster update is goin to do is keep young stars from crashing after your first year.

# 16 pistolpete @ 03/08/10 09:39 AM
Quite frankly these rosters will have to be good enough for me. I am off this week, and this is my window to sink my teeth into this game.

# 17 Microsoft_Works @ 03/08/10 09:50 AM
Don't understand the logic behind this. Do they really believe there is 142 minor league players with A potential? *sigh*

# 18 insideoutside15 @ 03/08/10 09:53 AM
Didn't just about every current Major Leaguer have A potential last year though? If it's really a problem can't Knight and co. take a lot of these A potential players and turn them into low rated prospects tucked away on a team's Class A roster?

# 19 airness007 @ 03/08/10 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by circuit_washor
Are you serious? Jeter has an "A" potential?! Now, I'm a Yankee fan but there's now way Jeter it's an A, not even a B..He is 35 years old, his stats are gonna start declining...
Are you out of your mind? Or still living within the steriod era mentality. In Range, Jeter finished as the Best SS last year, in the league, ESPN aired the special and there is a system out there that measures range defensively, (its not ESPN owned) Jeter had been middle of the road prior. He is also more clutch than any non Juiced player in the major leagues. Come out of the stat era, they don't win. They just put up pretty numbers for non baseball purists. A is there because he just has IT. He also received a couple of MVP votes the last 2 years, from non NY writers.

But your right, he's not an A. Our Bad.

# 20 thinkblue_09 @ 03/08/10 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
Ok guys...please help me out here. I've been trying to keep up with all the issues with this year's game and its just spread out all over the place, so I'll just ask this simple question here;

I want to start my franchise and would like to know WHAT Franchise impacting issues exist as of right now that I should be aware of....Can someone kindly and briefly list them with a small description of what it is so I can determine if its enough of an issue for me to start my franchise and overlook them or not?

I'd appreciate it...(and Im not worrying about cosmetic things either like Manny Ramirez's batting stance or David Wright's shoe colors, etc. Just want to know about any issues that would impact the Franchise/Gameplay experience)

Thanks in advance!
As it stands now w/o my testing of the new rosters here are the potential problems with starting your Franchise assuming you decide to play it w/o workarounds and how it should be played by picking one team to control and build into a dynasty.

1. Computer proposes trades for your team, and if you are simming or not paying attention that trade could go through leaving you with new players and without others.

2. When August hits and players hit the trade waivers you can pick them up for free. They won't pull them back or ask for a trade, they just let them go for free. I've seen A. Gonzalez, J. Reyes on their as a couple of examples.

3. The trade logic was severely screwed up. I saw Albert Pujols traded twice in one year for prospects.

4. Tropicana Field sounds like it has a bug because you can't finish a game there it sounds like.

Other than that give it a try. Look at Franchise update threads as it will have some strategies you might be able to employ to make Franchise mode workable.

« Previous1234567891213Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.