Home
MLB 10 News Post

The MLB '10: The Show updated rosters are available now.

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 jeremym480 @ 03/08/10 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbunz1324
I downloaded the top 100 prospects from the roster vault and with the new update I will lose all those prospects. Is there any way I can keep the downloaded 100 prospects file and still have the roster update in tact. Or do I have to wait until someone adds the prospects to the new update roster file?
If you want the new roster, I believe that you're going to have to wait until someone creates a new file.

# 102 Betterai @ 03/08/10 03:43 PM
Anyone know if you can edit the existing player positions? If so, that will help a bit with too many players with A potentials and the abundance of pitchers.....you'd be able to edit them into real life prospects

# 103 debauchlord @ 03/08/10 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CizzLark
I'm still so pissed about the trade logic and the automatic trades that this roster update seems pretty pointless.
I have to agree, especially after I saw last night that the padres traded heath Bell to the indians for Scrub, Carlos Carrasco, and Matt Laporta.

# 104 ShowTyme15 @ 03/08/10 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
I dont see how this is an issues simply change it yourself offline
Some people don't understand this concept LOL.

# 105 jeremym480 @ 03/08/10 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betterai
Anyone know if you can edit the existing player positions? If so, that will help a bit with too many players with A potentials and the abundance of pitchers.....you'd be able to edit them into real life prospects
See below. According to Sacrafice you can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacrafice
No you can't Pitchers can be any type of pitcher, but they can't be changed to a position player.

# 106 tessl @ 03/08/10 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Is Rick Porcello's potential still a B or was it changed to a A? I would check myself but I am not at home right now.
Porcello is an A.

# 107 ShowTyme15 @ 03/08/10 03:51 PM
Few things people. the community day guys have stated many time that Potential is not locked in. Just because there are 142 A minor leaguers doesn't mean all 142 of them are going to be A's by the end or even middle of the season so some people need to take a deep breath and relax. Secondly, the trade logic is kinda messed up but there is a work around for it and it does work so USE it until we get a second patch.

# 108 Pared @ 03/08/10 03:58 PM
Login to Sportsconnect and select "save rosters."

Very confusing, I know.

# 109 GoBucs09 @ 03/08/10 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Few things people. the community day guys have stated many time that Potential is not locked in. Just because there are 142 A minor leaguers doesn't mean all 142 of them are going to be A's by the end or even middle of the season so some people need to take a deep breath and relax. Secondly, the trade logic is kinda messed up but there is a work around for it and it does work so USE it until we get a second patch.
You might be right, that some of those 142 pitchers might drop to a B potential but it seems doubtful. I mean really how many are really gonna drop? 20? 30? It won't be enough, at most I would say 50 A pitchers is reasonable, but over 100 seems like a problem.

You have to admit that 142 seems kind of....well....wrong. Almost like say for example...all my fielders run off the field backwards at the end of an inning. Sure you could run backwards, but no, not what some people are looking for in a baseball game.

# 110 tbunz1324 @ 03/08/10 04:10 PM
so there is no way to keep my downloaded prospects and get the new update roster?

# 111 Majingir @ 03/08/10 04:14 PM
can i start up rtts now without any problems or what?

# 112 ShowTyme15 @ 03/08/10 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBucs09
You might be right, that some of those 142 pitchers might drop to a B potential but it seems doubtful. I mean really how many are really gonna drop? 20? 30? It won't be enough, at most I would say 50 A pitchers is reasonable, but over 100 seems like a problem.

You have to admit that 142 seems kind of....well....wrong. Almost like say for example...all my fielders run off the field backwards at the end of an inning. Sure you could run backwards, but no, not what some people are looking for in a baseball game.
I get what u are saying and I agree but they wont just drop to a B they can go from an A to C or even a D they dont always drop one potential letter. That is what gets lost in the shuffle and there is a workaround for it but people refuse to see that or par take in it.

# 113 tbunz1324 @ 03/08/10 04:19 PM
Is there a file in roster vault with the new update and prospects?

# 114 MrArlingtonBeach @ 03/08/10 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbunz1324
I downloaded the top 100 prospects from the roster vault and with the new update I will lose all those prospects. Is there any way I can keep the downloaded 100 prospects file and still have the roster update in tact. Or do I have to wait until someone adds the prospects to the new update roster file?
You can have the Top 100 prospects file saved and have the new update saved as well. However, you will be able to only use one at a time if playing a Franchise, RTTS, etc.

In other words, if you started a Franchise with the Top 100 roster already, you will have to start a new one if you want to use the newest update (which will not have the Top 100 prospects edited).

Hope this helps.

# 115 tbunz1324 @ 03/08/10 04:21 PM
Yes this helps I hope some creates the 100 prospects for the new update soon I want to start my franchise today I already waited a week.

# 116 bxgoods @ 03/08/10 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsman8669
Still at work...but in a nutshell:

they updated the rosters with player moves but really didn't change too many of the whacky ratings??? Is this correct??

As a Mets fan...what are Wright and Reyes?
Reyes Potential B
Wright Potential A

# 117 bxgoods @ 03/08/10 04:28 PM
Quote:
Thanks...so it does seem like they altered things.

Why is everyone still up in arms??
Because they think there are too many A potential fake players in the minor league, it still makes it easy for superstar players to get traded in season.

# 118 malachijohn666 @ 03/08/10 04:32 PM
What about the issue with pwr vs. lefties? Was that supposed to be fixed?

# 119 ShowTyme15 @ 03/08/10 04:44 PM
Quote:
Hopefully they did fix it but if I recall, Russell said that was strictly a graphical error...it had nothing to do with their actual performance v LH.
That is exactly what Russell said. It's a graphical error that doesn't affect the game play!

# 120 firktaf @ 03/08/10 04:51 PM
Quote:
Hopefully they did fix it but if I recall, Russell said that was strictly a graphical error...it had nothing to do with their actual performance v LH.
This.

And a graphical error like this cannot be fixed in a roster update. If it gets fixed, then it'll get fixed in a patch.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.